Will Goku surpass everyone in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Will Goku surpass everyone in Super?

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:09 am

That's the plan right?? or you think no he will not surpass everyone??

If yes i can not imagine that he becomes the strongest really soon if then after 4-6 arcs or something because there are to many stronger fighters than Goku..

i am sure they will introduce more stronger fighters in the future, so is the plan of Toei/ Akira to make more arcs and of course make Goku the strongest in the future???

sintzu
Banned

Re: Will Goku surpass everyone in Super?

Post by sintzu » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 am

I think Goku will win the universal tournament so that should make him the strongest fighter but I doubt he'll surpass people like Whis and Vados.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:41 am

Goku becoming the strongest physically isn't good story.

Toei will want Super to go as long as possible as long as it sells the toys.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:47 am

Maybe? Maybe not?

I don't think there's any way to predict something like this. That being said, from the very beginning of the story, Goku has been set up to lose. And sometimes to win. But he loses pretty often. That's what makes for an interesting story (unless you go the route of One-Punch Man where the central story isn't the actual story, but the internal character emotional conflicts), because it provides room for growth.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:58 am

I can't imagine someone stronger than an immortal God, but Toriyama always finds a way to top his previous villains.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Unless Toriyama calls for it, no.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:09 pm

The series would be pretty boring if Goku was stronger than the Omni King and everyone else from Universes 1-12. Goku was never the strongest in DBZ, GT and the 13 movies. I doubt he will be the strongest in Super.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Rule #1 of every shonen ever:

There is always someone stronger.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:31 pm

As much as I want Goku to surpass literally everyone including the omni king, I doubt it.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:33 pm

He will surpass Beerus eventually, but think he will stop there. Perhaps he will get close to the power of Whis. But who knows really. Anything is possible.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:53 pm

At the very best, I REALLY want Goku (and Vegeta) to at least surpass Beerus. MAYBE Whis, but I definitely don't see THAT happening in comparison to Beerus.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:10 pm

If the story calls for Goku surpassing the Hakaishin, I'd like for the "scale" to change. Focus on fighters combining their form with otherworldly abilities to overcome. Explore universes with alien environments, as briefly touched with planets possessing amplified gravity. We got a taste of that with Hit and he still has unknown techniques. There's also an evolved Salad sitting around, fresh for "new rules". It would be cool to reinvigorate the magical side of Dragon Ball further. It's also a satisfactory method to keep Goku learning, as there's always something new in martial arts.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Initially I was inclined to believe he would surpass everyone including Whis, although I'm starting to doubt that and feel he may surpass Beerus at least.

As for my personal preference I'm going to say no, and I say that for the same reason I don't want to see the final villain of Super be defeated by a Genki Dama. At this rate the Black arc and remainder of Super could be on par with DBZ if the animation remains as it is now and TOEI steers clear of any kind of generic story resolutions.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:53 pm

In the near Future I could see Goku surpassing Beerus. Who knows? This is the Goku and Vegeta show so maybe the strongest character in the series will be some form of Vegetto/Gogeta. That's the way it was in Z at least.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:05 pm

sintzu wrote:I think Goku will win the universal tournament so that should make him the strongest fighter but I doubt he'll surpass people like Whis and Vados.
Since when has the tournament been stated to be a single person tournament. It will surely be a team tournament.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:54 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:I think Goku will win the universal tournament so that should make him the strongest fighter but I doubt he'll surpass people like Whis and Vados.
Since when has the tournament been stated to be a single person tournament. It will surely be a team tournament.
We don't know how the tournament is going to be, It could be like the Tenkaichi Budokai (Yes please), or how the recent one was.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:05 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
I know but I'm hoping Goku will somehow win it cause he'll finally become the strongest fighter of all time which has been his dream since the original dragon ball.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:31 am

Goku and Vegeta acknowledged their limits were close to being realied prior to the U6 tournament arc. If this established reference point carries enough meaning to compel the writers in maintaining it then Goku will have to find some alternative means of increasing power such as the Kaioken or newly improvised techniques as mentioned previously. Vegeta has no such luxury, though.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:39 am

Helios518 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
We don't know how the tournament is going to be, It could be like the Tenkaichi Budokai (Yes please), or how the recent one was.
It does seem to be implied that it a team tournament. However, I want it to be a different format so every team member has equal value in the team so that no team can rely on only 1 or 2 members if it is a 5 man team.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:43 am

KoA will promote Goku with a proper God status. He will be the God of Gods.