Why hasn't the Kaioshin helped Future Trunks against Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Why hasn't the Kaioshin helped Future Trunks against Black?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:14 am

It's interesting because I'm sure out of all the humans Shin could meet, Trunks is the most relatable, as both him and Trunks have lost loved ones due to overpowered bad guys. You'd think they'd be good friends after Trunks killed Dabura and Babidi. So... where the hell is the Kaioshin?

Black has apparently murdered civilizations in other planets before, so surely the Kaioshin must have taken notice of him.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SSJ Human
Regular

Re: Why hasn't the Kaioshin helped Future Trunks against Black?

Post by SSJ Human » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:31 am

I think he knows that he isn't strong enough or maybe is just worried about getting killed.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:48 am

The same reason he knew about Frieza and was passive about it. He's a God, not a good guy. He may have not noticed it also, the Universe is vast. Kaio didn't know about Cell, it very possible the same is happening here.

The main point is that Gods are neutral unless forced into action, if Black starts destroying Worlds at the rate Boo did, I'm sure Kaioshin would intervene.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:21 am

Probably Trunks had no way to contact Kaioshin. And the universe is so vast Kaioshin may have not noticed the Goku Black problem, or may have underestimated it. Also consider that in Trunks timeline, the old Kaioshin (which seems somehow smarter than young Kaioshin) is very probably still trapped in the Z sword.

Or things may be worse... since we don't know the full story about Black, maybe Kaioshin already tried to fight him and has been defeated (maybe Black stole his time ring?). Or maybe he's even somehow involved with Black's "birth", who knows (yet).

[Partially OT]
Instead I wonder why, afer learning about the time ring, Goku has not thought about trying to locate present time Kaioshin, teleport there if in range, and ask him about a time ring.
Possible answers:
1) Goku and his friends are not smart enough (they did not even think about using dragon balls to repair time machine, after all. They could have thought about that and then said "it's not possible now, both earth and namekian Dragon Balls have been used by less than a year, so they are useless stones at the moment", that would have had SENSE. Not that Super seems to be considering "rest time" of dragon balls...)
2) A time ring used in main timeline may have brought them to main timeline's future, not to future Trunks timeline. But Trunks tried to ask for one to Beerus...
3) Writers did want the plot to follow a different path, leading us to Universe 10.
[/Partially OT]

[A little bit more of OT]
PS: If I were in Future Bulma back to the Android Saga, I would probably have tried to build a "simple" spaceship to go to Neo Namek and use their dragon balls to revive Z fighters, instead of building a time machine which would have created timeline "forks" and would not have automatically fixed her own reality. But we just have to follow what writers choose to make the plot develop....

PPS: About problems with timeline forks headaches: in "original" timeline, Goku and others died... but Beeru's prophetic dream about SSG was before the first timeline fork, right? (How many years before Android Saga did Cell's time machine arrive? How many years before BoG?). IIRC, Beerus made the dream something like 39 years before BoG... or am I wrong? So, should be common to all known timelines. So, what happened in original timeline -and in Future Trunk's timeline- when Beeru's awaken? And how's possible he did the prophetic dream at all, which became true in only one timeline out of 4 or 5 (not in the original one)?
[/A little bit more of OT]

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:21 pm

'cause this is Dragon Ball, and not Death Note.
So, many things will not be explained and coherency is not strictly mandatory, if the pace/action/hype is good.
For the same reason, not even Red Ribbon had to do something. Having gods prevent all evil will be very boring XD.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Because the Kaioshin that helped him before turns out to be Zamasu by some reason, and he won't help FT Trunks fighting his partner. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:05 pm

We really don't know what happened to the gods in the future. Maybe they tried to stop Black and he killed them all. Or also, because they don't want to interfiere, this happened before with Freeza and Bills.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:57 pm

LightBing wrote:The same reason he knew about Frieza and was passive about it. He's a God, not a good guy. He may have not noticed it also, the Universe is vast. Kaio didn't know about Cell, it very possible the same is happening here.

The main point is that Gods are neutral unless forced into action, if Black starts destroying Worlds at the rate Boo did, I'm sure Kaioshin would intervene.
Just realized that it's super weird that Beerus the God of freaking destruction had a personal relationship with King Vegeta, King Kai, and Frieza yet Kaioshin doesn't seem to have any sort of working relationship with any of them?? Like if Beerus is doing all the day to day management of lesser mortal beings what are the Kaioshin actually doing?

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:45 am

Kaioshin is a creator god, he shouldnt be involved in mortal matters. Buu was an exception because bibidi wagedbwar against the gods and started murdering them (Which begs the question where was Beerus a god entity that powerful when buu was slaughtering the Kaioshins!?).

The question isnt where is Kaioshin but where was North Kaio? North Kaio is the one in charge of this sector of the galaxy. Why didnt he resurrect Goku or Gohan for one day to help or why didnt he speak with Trunks to give him advice or get the namekians to make a wish for Trunks.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:40 am

Brettjr25 wrote:(Which begs the question where was Beerus a god entity that powerful when buu was slaughtering the Kaioshins!?).
Probably sleeping. If not, eating.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:13 am

Brettjr25 wrote:The question isnt where is Kaioshin but where was North Kaio? North Kaio is the one in charge of this sector of the galaxy. Why didnt he resurrect Goku or Gohan for one day to help or why didnt he speak with Trunks to give him advice or get the namekians to make a wish for Trunks.
North Kaio seemed to mean his own business after the battle with Freeza. He only got involved when Goku went to his planet to ask for his help on locating Namek...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Kaioshin is a GOOD guy. Therefore, he is weak. It's only the bad ones who have power. He probably can't do anything.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:04 pm

It's too early to know for sure.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:06 pm

LightBing wrote:The same reason he knew about Frieza and was passive about it. He's a God, not a good guy. He may have not noticed it also, the Universe is vast. Kaio didn't know about Cell, it very possible the same is happening here.

Didn't it say somewhere that Black has destroyed worlds? Even then so has Freeza so that doesn't automatically make him a Boo level crisis.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:53 pm

If Black has anything to do with Zamasu and the other Kaioshins, the U7 Kaioshins probably can't intervene.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Doctor. wrote:If Black has anything to do with Zamasu and the other Kaioshins, the U7 Kaioshins probably can't intervene.
I don't see why they couldn't. If anything, they should have MORE of a right to intervene if the other Kaioshin are outside their jurisdiction and causing chaos within Universe 7.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Black probably killed them.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Well let me throw this against the wall and see if it sticks.

Kaioshin are creators yes...but they aren't supposed to interfere in their work. As mentioned Buu posed a threat against the Gods. Others were threats to conquer or destroy the entire universe which I suppose was an act worth interfering over.

In the case of Black he simply despises mortals. The way of the Gods seems to be to let the mortals decide their own fate.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:31 am

out of universe - it's a plot hole

in universe - because i have no idea honestly. If beerus can deduce it's a kaioshin, then shin should know as well and should want to stop it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:11 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:out of universe - it's a plot hole

in universe - because i have no idea honestly. If beerus can deduce it's a kaioshin, then shin should know as well and should want to stop it.
It was Whis not Beerus who figured Black had similar ki to Zamasu.
And Kaioshin didn't help cause he's still on vacation after accomplishing his life goal of ridding the universe of Majin Buu.
I thought that was obvious :P