What if Goku uses Zeno's button during the fight with Black? (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kuwabara
Regular

What if Goku uses Zeno's button during the fight with Black? (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Kuwabara » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:16 am

As the thread says, what if Goku used All's button during the fight with Black? The thought crossed my mind when I wondered if All could time travel or not. Such a feat wouldn't be all that surprising, all things considered.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: What if Goku uses All's button during the fight with Black? (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:55 am

I hope the button will be destroyed somehow. I think it will be pretty lazy if Goku has to summon Zeno to beat Black.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What if Goku uses All's button during the fight with Black? (Possible Spoilers)

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:00 am

I have a feeling if it's used, it'll be by complete accident.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:40 am

I already made a thread about this.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:34 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope the button will be destroyed somehow. I think it will be pretty lazy if Goku has to summon Zeno to beat Black.
i dont think that's the point at all, if that button is pressed 17 years later, you'll see a pissed Zeno. Remember, Beerus told Goku to keep its mouth shout regarding Black.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:28 am

No matter if there is only one Zeno across all timelines, or he does have a future counterpart, I can't see Goku summoning him against Black having fortunate consequences. If there is a Future Zeno, he will not know Goku and won't be happy to be summoned, or worse, if it's the same Zeno, the guy might feel betrayed when he sees Goku breaking the law of time-travelling.

What would be cool to happen I think would be Zeno destroying Future Trunks' timeline once and for all, tying up that plot point forever. I like Future Trunks, but I am tired of seeing people wondering what happened in his timeline everytime a new story happens. Keep him alive and make him Time Kaioshin's main man, like the video games, if you aren't willing to kill him. Just no more of his timeline.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:32 am

It could go 2 ways.

He could use it in the future for some reason and it could lead to a major plot development like them finding out that Zeno stepped down years ago and who took his place doesn't like to be bothered.

Or he could use it in their timeline to get him to babysit pan or some other unfunny thing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 am

^ Maybe Pan will press it by accident, and become Zeno's friend. By having regular playdates with the highest of the gods, she will grow incredibly powerful, get god ki and SSB at a young age, and become Goku's true successor.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:^ Maybe Pan will press it by accident, and become Zeno's friend. By having regular playdates with the highest of the gods, she will grow incredibly powerful, get god ki and SSB at a young age, and become Goku's true successor.
I'd actually like to see that happen. :)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:51 pm

It'll be the best thing ever. He'll show up while Black is oogling his hair being all FABULOOOOUUUUSS! Zeno will then think he's the new pal, and accidentally break his new toy without even trying. He saves they day, they all celebrate at another barbecue, and Gohan and Goten are not invited. Neither is Trunks as young Mai accidentally lands him in jail, much to older Mai's annoyance.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!