Should Chozetsu Dynamic stay as the OP for the whole run?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Should Chozetsu Dynamic stay as the OP for the whole run

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:29 pm

The only way a new OP would work in my opinion is if it played for as many episodes as the first did. Meaning, if Super were to have 100 episodes, it'd need to change at around episode 50.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Big Momma wrote:The only way a new OP would work in my opinion is if it played for as many episodes as the first did. Meaning, if Super were to have 100 episodes, it'd need to change at around episode 50.
I know that's an example, but if that did happen, we'd find out this week.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:05 pm

Showed a couple friends of mine the new END and each of them cringed. Couldn't fathom how that song fits with this arc.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:36 am

ryou766 wrote:Showed a couple friends of mine the new END and each of them cringed. Couldn't fathom how that song fits with this arc.
What exactly does that have to do with this topic?

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:46 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Showed a couple friends of mine the new END and each of them cringed. Couldn't fathom how that song fits with this arc.
What exactly does that have to do with this topic?
Posted in the wrong topic. Ignore this.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:46 am

Anime Kitten wrote:I really hope they change it. The vocalist is too... boring. Maybe when Season 2 rolls around, they will. I hope...
Just curious but how many episodes of anime are usually in a Season now a days?

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:57 am

Xeztin wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:I really hope they change it. The vocalist is too... boring. Maybe when Season 2 rolls around, they will. I hope...
Just curious but how many episodes of anime are usually in a Season now a days?
They come in 12 or 24 episode blocks.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:49 am

I thought anime seasons usually lasted for 50-70 episodes. :eh:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:57 am

There aren't really seasons in anime (for the most part), there are cours which are just 13 weeks, basically just splitting the year into quarters.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:02 am

ArchedThunder wrote:There aren't really seasons in anime (for the most part), there are cours which are just 13 weeks, basically just splitting the year into quarters.
There are, in the sense that there are four times a year in which anime seasons begin, same as regular Japanese TV: Winter (January–March), Spring (April–June), Summer (July–September), and Autumn or Fall (October–December).

But yeah, roughly 12 episodes per season.

NothiaBlue

Post by NothiaBlue » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:12 am

Maybe.

I like Chozetsu Dynamic, but I feel like it was slightly more suited early into Super. It just has that "starting out" feeling to it.

So I wouldn't mind it getting replaced with with something that suited it a bit more. Otherwise it's fine.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 am

For me, yes! It is the first opening, first anime opening to be exact that I actually like after a long time after the end of Z. The only other ''recent'' anime op I kinda liked was We Are in One Piece.
I just can't stand the generic and bad pop songs like Dan Dan and also, Takayoshi Tanimoto's Dragon Soul and Ku-Zen-Zetsu are horrible openings, but may well work with the target audience - children.
After horrific endings we've got in Kai, Super and the last 2 Z movies, I am scared of the opening changing for some bad japanese pop song from a androgynous singer or pop idol group.

People are stating the change of atmosphere with Trunks and that they wanna change. How did that go for you with Yoka Yoka Dance?
Which surprised with how it is universaly hated here and there even by the head-on otakus for the first time.

I would love a theme song for Dragon Ball from Boom Boom Satellites tough :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Allow me to express the opposite opinion, that Dan Dan, Dragon Soul and Ku Zen Zetsu Go were good themes and that Chozetsu Dynamic isn't. If anything, it's Chozetsu Dynamic that sound generic to me lol.

As for the title question, absolutely not! There's always a possibility that a new OP song would be better than what is currently available. While there's also a good chance that a new OP song is just as bad, if not worse, than Chozetsu Dynamic, at least they will show that they are trying.

To me Chozetsu Dynamic was *meh*. As bad as it was though, Yoka Yoka Dance is *atrocious*. If I wanted light hearted DB theme music that didn't fit the dark themes of whatever saga it was being played on, I'd rather listen to Ariane's French DBZ theme. Not only did that theme sound halfway decent, but it also acknowledged that the characters faced dangerous situations (Can somebody who speaks Japanese confirm or deny that Yoka Yoka Dance is entirely lighthearted?)

I think the only possible good use of Yoka Yoka Dance is if Team Four Star gives it a Death Metal remix to emphasize how horrific and alien Goku Black is, and in turn giving it a Hell Is That Noise kind of vibe. Then again, that will take years, as DBZ Abridged is slowly reaching the Cell Games.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.