Future Trunks' new form!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TekTheNinja
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm
Location: The realm of annoyance.

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:54 am

Abra kadabra wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I aint buying that name and how its gained, through intense rage? there were tons of characters that went through intense rage, far worst than Trunks did, fcking Goku that doesnt even get pissed till you push him to the limit of his feelings didnt get that form when Black and Zamasu enjoyed the hell of telling him how they killed of his alternate self and his family, Vegeta that learned in Boo saga that everyone got turned into candy Bulma in it and after running away from Boo via IT witnessed Trunks getting blown to space dust didnt get that, so why the fck does Future Trunks get it? simple, for plot reasons, they needed to pull a stunt like this so that he can be relevant through this arc, fck this shit man :lol: one of the worst asspulls in DB history.
That's a lie. Maybe it's dragon ball super's art style that didn't convey it to you. But no one else in the show has more of a right to be the angrier than him after what his been through. Since you obviously weren't following the plot through trunks experience or just don't care about him, the rest of your post can easily be disregarded as bias inanity
The problem is that he arbitrarily got the form when he did even though the time he should have gotten it was when he thought Mai died IMMEDIATELY AFTER witnessing his mom die. At that point his rage should have peaked and he wouldn't have even needed Goku and Vegeta.
-A bitter fan of the human characters of Dragon Ball.
Chris Sabat wrote:#YamchaForever
saiyanvegetable wrote:Trunks slowly realizes this is not the past he came to when he fought Cell, instead he finds himself trapped in a world with hollow caricatures, a talking cat, and a Goku who beat the heart virus but is suffering from retardation.

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Abra kadabra » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I aint buying that name and how its gained, through intense rage? there were tons of characters that went through intense rage, far worst than Trunks did, fcking Goku that doesnt even get pissed till you push him to the limit of his feelings didnt get that form when Black and Zamasu enjoyed the hell of telling him how they killed of his alternate self and his family, Vegeta that learned in Boo saga that everyone got turned into candy Bulma in it and after running away from Boo via IT witnessed Trunks getting blown to space dust didnt get that, so why the fck does Future Trunks get it? simple, for plot reasons, they needed to pull a stunt like this so that he can be relevant through this arc, fck this shit man :lol: one of the worst asspulls in DB history.
That's a lie. Maybe it's dragon ball super's art style that didn't convey it to you. But no one else in the show has more of a right to be the angrier than him after what his been through. Since you obviously weren't following the plot through trunks experience or just don't care about him, the rest of your post can easily be disregarded as bias inanity
The problem is that he arbitrarily got the form when he did even though the time he should have gotten it was when he thought Mai died IMMEDIATELY AFTER witnessing his mom die. At that point his rage should have peaked and he wouldn't have even needed Goku and Vegeta.
Trunks is a level headed character that thinks before he fights. They worked really hard for a year gathering fuel. His mother told him to complete the mission before she died. So did Mai when she "died". He isn't goku or vegeta and he wasn't gonna throw away their sacrifices. When zamasu and black blamed him for the death of everyone and it looked like the mission failed, that was the straw that broke the camels back. Better than stepping on a random Androids head. Vegeta became stronger than SSJ3 goku after bulma was slapped. It's just the god ki part I need explained. I actually need god ki in general explained more than it has been.

User avatar
dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:29 am

Abra kadabra wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote: That's a lie. Maybe it's dragon ball super's art style that didn't convey it to you. But no one else in the show has more of a right to be the angrier than him after what his been through. Since you obviously weren't following the plot through trunks experience or just don't care about him, the rest of your post can easily be disregarded as bias inanity
The problem is that he arbitrarily got the form when he did even though the time he should have gotten it was when he thought Mai died IMMEDIATELY AFTER witnessing his mom die. At that point his rage should have peaked and he wouldn't have even needed Goku and Vegeta.
Trunks is a level headed character that thinks before he fights. They worked really hard for a year gathering fuel. His mother told him to complete the mission before she died. So did Mai when she "died". He isn't goku or vegeta and he wasn't gonna throw away their sacrifices. When zamasu and black blamed him for the death of everyone and it looked like the mission failed, that was the straw that broke the camels back. Better than stepping on a random Androids head. Vegeta became stronger than SSJ3 goku after bulma was slapped. It's just the god ki part I need explained. I actually need god ki in general explained more than it has been.
I agree, Trunks deserved the transformation and it made sense that he would get it triggered by rage (just like almost every transformation except for the Ozaru and ssj 4) what doesn't make sense is that there's nothing explained.
With Gohan we got that it was his full potential, with the first ssj we got that it was a legend becoming real and ssj 3, well it didn't had a proper explanation as well but we knew that Goku trained for 7 years in the other world so hell why not?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:


dbgtFO wrote:

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:09 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:The problem is that he arbitrarily got the form when he did even though the time he should have gotten it was when he thought Mai died IMMEDIATELY AFTER witnessing his mom die. At that point his rage should have peaked and he wouldn't have even needed Goku and Vegeta.


