Forget about Gohan, what remains are only memories

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Forget about Gohan, what remains are only memories

Post by Lujin_16 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:41 am

He will never become so strong again maybe a little bit but nothing special....Dragonball Super has to many strong fighters and it will be more in the Omiking Tournament is see no chance that

he becomes one of the strongest fighters in Super...There are some who expecting Gohan to become a god but for me that's not a good idea that every saiyan becoming a god please make not the

same mistake like Dragonball Z....It makes sense that only Vegeta & Goku are gods because they are fighters who loves become stronger and train hard everyday this is their Hobby Akira makes

the right decision :wink: maybe in future Kabe is the new Gohan who knows :thumbup:

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Forget about Gohan, what remains are only memories

Post by Chiki » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:59 am

You guys might be interested to read the episode 52 preview spoilers:

[spoiler]Meanwhile, the Trunks from the future goes to meet Gohan, who had been his master in the world of the future. However, Trunks is bewildered to find that the Gohan who shows up is completely different than the one he knew.[/spoiler]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:42 am

I find it odd that trunks is training and gohan isn't.. He even rejected his job offer, he is just sitting in his home at this point..

[spoiler]I think it's best to enjoy 52 as the last episode saying goodbye to gohan.. A scentece like "he is bewildered to see him like that" are not really used in a good sense mostly in English..[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:52 am

Episode 52 looks like the only episode he will appear in this arc. Episode 53 and 54 sound like they just left him to get on with his usaul life. I wouldn't be surprised if episode 52 is something added by Toei.

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:30 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Episode 52 looks like the only episode he will appear in this arc. Episode 53 and 54 sound like they just left him to get on with his usaul life. I wouldn't be surprised if episode 52 is something added by Toei.
Yeah, i was thinking the exact same thing.
If it's true, then it is really sad that Toei wants to include him more than Akira.

I mean Gohans goal was to simply become a scolar, and now he is. What does he wants to do now? Even if he has no goal, he could be shown a lot more.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:42 am

Imagine if this is the ultimate bait and switch,

The Scenario.

Gohan refuses his Job offer to be close to home.

A few months have passed for the potafaeu arc.

Goku says that Whis has been off somewhere for that arc.

Gohan has requested that Whis train him in secret.

Goku and Vegeta have been vague to Trunks about how strong they are so far and not told him about them being God level.

Trunks is bewildered because Gohan is so strong and unlike the Gohan from his timeline because he has become a God.

................One can dream

More hopeful scenario is that Gohan will somehow get motivated by Trunks' surprise at how Gohan is (Maybe Trunks referencing Bulma's death says "I wasn't strong enough to protect my family in times of trouble) and Gohan will realise he needs to get his power back up.

it'd be pretty cool to see the student become the master. Imagine an awesome SSB sparring match between Gohan and Trunks.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 am

I've seen a good amount of Shonen and no character has ever went from what Gohan and even Piccolo were to what they are now.

It's such a shame they're being so disrespected and to make things worse, it's the author who's doing it.

At least in GT they kept their dignity and weren't turned into the jokes they are in Super.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:13 am

sintzu wrote:I've seen a good amount of Shonen and no character has ever went from what Gohan and even Piccolo were to what they are now.

It's such a shame they're being so disrespected and to make things worse, it's the author who's doing it.

At least in GT they kept their dignity and weren't turned into the jokes they are in Super.
Dragon ball is the worst shonen at using its characters. Its not just Gohan and Piccolo as you can sort of say the same with Krillin, Tien and Yamcha.

Toriyama currently seems to think that you have to be a Saiyan and like to fight a lot to actually be involved.
JimmyRustam wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Episode 52 looks like the only episode he will appear in this arc. Episode 53 and 54 sound like they just left him to get on with his usaul life. I wouldn't be surprised if episode 52 is something added by Toei.
Yeah, i was thinking the exact same thing.
If it's true, then it is really sad that Toei wants to include him more than Akira.

I mean Gohans goal was to simply become a scolar, and now he is. What does he wants to do now? Even if he has no goal, he could be shown a lot more.
Just like how Gohan and Piccolo training was added by Toei. Toei/ Toyotaro should try and get Toriyama to add the rest of the cast when he is writing the new arcs.

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:10 am

I can imagine that Gohan will wear his Saiyaman-clothes when Future Trunks visits him. Trunks' reaction to that would be priceless xD

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:21 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Toriyama currently seems to think that you have to be a Saiyan and like to fight a lot to actually be involved.
Which is a shame cause during the original he found ways of using them beyond fighting.

Bulma and Krillin couldn't do anything physically on Namek but they had a major role that fit their characters.

