Future Trunks' new form!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
hold3n
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Future Trunks' new form!

Post by hold3n » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:25 am

What form do you think Future Trunks achieved in DBS episode 61? The legendary super saiyan form, super saiyan blue 2, super saiyan blue for half-breeds, or an entirely new transformation? Put what you think below.

Personally, I think it is super saiyan two with god ki, but I would love to hear you're guys' opinions.
*random dragon ball shit*

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:45 am

SSGSS for half breeds is what I'm guessing or an untrained raw version of SSGSS if it is indeed a new/semi form and not an abnormal version of SS2 (which it most probably is since episode summaries have referred to it as Super Trunks).

User avatar
Saturnine
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Saturnine » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:57 am

It's really weird. I'm guessing this is the equivalent of Trunks' powered up SSj2 form from the manga. If not, we'll have to keep watching and find out.

What if they call it Super Saiyan 4? Now that would be funny.

User avatar
hold3n
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by hold3n » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:02 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SSGSS for half breeds is what I'm guessing or an untrained raw version of SSGSS if it is indeed a new/semi form and not an abnormal version of SS2 (which it most probably is since episode summaries have referred to it as Super Trunks).

I know it's definitely not LSSJ, because the blue aura around him signifies that he has at least somehow tapped into god ki. I think your theory on a raw SSGSS would make sense, but from a storytelling standpoint it would be dumb to introduce a new transformation only for it to be weaker than SSB. Then again, if it's Legendary Super Saiyan Blue than I would be hyped as hell.
*random dragon ball shit*

User avatar
hold3n
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by hold3n » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:04 am

Saturnine wrote:It's really weird. I'm guessing this is the equivalent of Trunks' powered up SSj2 form from the manga. If not, we'll have to keep watching and find out.

What if they call it Super Saiyan 4? Now that would be funny.
Can you give me a link to a translated manga page where he goes powered up SSJ2, because I haven't heard of it.
*random dragon ball shit*

User avatar
Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:09 am

There should be a new SSJ4.
This could be it or maybe a Fake SSB (like Fake SSJ)
I made a bet with kinisking that Vegeta will be beated by an enemy quickly. If I lose, I chance my pic to Vegeta holding Black by the hair. If I win, he changes his pic to Vegeta being beated by Hit. It will last one month

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 am

They're not going to call it SS4 because the actual SS4 still makes them tons of money, if they wanted to replace it for whatever reason, it would've happened in BoG with the introduction of God.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Saturnine
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Saturnine » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 am

hold3n wrote:
Saturnine wrote:It's really weird. I'm guessing this is the equivalent of Trunks' powered up SSj2 form from the manga. If not, we'll have to keep watching and find out.

What if they call it Super Saiyan 4? Now that would be funny.
Can you give me a link to a translated manga page where he goes powered up SSJ2, because I haven't heard of it.
{Link to illegal scanlation site removed by moderator.}
This page and the next one.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:25 am

ekrolo2 wrote:They're not going to call it SS4 because the actual SS4 still makes them tons of money, if they wanted to replace it for whatever reason, it would've happened in BoG with the introduction of God.
Yup they've got two big SS4 figures coming soon would be dumb if they over writ SS4.
hold3n wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SSGSS for half breeds is what I'm guessing or an untrained raw version of SSGSS if it is indeed a new/semi form and not an abnormal version of SS2 (which it most probably is since episode summaries have referred to it as Super Trunks).

I know it's definitely not LSSJ, because the blue aura around him signifies that he has at least somehow tapped into god ki. I think your theory on a raw SSGSS would make sense, but from a storytelling standpoint it would be dumb to introduce a new transformation only for it to be weaker than SSB. Then again, if it's Legendary Super Saiyan Blue than I would be hyped as hell.
I don't think it's dumb it's just essentially a way to have Trunks keep up with Black and co until Goku and Vegeta get healed. Hm just looking at the NEP again the form auraless looks like an abnormal version of SS2. At the end of the day it looks cool as hell so I'm not fussed what it ends up being! :)

User avatar
hold3n
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by hold3n » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:48 am

Saturnine wrote:
hold3n wrote:
Saturnine wrote:It's really weird. I'm guessing this is the equivalent of Trunks' powered up SSj2 form from the manga. If not, we'll have to keep watching and find out.

What if they call it Super Saiyan 4? Now that would be funny.
Can you give me a link to a translated manga page where he goes powered up SSJ2, because I haven't heard of it.

{Link to illegal scanlation site removed by moderator.}
This page and the next one.
If that's what you're talking about than I doubt that that is what Trunk's new form is. The manga form just looks like SSJ2 (Spikier hair than SSJ, Lightning, ext.), it didn't have any other features to indicate that it is anything stronger than a regular SSJ2. The one in the anime had an extra aura and no pupils - two features that can also be expressed in the black-and-white manga format.
*random dragon ball shit*

User avatar
Saturnine
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Saturnine » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:13 am

hold3n wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
hold3n wrote:
Can you give me a link to a translated manga page where he goes powered up SSJ2, because I haven't heard of it.

