Future Trunks' new form!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Future Trunk's new form!

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Super Saiyan Yellow, or Super Saiyan Mortal-God Super Saiyan. (SSMGSS)

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Trunks's new form is how SSjBlue should look like all along (and SSjGod should look like that too, except with base form surrounded by a red aura), but alas.

I have no idea what to say. He reminded me of enraged Vegeta vs Beerus in BoG arc (and sort of reminded me of Broly too...), and knowing how powerful he is, it can be a similar type of boost. As for the blue aura... It should be godly ki but it doesn't make sense, unless Vegeta and Trunks trained in the RoSaT off-screen? Or is he just able to tap into a "bit" of god ki?
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Smilodon wrote:Other thing....How can Black be that Zamasu who was defeated by Goku? Goku only fought Zamasu because Black showed up first and Whis felt the Ki was possibly from Zamasu!

It's getting worse than DBGT!
Trying to understand this as well. It all started with Trunks going into the future first to warn Goku of the heart disease that killed him in the first alternate universe. Try going from there to make sense of it all? Didn't Cell kill Trunks and took his machine to go back and forth in tI'm as well? I mean at this point we have multiple alt universes lol

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Am i the only one that thinks that this is more like a rage boost than a transformation?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Smilodon wrote:It's a ULSSJGB + Brolly shape...To be honest, that was ridiculous!

How in hell can Trunks (who saw his mother and his woman die in front of Black) didn't power up, but after 1 day training with Vegeta SSJB he can reach that level?
And...Why they created a divine level and after this anyone can surpass that level easily (Vegeta said that Kyabe could reach that level (probably without the ritual) and Trunks did reached that level only in his SSJ form, and now he surpassed)?

I really think the good part of DBS was only the tournament...
Other thing....How can Black be that Zamasu who was defeated by Goku? Goku only fought Zamasu because Black showed up first and Whis felt the Ki was possibly from Zamasu!

It's getting worse than DBGT!
Honestly, Trunks had this rage boost for the sake of the plot and about this level being surpassed so easily....... well look back at Z with Goten and Trunks, and hell even the androids.

It seems like Black cames from a timeline were Goku fought him (for whatever reason) and where Trunks didn't went back in time to warned the Z gang.

I think that it's the first timeline saved by Trunks before going back to the future and encountering Cell. If in that timeline Goku met Beerus, the events from super could still happen with the difference that Goku wouldn't have died until Zamasu appeared.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:02 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:Am i the only one that thinks that this is more like a rage boost than a transformation?
I think it's both. I mean, this is a form that I've never seen Future Trunks take before.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:33 pm

IF it is indeed God ki, I would love to know how he got it. We already have that weird explanation of vegeta just training for it. Would trunks be able to get it just from surrounding himself with God ki users? In which case it would sound like God Ki is contagious.

Either way, the rage was really cool and the voice actor really sells it. I almost don't care if we get an explanation. Almost.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:47 pm

Rage boost with a little bit of God ki.

It's like a half SSB transformation.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:22 pm

Avok wrote:Rage boost with a little bit of God ki.

It's like a half SSB transformation.
It's stronger than SSB

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Know what pisses Trunks off more than murdering his mother, killing his gf, and laying waste to his planet? Criticizing his time traveling. Don't ever press the time travel button.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Super Saiyan Semigod
Pre SSB
Pre SSG
Fake SSB
Furious SSJ
HIdden SSB
It's funny trying to guess the name. I hope the characters are giving it a name next episode.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:06 am

I don't think is a godly transformation, even though that blue aura makes me wonder. I just think is a rage boost. In the translations for the next episode they say "Super Trunks", so I think that's how it will go. Every arc had one moment with a weird transformation/power-up like this so far.

BoG - Raging Vegeta vs Beerus
RoF - Gohan SSJ after Piccolo's death
U6 Tournament - Goku SSJB Kaioken x10
Black & Zamas - "Super Trunks"

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:51 am

KayDash wrote:I think it's neither a different SSJ3, a "semi-godly SSJ2" or a "Grade 2/3 SSJ2", but I think I have a good guess:
If by any chance you saw Hunter x Hunter, and the chimera ant saga, you can tell which kind of transformation wasn't really present (besides Kaioken) for the saiyans yet. There wasn't any transformation so far that consumed their life force permanently, and I think that's what happens here. Trunks says that he gonna take down Black, even if both of them die, so he literally sacrifices his life force to have a strong power up against the two Zamasus. When Goku returns back he probably won't be able to save him with the senzus, because senzus can cure your body, but won't save you from 'natural' death.
Trunks will be the first major character who dies in this arc. (at least temporarely)
Yeah I'd love this! Whilst watching the episode I mentioned it to my better half, and we both agreed that it would be interesting. Gons transformation was quite cool because of how different it was.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 am

Why is everybody only mentioning Trunks's Pupils and aura when his hair and muscle mass also changed it kinda looks like a cross of ssj and ssj2.
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:28 am

