Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:28 am

Dragon Ball Super is currently the second most watched show on Viasat6 right now (the channel that airs DBS in Hungary). The BoG arc just finished in Hungary yesterday btw.

https://lengabor.blogspot.ro/2018/04/or ... asat6.html
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
OmegaRockman
Regular
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:50 am

I noticed that the opening post is unsure if Toonami Africa and the edited Funimation dub ever got past Episode 26. Well, going by this page of the Toonami Africa website, which has clips from the Champa Arc, I'd say they got to at least Episode 33. I wouldn't be surprised if they got even further than that.

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by wjbraden » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:I noticed that the opening post is unsure if Toonami Africa and the edited Funimation dub ever got past Episode 26. Well, going by this page of the Toonami Africa website, which has clips from the Champa Arc, I'd say they got to at least Episode 33. I wouldn't be surprised if they got even further than that.
Thanks for the heads up. All updated now.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

User avatar
OmegaRockman
Regular
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Quick update on the Toonami Africa Broadcast. It seems that they got to at least Episode 46 since they uploaded a clip of the Copy Vegeta fight to their official Facebook, complete with a language edit. Just posting it here for the handful of people interested in the Funimation edited dub.

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3414
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:51 pm

God this makes me wish for a UK Broadcast that I know will never happen lol.
[spoiler]
Lord Beerus wrote:
Gog wrote:The cell saga/android saga is the worst thing Akira Toriyama ever made. And nothing has ever actually managed to come close to it, after it. Even the terrible asspulls in the FT saga, weren't as bad as that. But of course this is all my opinion. :D
You've just made a new best friend. :mrgreen:
[/spoiler]
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I will not be satisfied until my pessimism crushes your spirit.
Pirina_Fusee wrote:Man that line is trying too hard. "We is Vizzle, we down with da kidzzle dizzle! Emoji!"


wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by wjbraden » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:08 am

TheRed259 wrote:DragonBall Super in Albania:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBfgAg9-P8
I'm assuming this is another "illegitimately" produced dub, but I'll add it to my list. Thanks for the info red252!
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

User avatar
DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Albanian dubs to me are glorified fandubs.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by wjbraden » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Albanian dubs to me are glorified fandubs.
I really have no idea how they've gotten away with it for as long as they have. You would think Toei and others would be coming after them in droves and shutting them down, but maybe there's more to the story we don't know about (corruption is commonplace in Alabania from what I've read).

Even still, it's pretty bold for a bonafide television network (at least by Albanian stardards), with actual sponsors (they play ads on the channel, too) are broadcasting unlisenced programming, on a nation-wide scale in 2018.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:03 pm

wjbraden wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:Albanian dubs to me are glorified fandubs.
I really have no idea how they've gotten away with it for as long as they have. You would think Toei and others would be coming after them in droves and shutting them down, but maybe there's more to the story we don't know about (corruption is commonplace in Alabania from what I've read).

Even still, it's pretty bold for a bonafide television network (at least by Albanian stardards), with actual sponsors (they play ads on the channel, too) are broadcasting unlisenced programming, on a nation-wide scale in 2018.
They're dubbing and broadcasting Dragon Ball without a license?

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by wjbraden » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:32 pm

sangofe wrote:
wjbraden wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:Albanian dubs to me are glorified fandubs.
I really have no idea how they've gotten away with it for as long as they have. You would think Toei and others would be coming after them in droves and shutting them down, but maybe there's more to the story we don't know about (corruption is commonplace in Alabania from what I've read).

Even still, it's pretty bold for a bonafide television network (at least by Albanian stardards), with actual sponsors (they play ads on the channel, too) are broadcasting unlisenced programming, on a nation-wide scale in 2018.
They're dubbing and broadcasting Dragon Ball without a license?
Yes, as is the case with most (if not all) of their foreign programming. They've litteraly gone on the internet, downloaded pirated episodes, and fashioned together a dub with real voice actors in a studio. Sort of like what teamfourstar does, minus the parody, but this is something that actually airs on national TV. It's a really strange situation, and how they've not been ordered cease amd desist letters really amazes me.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.


User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 767
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 am

So they're airing a fandub basically
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:01 am

I remember watching an episode of their Baby Saga from GT and it had Kikuchi's music from Z and Yamamoto's from Kai!


User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:55 pm

TheRed259 wrote:DragonBall Super is coming to Greece!

According to this article, Poland is also getting DragonBall Super!

Dubs?

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Nickelodeon in Greece shows every cartoon with a Greek dub, so most likely they will show DragonBall Super dubbed in Greek. I don't know about Poland but in the past they had a lector speaking over the French voices.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by Danfun64 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:30 am

For Kai 1.0 and late GT they've been doing a Lektor over the Japanese audio. Super is probably also getting a Japanese based Lektor.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

User avatar
Basaku
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:00 pm
Location: Planet of the Apes

Re: Dragon Ball Super International News & Speculation (Read First Post)

Post by Basaku » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:37 pm

TheRed259 wrote:According to this article, Poland is also getting DragonBall Super!
Info seems legit, although not officially announced by Polsat Group yet. Interesting developement too, Polsat was originally planning to air DBZ in the late 90s right after initial Sailor Moon run but bailed last minute (due to concerns over the show's voilence). Rival station picked it up instead few years later, then Sony (on AXN channels).
Danfun64 wrote:For Kai 1.0 and late GT they've been doing a Lektor over the Japanese audio. Super is probably also getting a Japanese based Lektor.
That was Sony though, different company & license agreement, we don't know Polsat's exact plans yet


Post Reply