Jason Douglas Confirms Funimation Dub?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Jason Douglas Confirms Funimation Dub?

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: He most likely was recording One Piece. He was there with Luci Christian and Mike McFarland.
No, Luci was at FUNi with Mike, Douglas was at OT5000.
Oh do you have a link to tweet where he said he wad at Ot?

Edit- nevermind found it! Alls good now :)
Yeah, I don't know who Sabat is trying to fool but it's kind of insulting. It's clearly Super episode 1, this thread shows that.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: No, Luci was at FUNi with Mike, Douglas was at OT5000.
Oh do you have a link to tweet where he said he wad at Ot?

Edit- nevermind found it! Alls good now :)
Yeah, I don't know who Sabat is trying to fool but it's kind of insulting. It's clearly Super episode 1, this thread shows that.
Also I zoomed in that photo Douglas tweeted: does that look like the Super opening or is it just me?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Derf

Post by Derf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Me thinks that's just you. Doesn't look like anything discernible to me.
Last edited by Derf on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:28 pm

I'm not watching the dub until the U6 stuff anyway. I do not need to hear riveting repartee such as "Beerus-Sama!" and "Suppa-Saiyajin Goddo!" for five fucking episodes straight in English any more than I needed to in Japanese.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:29 pm

It looks like an eye of a character but that's all I can make out. I don't get why Sabat thinks people are stupid enough to believe that it wasn't for Super when it clearly is.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:31 pm

It's not really a case of patronizing more than it's him being careful with what he says. I'm sure he's aware fans can piece out the hints, but there's no way he can directly state anything on his own until formal announcements conclude.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Funimation's reaction to this leak. https://youtu.be/Vdb_C6Rg3Lk?t=2m22s :lol:

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Nejishiki wrote:It's not really a case of patronizing more than it's him being careful with what he says. I'm sure he's aware fans can piece out the hints, but there's no way he can directly state anything on his own until formal announcements conclude.
But wouldn't the better thing to do be just not acknowledging it at all?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Nejishiki wrote:It's not really a case of patronizing more than it's him being careful with what he says. I'm sure he's aware fans can piece out the hints, but there's no way he can directly state anything on his own until formal announcements conclude.
But wouldn't the better thing to do be just not acknowledging it at all?
Maybe they're going to be recording a lot of episodes and the show won't be announced or air for a while, so he wants to make sure people don't expect an announcement this week.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:41 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:My guess we will get by the end of the year. It would be interesting if Toonami does not get Buu saga Kai and go straight into Super.
I think the plan from the start was to release the Buu saga right when it's supposed to air on Toonami.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: Dude, Douglas tweeted that he was recording at OT5000 yesterday and it's clearly a shot from episode 1 of Super. Douglas took it down because of that.
He most likely was recording One Piece. He was there with Luci Christian and Mike McFarland.
No, Luci was at FUNi with Mike, Douglas was at OT5000. Plus, Aokiji (the character that Douglas voices in One Piece) doesn't show up a lot in Season 8 (where they are now) after the war.
From episode 493 - 535 (up to where I checked) Aokiji appears twice, once in a flashback.
So if he was at Okratron yesterday, he had a handful of lines to record, which wouldn't have merited him returning today, unless it was a re-recording.

Either way, Chris Sabat is being careful, and trying to save face, as if he was in charge of the dub, then Funi would hold him responsible for the leak.
He must know the damage has been done, but felt he needed to try to throw people off.

I don't think Funi are ready to announce it anytime soon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:10 pm

They can try and save face as much they want but this is the internet, nothing is removed. If I were them I'd announce it asap, Otakon would probably be the perfect place.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:12 pm

He deleted his pic. Guys don't get him in trouble with Funi :D

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:13 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: He most likely was recording One Piece. He was there with Luci Christian and Mike McFarland.
No, Luci was at FUNi with Mike, Douglas was at OT5000. Plus, Aokiji (the character that Douglas voices in One Piece) doesn't show up a lot in Season 8 (where they are now) after the war.
From episode 493 - 535 (up to where I checked) Aokiji appears twice, once in a flashback.
So if he was at Okratron yesterday, he had a handful of lines to record, which wouldn't have merited him returning today, unless it was a re-recording.

Either way, Chris Sabat is being careful, and trying to save face, as if he was in charge of the dub, then Funi would hold him responsible for the leak.
He must know the damage has been done, but felt he needed to try to throw people off.

They don't record One Piece at Okratron

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:15 pm

It could very well have been an intentional "accident" to stir the pot a little bit. A good chunk of fans are pretty frustrated that there's no official release still and it's been a year already. However, if they go, "Hey. Post this. Let a few people see it. Then, take it down," it gets people excited and hopeful again.

On top of that, I probably wouldn't have heard of it if Sabat wasn't like, "Hey, kids! Nothing to see here, hahaha!" He only drew more attention to it that way. So, honestly, I think it was something purposefully done to whet our appetites for a tiny bit since they can't officially say anything yet.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:35 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: No, Luci was at FUNi with Mike, Douglas was at OT5000. Plus, Aokiji (the character that Douglas voices in One Piece) doesn't show up a lot in Season 8 (where they are now) after the war.

They don't record One Piece at Okratron
Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info :) I do know Mike McFarland directs the One Piece dub. Chris Sabat posted a pic w/Brina Palencia yesterday dubbing One Piece, which must have been at Funi.
Kendamu wrote:It could very well have been an intentional "accident" to stir the pot a little bit. A good chunk of fans are pretty frustrated that there's no official release still and it's been a year already. However, if they go, "Hey. Post this. Let a few people see it. Then, take it down," it gets people excited and hopeful again.

On top of that, I probably wouldn't have heard of it if Sabat wasn't like, "Hey, kids! Nothing to see here, hahaha!" He only drew more attention to it that way. So, honestly, I think it was something purposefully done to whet our appetites for a tiny bit since they can't officially say anything yet.
I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. I personally feel that it will be announced before the end of the year.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm

I'll wait until FUNimation make an actual announcement before I jump to any conclusions.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:39 pm

I have a feeling the only reason they "accidentally" sent that picture out is because they can't announce the dub at SDCC today and they want people to know they're at least working on it. But I hope that's not true.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:45 pm

This no doubt proves they were working on Super:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:03 pm

I just think Chris is not saying anything so that they don't get in some kind of trouble before it's official. Although as one tweeted to him..."I, Vegeta, prince of all saiyans invite you the opportunity to join us in this conquest".

:d