Now that I have thought about over time, it makes sense that Trunks unlocked this new form via rage. Think about it, when Goku Black and Future Zamasu were saying that if it weren't for Trunks's time traveling sin, Zamasu wouldn't have desired Goku's body and thus becoming Goku Black. Even Black said himself that the Earthings that were killed might as well have been killed by Trunks. Think about it, Trunks traveled back in time to save lives only for it to only haunt him in the end when he discovers that his doings were considered sins all along which lead to the death of many innocent lives in Trunks's world, including his mother's own death and nearly almost the remaining humans. You can tell that he carried a huge burden to save everyone only for it to cause more lives to be taken. If you or anybody was in the same position as Trunks, you'd definitely go berserk.

User avatar
ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Abra kadabra wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I aint buying that name and how its gained, through intense rage? there were tons of characters that went through intense rage, far worst than Trunks did, fcking Goku that doesnt even get pissed till you push him to the limit of his feelings didnt get that form when Black and Zamasu enjoyed the hell of telling him how they killed of his alternate self and his family, Vegeta that learned in Boo saga that everyone got turned into candy Bulma in it and after running away from Boo via IT witnessed Trunks getting blown to space dust didnt get that, so why the fck does Future Trunks get it? simple, for plot reasons, they needed to pull a stunt like this so that he can be relevant through this arc, fck this shit man :lol: one of the worst asspulls in DB history.
That's a lie. Maybe it's dragon ball super's art style that didn't convey it to you. But no one else in the show has more of a right to be angrier than him after what his been through. Since you obviously weren't following the plot through trunks experience or just don't care about him, the rest of your post can easily be disregarded as bias inanity
Whether or not other characters in the entirety of Dragon Ball went through more intense rage, there is no need to respond to him like that. I'm not a moderator or anything, but talking like that to someone is uncalled for. Come on, man, that is not what we are about here. Try to foster a community of respecting others' opinions and not sarcastic comebacks.

Moving on though, I still believe that Rage is a weird reason to achieve this form. It has some essence of Blue God Ki, which was stated that perfect ki control helped unlock it. There had to have been some reason he got blue because Trunks never perfected ki control like Goku and Vegeta did with Whis. Unless this is SSB for half-breeds and is triggered by rage? :think:

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:11 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote: Moving on though, I still believe that Rage is a weird reason to achieve this form. It has some essence of Blue God Ki, which was stated that perfect ki control helped unlock it. There had to have been some reason he got blue because Trunks never perfected ki control like Goku and Vegeta did with Whis. Unless this is SSB for half-breeds and is triggered by rage? :think:
I don't think anyone has said it was God Ki Trunks was using, have they? It could have just been blue ki. We've seen blue ki before.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:33 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Moving on though, I still believe that Rage is a weird reason to achieve this form. It has some essence of Blue God Ki, which was stated that perfect ki control helped unlock it. There had to have been some reason he got blue because Trunks never perfected ki control like Goku and Vegeta did with Whis. Unless this is SSB for half-breeds and is triggered by rage?
Except no where in the show does it even state that nor imply that Trunks tapped into God ki. That blue aura inside of Trunks's gold aura may have been something that Toei added in order to make the form look "FRIGGIN BADASS!!!" Many peoprl are just making baseless speculations about Trunks having God ki because of the blue aura which is just overthinking it.

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Kishido » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:Moving on though, I still believe that Rage is a weird reason to achieve this form. It has some essence of Blue God Ki, which was stated that perfect ki control helped unlock it. There had to have been some reason he got blue because Trunks never perfected ki control like Goku and Vegeta did with Whis. Unless this is SSB for half-breeds and is triggered by rage?
Except no where in the show does it even state that nor imply that Trunks tapped into God ki. That blue aura inside of Trunks's gold aura may have been something that Toei added in order to make the form look "FRIGGIN BADASS!!!" Many peoprl are just making baseless speculations about Trunks having God ki because of the blue aura which is just overthinking it.
And what are you saying about the fact that Trunks suddenly is able to feel god ki in form of Vegito?

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Kishido wrote:And what are you saying about the fact that Trunks suddenly is able to feel god ki in form of Vegito?
There's always the fact that Golden Freeza once sensed SSJB Goku in EP 25 which Freeza didn't have God ki since he can be sensed by other Z Fighters. Vegeta in his base form alone without using any God ki and sense that Whis was returning in EP 18. Then Future Trunks, who is now god tier, can sense SSJB Vegetto in his base. This implies that one must reach a certain level in order to sense God ki and does not need to have God ki in order to sense other deities.

