Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by Basaku » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:51 am

Yeah but this ain't the official Polsat website

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:39 am

Now that I think about it... since DB Super premiered in Albania, Hungary, Lithuania and Romania and is going to premiere in Poland and Greece. Does that mean Croatia and Serbia will get it too?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:34 am

TheRed259 wrote:The Albanian dub is using Yamamoto's score in Super as well. :o
https://youtu.be/nP7UO1JTqhg?t=20
You got an alternate link? It is gone now

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:22 am

TheRed259 wrote:
sangofe wrote:You got an alternate link? It is gone now
https://youtu.be/zdH80H5R9dI?t=14
I really don't like Vegeta's voice. But Goku's voice sounds surprisingly good.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Polish dub sample/trailer:
https://www.facebook.com/polsatgames/vi ... 352501222/

Series starts on Monday.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 pm

"a French dub". Don't you mean the French dub? Because judging from the first two clips, they're airing the AB Groupe (or whoever holds the rights to DB in France... it's the same cast for the most part) dub (from France). A quick look at recorded Toonami France broadcasts confirms that. Though considering that they're broadcasting it with fansub footage, I have my doubts that they actually licensed it.

I'm curious though. Considering there's an Arabic news ticker thing at the bottom of the screen, are Arabic subtitles available on the broadcast? I highly doubt that an Arabic dub using the same cast as the main Arabic dubs of DB, Z, and Kai is airing, considering the (possible but unconfirmed?) no-Super-until-you-complete-Kai rule from Toei.

edit: Robo4900, despite what we discussed privately on discord, I'm still going with the no-Super-until-you-complete-Kai theory until it's been proven otherwise or a better theory is provided.
Last edited by Danfun64 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Danfun64 wrote:considering the (possible but unconfirmed?) no-Super-until-you-complete-Kai rule from Toei.
edit: Robo4900, despite what we discussed privately on discord, I'm still going with the no-Super-until-you-complete-Kai theory until it's been proven otherwise or a better theory is provided.
:P

There's no evidence to support that particular rumour. The only Toei rule we're fairly certain of is that Funimation had to get a TV deal going before doing anything else with Kai or Super.
Last edited by Robo4900 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:22 pm

An explanation for the preceding edit warring.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:02 am

Danfun64 wrote:"a French dub". Don't you mean the French dub? Because judging from the first two clips, they're airing the AB Groupe (or whoever holds the rights to DB in France... it's the same cast for the most part) dub (from France). A quick look at recorded Toonami France broadcasts confirms that. Though considering that they're broadcasting it with fansub footage, I have my doubts that they actually licensed it.
I know it's the same version that is airing in France. I didn't feel like explaining it since I thought everyone would recognize the voices.
I'm curious though. Considering there's an Arabic news ticker thing at the bottom of the screen, are Arabic subtitles available on the broadcast? I highly doubt that an Arabic dub using the same cast as the main Arabic dubs of DB, Z, and Kai is airing, considering the (possible but unconfirmed?) no-Super-until-you-complete-Kai rule from Toei.

Thailand has aired the first 2 arcs of Super IIRC, but they haven't aired the Buu arc of Kai as far as I know. Also, some countries (like Spain, Italy, Hungary, Israel) have gotten Super but they never aired Kai.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:05 am

What the heck are you talking about? Italy didnt EVEN DUB KAI! Nor did Spain. Dont let your apparent grudge with Robo, which I'm going to stay out of, blind you.

There! Enough evidence?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:47 am

TheRed259 wrote:There is also a TV channel in Algeria called KBC which broadcasts DragonBall Super with a French dub and their footage comes from Mystic Z-Team, a French fansubbing group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QiUmCeYxJc
https://youtu.be/yuhbE4-cEIQ?t=25
https://youtu.be/kb7OkTiGIsg?t=23
Let me get this straight... they are airing a French fansub but with audio of the official French dub...

All I can say is that's freaking weird and stupid :wtf:

Couldn't just they air the French dubbed episodes that already HAVE video instead of mixing the French audio with the fansub video? I mean, it saves time.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:15 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:What the heck are you talking about? Italy didnt EVEN DUB KAI! Nor did Spain. Dont let your apparent grudge with Robo, which I'm going to stay out of, blind you.

There! Enough evidence?
It wasn't a grudge. In fact it was more playful than anything. And yes, I wasn't thinking of Super dubs from countries that didn't air Kai. Even so, what I meant to say was that I assumed that Toei had a(n unwritten) rule that went like "if you dubbed Kai, you have to finish dubbing it before you dubbed Super." with said rule not applying for regions like Portugal and (Castellan) Spain that didn't Kai to begin with.
TheRed259 wrote:I know it's the same version that is airing in France. I didn't feel like explaining it since I thought everyone would recognize the voices.
I apologise if I was rude there. My reaction was because the way you worded your post (a French dub) combined with the revelation that it's using fansub video made me think an alternate French dub was being aired. The Albanian dub, for example, was made using pirated materials. Also, there was a strange officially licensed DBZ dub in Quebec that used Funi's dub as a base (only covering Funi's World of Dragon Ball Z special as well as episodes 124 and 125), so the idea of a potential new alternate French dub intrigued me.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:05 am

Danfun64 wrote: It wasn't a grudge. In fact it was more playful than anything. And yes, I wasn't thinking of Super dubs from countries that didn't air Kai. Even so, what I meant to say was that I assumed that Toei had a(n unwritten) rule that went like "if you dubbed Kai, you have to finish dubbing it before you dubbed Super." with said rule not applying for regions like Portugal and (Castellan) Spain that didn't Kai to begin with.
The countries don't really have to finish a series to dub its sequel. Just look at Denmark. They skipped DB and started with DBZ. Although the fans already knew what happened in DB because of the manga release.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:06 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Dont let your apparent grudge with Robo, which I'm going to stay out of, blind you.
To be clear, Danfun and I are buddies. We mainly chat on Discord, though. He linked me to this thread because he wanted to discuss that weird piracy of the French dub of Super, and we had some Discord banter as I put my post up criticising the "No Super until Kai" thing Danfun was claiming was a known rule, even though I've always been a sceptic about that. :)

Sorry to have dragged things off-topic. I will now cease this interruption and let you all get back to your discussion of Super. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Tian wrote:Couldn't just they air the French dubbed episodes that already HAVE video instead of mixing the French audio with the fansub video? I mean, it saves time.
The French dubbed episodes that already existed at that time (no French DVD release) had the Toonami logo on them. So they had to mix them with something or they just found them mixed by that French fansubbing group, don't know. I guess they tried to hide the fact that they air the episodes without a license but they didn't notice the Mystic Z-Team logo in the eyecatches.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:41 am

TheRed259 wrote:
Tian wrote:Couldn't just they air the French dubbed episodes that already HAVE video instead of mixing the French audio with the fansub video? I mean, it saves time.
The French dubbed episodes that already existed at that time (no French DVD release) had the Toonami logo on them. So they had to mix them with something or they just found them mixed by that French fansubbing group, don't know. I guess they tried to hide the fact that they air the episodes without a license but they didn't notice the Mystic Z-Team logo in the eyecatches.
I think that group also released mkvs with French dub and sub.