I think it's some kind of bridge between SSJ2 and SSJ Blue form. Something in-between. Maybe Vegeta also took this form sometime before reaching SSJB? Or maybe it's some kind of equivalent of SSJ God without doing a ritual stuff?? We have to wait to get the answer ;)

What's more interesting to me, is that we can assume now that SSJ3 is kind of unnecessary 'extra' SSJ3 transformation, like for eg ASSJ, USSJ or even LSSJ. I mean, u don't need to transform into USSJ to get SSJ2 later. It's just SSJ1 extension. I think the same is with SSJ3. Both mana and anime have already showed that well trained SSJ2 can reach or even surpass SSJ3-power level and doesn't have this disadvantages of SSJ3. Vegeta SSJ2 vs Beerus, later Trunks SSJ2 vs Goku (in manga) where it's said that his SSJ2 is equal or even more powerful than Goku's SSJ3. Also Gohan went Mystic (I know it's a totally different case) and were much stronger than SSJ3.
Plus, in GT Vegeta went SSJ4 without SSJ3, so I think we can really assume that SSJ3 is the "USSJ" type of transformation. It's not actually the next level in Saiyan's transformation chain, but it's just extension (addition?) to SSJ2.

And Trunks' new form can be just the level between SSJ2 and Blue without going SSJ God. It's really possible that Vegeta had this before SSJ Blue. Who knows? Guess we have to wait at least one week to find out ; ))

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:29 am

My guess right now is Trunks' new form is an alternate Super Saiyan Blue by achieving it through being enraged. During Goku and Vegeta's training Whis, they first had the Blue power by being relaxed, and presumably fully achieved the form through the same method as well. Toriyama's reason for giving Goku and Vegeta's hair as blue is to make them look tranquil as well.

Trunks' form is different, he has a ferocious look with the Broli-like eyes and spiky hair, and seemingly achieved the form by getting angry. But he apparently have the Super Saiyan Blue aura, which Zamasu describes as divine Ki just by seeing it on Kamitube, so Trunks' form is probably a god form as well. Him being exposed to Goku and Vegeta's god form probably help him achieve that form as well.

I'm optimistic that we will have an explanation next week. And about the name, I'll call it "Super Trunks" since that's the name the summaries gave, unless they will give us another name for it next week.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:08 am

If only he would've went SSJ3 with that blue aura outlined by SSJ aura, that would've been cool.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:30 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:
KayDash wrote:I think it's neither a different SSJ3, a "semi-godly SSJ2" or a "Grade 2/3 SSJ2", but I think I have a good guess:
If by any chance you saw Hunter x Hunter, and the chimera ant saga, you can tell which kind of transformation wasn't really present (besides Kaioken) for the saiyans yet. There wasn't any transformation so far that consumed their life force permanently, and I think that's what happens here. Trunks says that he gonna take down Black, even if both of them die, so he literally sacrifices his life force to have a strong power up against the two Zamasus. When Goku returns back he probably won't be able to save him with the senzus, because senzus can cure your body, but won't save you from 'natural' death.
Trunks will be the first major character who dies in this arc. (at least temporarely)
Yeah I'd love this! Whilst watching the episode I mentioned it to my better half, and we both agreed that it would be interesting. Gons transformation was quite cool because of how different it was.
Thanks, I'm happy that at least one person read my post! :)

I don't get why people say it's a cross between SS and SSB, SSB is already a cross between super saiyan god and super saiyan. Is it like 3/4 SS and 1/4 God? The way of reaching god ki in DBS is practicing about god ki, not getting angry, it wouldn't make any sense if it were like that.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:32 am

I think it's kind of like an opposite of Super Saiyan Blue. I think the Blue Ki on the inside of the aura is indeed the same Ki and Super Saiyan Blue, but that he doesn't become Blue because the form is all about pure rage instead of tranquility.
I also like to think that God Ki is "contagious". Goku got stronger from going God, but didn't keep his God Ki, but I think being in contact with Beerus' Ki made him capable of obtaining it, he then passed that on to Vegeta in their sparring and with Whis' training they were able to achieve Blue. I'd like to think that Trunks is capable of this form because he came in contact with Vegeta's Blue from in their training session.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Know what pisses Trunks off more than murdering his mother, killing his gf, and laying waste to his planet? Criticizing his time traveling. Don't ever press the time travel button.
Or you know, he's enraged because all of this was his fault.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:43 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Know what pisses Trunks off more than murdering his mother, killing his gf, and laying waste to his planet? Criticizing his time traveling. Don't ever press the time travel button.
I think it's more that Trunks has bascially grown used to tradgedy by now, so he can't really bring himself to get angry over what has become nature for him. But now thse pretentious assholes who think they have the athority to judge mortals like this suddenly appear, and they blame all of this on him? He's becom numb to loss, but he won't even entertain the idea that any of this was his fault.

Or he was just getting really annoyed with Zamasu's hypocrisy.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017