{Link to illegal scanlation site removed by moderator.}
This page and the next one.
If that's what you're talking about than I doubt that that is what Trunk's new form is. The manga form just looks like SSJ2 (Spikier hair than SSJ, Lightning, ext.), it didn't have any other features to indicate that it is anything stronger than a regular SSJ2. The one in the anime had an extra aura and no pupils - two features that can also be expressed in the black-and-white manga format.
Yeah I'm not saying it's the same form, only that it's functionally equivalent. Maybe. Manga Trunks can power up almost to SSj3 levels in SSj2, but he can also be at the regular SSj2 level (2x SSj according to the SEG, which I don't really buy but that's beside the point)

User avatar
Draconic
I Live Here
Posts: 2013
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Draconic » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:34 am

The aura is reminding me of this part of the God ritual.
https://youtu.be/BmgsaVzr7b0?t=2m4s
English is not my first language !

My breakdown of the new and old transformations. Hope to update it soon with many others!

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Alruneia » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:46 am

Personally, I disagree with the sentiment that it has anything to do with divine energy until it's proven to be the case. An aura colour isn't enough evidence for me to believe that Super Saiyan God or Blue is involved.
What I think this is is that it's Trunks' equivalent of the "MY BULMA!!" form. Super Saiyan 2 and no pupils? Check, this was the case for Vegeta as well. Aura? Pretty damn different, I know. Strength increase? Similar. Future Trunks is much stronger than Vegeta was in BoG. Vegeta jumped up to several per cent of Beerus' power, and Future Trunks is now jumping up to significant portions of Black's power.
It might just get cleared up next episode anyway.

Also, since I dubbed the SSJ2 Trunks that was on par with SSJ3 Goku (manga) "Hella Trunks", I'm naming this new form "Mondo Trunks", since he's mondo powerful. :P
Current avatar: DBU Bulla
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Dragon Ball Ultimate (fanfic) progress: 69 out of 150 chapters complete

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
(I'm just gonna start working on chapters 12-18...)

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:55 am

It was pretty clear Trunk's new form is supposed to be him tapping into God ki by the blue liquid aura and exceptional power boost..
Unless I am missing something this new form of trunks when trained will turn into true God form..
It's obvious this cannot stay a form as forms have auraless times and this without aura will look just a regular super saiyan
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

buutenks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:42 am

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by buutenks » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:09 pm

When Trunks transformed, his body bulked up similar to grade 3, then at the end it compressed to normal size. On top of that his hair became bigger and his mass increased.

So i dont think it has anything to do with god ki or ssj blue. Just a hybrid transformation between his fpssj2 and his grade 3.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by jplaya2023 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:24 pm

think of this form as goku's gigi ssj form in the lord slug movie. Yes that is non canon but it's the same concept. Goku wasn't strong enough to go ssj yet so he went half way there and had the aura and dilated eyes but did not have the strength to reach it. Trunks isn't strong enough to reach ssj blue yet so he augments it using ssj ki with blue aura


http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/135504 ... goku-o.gif

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20964
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:42 pm

I think it's just like Vegeta's "mutated" SSJ1/2 form in Battle Of Gods (Film and Super). He doesn't have Godly ki in at all, he's just monstrously strong enough to break through the barrier that prevents mortal for doing any serious damage to Godly ki users.

User avatar
KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by KayDash » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:56 pm

I think it's neither a different SSJ3, a "semi-godly SSJ2" or a "Grade 2/3 SSJ2", but I think I have a good guess:
If by any chance you saw Hunter x Hunter, and the chimera ant saga, you can tell which kind of transformation wasn't really present (besides Kaioken) for the saiyans yet. There wasn't any transformation so far that consumed their life force permanently, and I think that's what happens here. Trunks says that he gonna take down Black, even if both of them die, so he literally sacrifices his life force to have a strong power up against the two Zamasus. When Goku returns back he probably won't be able to save him with the senzus, because senzus can cure your body, but won't save you from 'natural' death.
Trunks will be the first major character who dies in this arc. (at least temporarely)

User avatar
Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Smilodon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:21 pm

It's a ULSSJGB + Brolly shape...To be honest, that was ridiculous!

How in hell can Trunks (who saw his mother and his woman die in front of Black) didn't power up, but after 1 day training with Vegeta SSJB he can reach that level?
And...Why they created a divine level and after this anyone can surpass that level easily (Vegeta said that Kyabe could reach that level (probably without the ritual) and Trunks did reached that level only in his SSJ form, and now he surpassed)?

I really think the good part of DBS was only the tournament...
Other thing....How can Black be that Zamasu who was defeated by Goku? Goku only fought Zamasu because Black showed up first and Whis felt the Ki was possibly from Zamasu!

It's getting worse than DBGT!
Vados San is my Waifu! 8)

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Sodhi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:27 pm

He had to snap eventually. Once they were both blaming him for all this, he snapped. Those motivations and development he got in the present seems to be really working.

Post Reply