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Kishido » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Kishido wrote:And what are you saying about the fact that Trunks suddenly is able to feel god ki in form of Vegito?
There's always the fact that Golden Freeza once sensed SSJB Goku in EP 25 which Freeza didn't have God ki since he can be sensed by other Z Fighters. Vegeta in his base form alone without using any God ki and sense that Whis was returning in EP 18. Then Future Trunks, who is now god tier, can sense SSJB Vegetto in his base. This implies that one must reach a certain level in order to sense God ki and does not need to have God ki in order to sense other deities.
Yeah of course...

So Blue Ki aura is just for looking cool. Everything else is explained by Kanzenshuu... Why even making it blue knowing that people will say it is god ki where a form is named after

User avatar
ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Kishido wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Kishido wrote:And what are you saying about the fact that Trunks suddenly is able to feel god ki in form of Vegito?
There's always the fact that Golden Freeza once sensed SSJB Goku in EP 25 which Freeza didn't have God ki since he can be sensed by other Z Fighters. Vegeta in his base form alone without using any God ki and sense that Whis was returning in EP 18. Then Future Trunks, who is now god tier, can sense SSJB Vegetto in his base. This implies that one must reach a certain level in order to sense God ki and does not need to have God ki in order to sense other deities.
Yeah of course...

So Blue Ki aura is just for looking cool. Everything else is explained by Kanzenshuu... Why even making it blue knowing that people will say it is god ki where a form is named after

Whis states that there is a level for sensing God Ki, which Super Saiyan Rage Trunks, Golden Frieza, and SBG Vegeta all can do and must have passed. This level seems to only be for Mortals though, since Dende, Old Kai, Kibito Kai, and North Kai can sense Beerus. These four are far below Golden Frieza tier, and Kibito Kai states in DBS Ep. 3 or 4 that only Gods can sense Beerus.

So we know that all Gods can always sense God Ki, and that Mortals have a level around Base Vegeta Ep. 18 for sensing God Ki. This sadly doesn't tell us anything about how to get God Ki. We've only seen Saiyans get God Ki in SSB and SSG.

With all that being said, DBSuper is very clear that blue ki with the wavy little spheres means God Ki. It isn't God Ki in the sense that it is from the SSGod ritual, but it is God Ki just like SSB. Saying Super Saiyan Rage Trunks does not have some God Ki in it is ridiculous.
Last edited by ChiefWamsutta on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Kishido wrote:Why even making it blue knowing that people will say it is god ki where a form is named after


Because people are overly speculative fans that form their own headcanons without any concrete or sound evidence. They act as if blue ki automatically confirms that one has God ki. Might as well say Freeza back on Namek had God ki since his aura was blue.

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Kishido » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Kishido wrote:Why even making it blue knowing that people will say it is god ki where a form is named after


Because people are overly speculative fans that form their own headcanons without any concrete or sound evidence. They act as if blue ki automatically confirms that one has God ki. Might as well say Freeza back on Namek had God ki since his aura was blue.
This example makes no sense... but well let it be and let us end the discussion between us

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Kishido » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Kishido wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Kishido wrote:Why even making it blue knowing that people will say it is god ki where a form is named after


Because people are overly speculative fans that form their own headcanons without any concrete or sound evidence. They act as if blue ki automatically confirms that one has God ki. Might as well say Freeza back on Namek had God ki since his aura was blue.
This comparison makes no sense... but well let it be and let us end the discussion between us

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Kishido wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Kishido wrote:Why even making it blue knowing that people will say it is god ki where a form is named after


Because people are overly speculative fans that form their own headcanons without any concrete or sound evidence. They act as if blue ki automatically confirms that one has God ki. Might as well say Freeza back on Namek had God ki since his aura was blue.
This example makes no sense... but well let it be and let us end the discussion between us
You are just saying it makes no sense and you make no attempt to try to elaborate. Not trying to come across as a dick here, but that's quite fishy to me.

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Future Trunks' new form!

Post by Kishido » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:

Because people are overly speculative fans that form their own headcanons without any concrete or sound evidence. They act as if blue ki automatically confirms that one has God ki. Might as well say Freeza back on Namek had God ki since his aura was blue.
This example makes no sense... but well let it be and let us end the discussion between us
You are just saying it makes no sense and you make no attempt to try to elaborate. Not trying to come across as a dick here, but that's quite fishy to me.
You are right my bad... sorry

User avatar
Xyex
I Live Here
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:15 am
Location: The 7th moon of nowhere, right-side of forever
Contact:

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Xyex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Smilodon wrote:It's a ULSSJGB + Brolly shape...To be honest, that was ridiculous!

