Forget about Gohan, what remains are only memories

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Forget about Gohan, what remains are only memories

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Kagari wrote:Ideally the present timeline will fall into crisis while Goku and co. are away in the future.
We all know that's not going to happen.

Gohan is officially the new Launch.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:45 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kagari wrote:Ideally the present timeline will fall into crisis while Goku and co. are away in the future.
We all know that's not going to happen.

Gohan is officially the new Launch.
I'm more talking about the rest of the cast, who've been left behind in the present. This is pretty much the opposite of the tournament arc.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Kagari wrote:
Kishido wrote:And now the hope of Gohan being somehow involved cuz he forgot to ask Trunks is crushed as well.
Ideally the present timeline will fall into crisis while Goku and co. are away in the future.
Picoyo, Gotenks, Beerus, Whis etc are still here you know. Gohan still won't be needed.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:
Kishido wrote:And now the hope of Gohan being somehow involved cuz he forgot to ask Trunks is crushed as well.
Ideally the present timeline will fall into crisis while Goku and co. are away in the future.
Picoyo, Gotenks, Beerus, Whis etc are still here you know. Gohan still won't be needed.
Read my above post. It'd be cool if the other Z Fighters had a role while Goku was away. I know it's wishful thinking at this point but I'd still like to see it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote: Ideally the present timeline will fall into crisis while Goku and co. are away in the future.
Read my above post. It'd be cool if the other Z Fighters had a role while Goku was away. I know it's wishful thinking at this point but I'd still like to see it.
It would detract from the main arc. Like at beginning of the arc when it kept switching between the future and present. One focus at a time.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:
He's so far at the bottom it's sad.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Gohan will be 3rd strongest on the earth when super ends, mark my words.

(depends whether he is SSB lvl or mystic gohan lvl)
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:45 pm

apex_pretador wrote:Gohan will be 3rd strongest on the earth when super ends, mark my words.

He's already the third strongest on Earth. He's only behind Goku and Vegeta in power. People tend to forget that Piccolo got manhandled by Togama, while Super Saiyan Gohan two-shotted him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:02 pm

HeroR wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:Gohan will be 3rd strongest on the earth when super ends, mark my words.

He's already the third strongest on Earth. He's only behind Goku and Vegeta in power. People tend to forget that Piccolo got manhandled by Togama, while Super Saiyan Gohan two-shotted him.
Some people think that buu is stronger.
A lot of them think that SS3 gotenks is stronger.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:39 pm

What does it matter?

He is still too weak to face future threats and they have to wait until Daddy and Uncle come for the rescue.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 pm

I mean, it's not like Gohan HAD to be specifically relevant in this arc. Goku and Vegeta will always be there in Super, and Future Trunks is their +1. They don't seem to really want to bring any other cast members in. Need we be reminded, Goten has been off-screen most of this arc because...Chi-Chi wants him to study. And the such quick handwaving of removing Piccolo and Krillin by just saying "Oh, they went home" was really disappointing.

The difference is, none of them had an episode dedicated to saying "Let's not bother this character with the main plot, because they're perfectly happy staying on the sidelines".
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Kishido wrote:What does it matter?

He is still too weak to face future threats and they have to wait until Daddy and Uncle come for the rescue.
In the end it's up to the writers to give him and the other characters something to do. If the story calls for the other characters to get a power up someday, they'll get it. Depending on how long Super runs on for, anything could happen. No one expected Future Trunks to come back, or Mai and the Pilaf Gang to be relevant again. The current arc is also far from over, so we'll see.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:38 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:I mean, it's not like Gohan HAD to be specifically relevant in this arc. Goku and Vegeta will always be there in Super, and Future Trunks is their +1. They don't seem to really want to bring any other cast members in. Need we be reminded, Goten has been off-screen most of this arc because...Chi-Chi wants him to study. And the such quick handwaving of removing Piccolo and Krillin by just saying "Oh, they went home" was really disappointing.

The difference is, none of them had an episode dedicated to saying "Let's not bother this character with the main plot, because they're perfectly happy staying on the sidelines".

Actually I think that makes perfect sense from Krillin. He realized he would never be as strong as Goku/Gang a long time ago and that he really could only get in the way. His fighting spirit really declines throughout Z in a natural way that would make me believe he wants no part in saving the day unless he has to.

Piccolo I agree..very disappointing.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 pm

So is every character not named Vegeta, or one of the gods. So Gohan isn't special in that regard. Piccolo can't even stop someone as powerful as Tagoma.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:31 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
MozillaVulpix wrote:I mean, it's not like Gohan HAD to be specifically relevant in this arc. Goku and Vegeta will always be there in Super, and Future Trunks is their +1. They don't seem to really want to bring any other cast members in. Need we be reminded, Goten has been off-screen most of this arc because...Chi-Chi wants him to study. And the such quick handwaving of removing Piccolo and Krillin by just saying "Oh, they went home" was really disappointing.

Actually I think that makes perfect sense from Krillin. He realized he would never be as strong as Goku/Gang a long time ago and that he really could only get in the way. His fighting spirit really declines throughout Z in a natural way that would make me believe he wants no part in saving the day unless he has to.

That's not how I ever took Krillin's character at all.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:42 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

It seemed to me like the more time passed the less ready he was to fight. He seemed to want to focus on his family and normal life rather than training for the next threat. Also when Goku says to leave Krillin was usually the one to say ""Yep lets get out of here Gohan/whoever"

I'm not saying he's a wimp or afraid or even useless, I'm just saying it seems like he's accepted his role on the sideline over time.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:53 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

It seemed to me like the more time passed the less ready he was to fight. He seemed to want to focus on his family and normal life rather than training for the next threat. Also when Goku says to leave Krillin was usually the one to say ""Yep lets get out of here Gohan/whoever"

I'm not saying he's a wimp or afraid or even useless, I'm just saying it seems like he's accepted his role on the sideline over time.
No. He just knows when it's best to retreat. That doesn't mean he's slowly gave up on fighting. It just means he's smart. Hell, he was always like that.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:39 pm

I think Gohan is the 3rd strongest in ROF, 4th at worst. He is 50 times Piccolo who could be anywhere from imperfect Cell post humans to 1st trip ASSJ Vegeta. Unless Piccolo is at the low end of that range, I doubt you can get 50x as strong as him without beating Mr buu post split. The fact that Frieza was supposed to be stronger than base Saiyans also supports that Gohan's base was still somewhat boosted from his mystic power, and therefore he would have a very powerful super saiyan state.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:22 pm

HeroR wrote:

So is every character not named Vegeta, or one of the gods. So Gohan isn't special in that regard. Piccolo can't even stop someone as powerful as Tagoma.
That isn't the point

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:43 pm

HeroR wrote:

Your hatred for Piccolo is strong. How strong do you have tagoma weaker than Semi perfect cell? If not who cares if Piccolo can't stop him.