Tien was nowhere near as strong as the saiyans during the Cell arc but he had a great moment at holding him off.

Piccolo didn't get to fight anyone during the Buu arc but his presence was just as strong as it was in previous arcs.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:24 am

sintzu wrote:
Piccolo didn't get to fight anyone during the Buu arc but his presence was just as strong as it was in previous arcs.
Well, he also had an epic moment at cutting Babidi in half. :clap: But yeah, his presence as a guardian shined in the Buu arc!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:29 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:Well, he also had an epic moment at cutting Babidi in half. :clap:
And that was in what's called the "light hearted" arc of Z.

I really miss that brutality nowadays.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:42 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Toriyama currently seems to think that you have to be a Saiyan and like to fight a lot to actually be involved.
Which is a shame cause during the original he found ways of using them beyond fighting.

Bulma and Krillin couldn't do anything physically on Namek but they had a major role that fit their characters.

Tien was nowhere near as strong as the saiyans during the Cell arc but he had a great moment at holding him off.

Exactly! Tien's moment is one of my favourite momemts.
I think Toriyama should have had Goku Black land somewhere else on earth so other haracters interacted with him first instead of Goku. This arc is going to be over different timelines and universes so hopefully the characters get split and consequently doing different objectives

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:31 am

I've told people this of for a while. Let it go. He's not someone they really want to use much anymore, and is less important than Goten, Kid Trunks, and the Pilaf Gang.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:48 am

dbzfan7 wrote:I've told people this of for a while. Let it go. He's not someone they really want to use much anymore, and is less important than Goten, Kid Trunks, and the Pilaf Gang.
Goten has been retained by his school test and probably won't be shown so much in this arc so its just Kid Trunks and the Pilaf gang :P
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:51 am

Beerus-sama wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I've told people this of for a while. Let it go. He's not someone they really want to use much anymore, and is less important than Goten, Kid Trunks, and the Pilaf Gang.
Goten has been retained by his school test and probably won't be shown so much in this arc so its just Kid Trunks and the Pilaf gang :P
Goten at least has a chibi in the opening, and even outside promotions use him, while leaving out Gohan. Really the ultimate insult to Gohan is the Goten, Kid Trunks, and the Pilaf Gang are apparently worth more than he is. His successful family life is such garbage apparently, it's not worth to show as much as an old comedy trio, and 2 kids who barely have character.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:59 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:
Goten at least has a chibi in the opening, and even outside promotions use him, while leaving out Gohan. Really the ultimate insult to Gohan is the Goten, Kid Trunks, and the Pilaf Gang are apparently worth more than he is. His successful family life is such garbage apparently, it's not worth to show as much as an old comedy trio, and 2 kids who barely have character.
He's probably making normal things normal people do when they have a family. :P
Showing more than what Super has shown already would be like turning Super into some different type of anime...

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:He's probably making normal things normal people do when they have a family. :P
Showing more than what Super has shown already would be like turning Super into some different type of anime...
People already say they love the slice of life stuff. They also say this is the best direction for him. Yet that doesn't seem to be the case as it really has become a reason to get him away from screen time, more than improve character. The monomyth story ended poorly in the Boo arc, then learned nothing from those events. Then learned nothing from Beerus. Learned something from Freeza arc. Then forsook his lesson and that's where we end off. What kind of lesson is that? When in doubt, leave everything to your parents to solve all your problems.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:06 pm

sintzu wrote:I've seen a good amount of Shonen and no character has ever went from what Gohan and even Piccolo were to what they are now.

What´s your definition of being disrespected and dignity? Does it has something to do either the characters being portrayed(or not) as badass or them having/not having screentime to have fights?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:13 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:He's probably making normal things normal people do when they have a family. :P
People already say they love the slice of life stuff. They also say this is the best direction for him. Yet that doesn't seem to be the case as it really has become a reason to get him away from screen time, more than improve character. The monomyth story ended poorly in the Boo arc, then learned nothing from those events. Then learned nothing from Beerus. Learned something from Freeza arc. Then forsook his lesson and that's where we end off. What kind of lesson is that? When in doubt, leave everything to your parents to solve all your problems.
Maybe its because no one is depending of him anymore. Goku is always available now than in Z where he was being retained by being dead (Saiyans), hospitalized or injured (Namek) or he just wanted to depend on Gohan's potential (Cell), and dead again (Buu). But maybe with the Cell incident, Goku learned his lesson of not forcing someone into something they don't do with passion like him and let people be? And since Gohan is now a father watching over his family with work and all he doesn't have time to become stronger as everyone would like him to be.

Also, what can Gohan do if Super gave him screentime that isn't training?