How in hell can Trunks (who saw his mother and his woman die in front of Black) didn't power up, but after 1 day training with Vegeta SSJB he can reach that level?
And...Why they created a divine level and after this anyone can surpass that level easily (Vegeta said that Kyabe could reach that level (probably without the ritual) and Trunks did reached that level only in his SSJ form, and now he surpassed)?

I really think the good part of DBS was only the tournament...
Other thing....How can Black be that Zamasu who was defeated by Goku? Goku only fought Zamasu because Black showed up first and Whis felt the Ki was possibly from Zamasu!

It's getting worse than DBGT!
You just hit on the one thing about the Black arc that annoys the hell out of me. Zamasu only took Goku's body because of their encounter, which only happened because Trunks traveled to the past to get help with Black. It's completely circular, a closed causal loop, which would work in another series but not in Dragon Ball where the workings of time travel have already been revealed. The origins of Goku Black litterally do not work within the established rules of time travel within the Dragon Ball universe.

As for Trunks and his form, I figure it's like this: Saiyans are incredibly good at learning things just from seeing it a few times. Like how Goku picked up the Kamehameha insanely fast, or Vegeta learned how to sense ki and to supress it. So Trunks, being around Goku and Vegeta and seeing SSB several times, picked up some of how the transformation worked and, when he needed more power, instinctively used what he'd so far learned to sort of go SSB, but not quite. I actually like the term I saw someone over on Gamefaqs use "Super Saiyan Demigod" as it's not quite a god form, but it's more than just normal Super Saiyan.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

User avatar
ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:17 am

Xyex wrote: It's completely circular, a closed causal loop, which would work in another series but not in Dragon Ball where the workings of time travel have already been revealed. The origins of Goku Black litterally do not work within the established rules of time travel within the Dragon Ball universe.

I actually like the term I saw someone over on Gamefaqs use "Super Saiyan Demigod" as it's not quite a god form, but it's more than just normal Super Saiyan.
I see the Goku Black causal loop differently than some people, but that is besides my point. I'm curious as to how you see his creation play out time-travel-wise.

Yeah, I used to call it Super Saiyan Demigod, but now we can't since it's Super Saiyan Rage ... sigh.

User avatar
Xyex
I Live Here
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:15 am
Location: The 7th moon of nowhere, right-side of forever
Contact:

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Xyex » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:21 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Xyex wrote: It's completely circular, a closed causal loop, which would work in another series but not in Dragon Ball where the workings of time travel have already been revealed. The origins of Goku Black litterally do not work within the established rules of time travel within the Dragon Ball universe.

I actually like the term I saw someone over on Gamefaqs use "Super Saiyan Demigod" as it's not quite a god form, but it's more than just normal Super Saiyan.
I see the Goku Black causal loop differently than some people, but that is besides my point. I'm curious as to how you see his creation play out time-travel-wise.

Yeah, I used to call it Super Saiyan Demigod, but now we can't since it's Super Saiyan Rage ... sigh.
I can't see any logical way it could play out, given how time travel works in Dragon Ball. If Goku had met him before Trunks came back in time, for some reason unrelated to Black, it would make sense. As it stands, though, it's just not a possible series of events. It's pretty clear his origins weren't really thought out in the context of the series and they just made-up whatever sounded cool.

As for Super Saiyan Rage, that's only for Heroes so far, and how much of Heroes is actually accepted as canon?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by Kishido » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:22 am

Xyex wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Xyex wrote: It's completely circular, a closed causal loop, which would work in another series but not in Dragon Ball where the workings of time travel have already been revealed. The origins of Goku Black litterally do not work within the established rules of time travel within the Dragon Ball universe.

I actually like the term I saw someone over on Gamefaqs use "Super Saiyan Demigod" as it's not quite a god form, but it's more than just normal Super Saiyan.
I see the Goku Black causal loop differently than some people, but that is besides my point. I'm curious as to how you see his creation play out time-travel-wise.

Yeah, I used to call it Super Saiyan Demigod, but now we can't since it's Super Saiyan Rage ... sigh.
I can't see any logical way it could play out, given how time travel works in Dragon Ball. If Goku had met him before Trunks came back in time, for some reason unrelated to Black, it would make sense. As it stands, though, it's just not a possible series of events. It's pretty clear his origins weren't really thought out in the context of the series and they just made-up whatever sounded cool.

As for Super Saiyan Rage, that's only for Heroes so far, and how much of Heroes is actually accepted as canon?
Heroes is the only one who gave it a name... And ask the 2 base theory fans how much they take it

Post Reply