Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ChronoTwigger
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:20 pm

UPDATE
Dragon Ball Super will air in Italy
on ITALIA 1
at 13.45
starting from 23 December 2016

At first glance from the official announcement, BEERUS is called BEERUS (and not Bills as we readed in many unofficial sources online).

This post will update as soon as I have more info and will include name translations, moves and other curious facts.
Last edited by ChronoTwigger on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Nice! I can't wait to see who the VA's are.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:24 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Gig » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:27 am

Considering how many times they did air DBZ over and over in the years, it would have sounded strange if they did not air Super...

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by sangofe » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:18 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:Finally a more official announcement.
And good news.
DBS will air on ITALIA1 at lunch, and air on ITALIA2 at dinner time, starting on winter 2017. Two airing to cover all the possible audience.
No sure news on voices or names, opening track but whatsoever finally we got it.

This post will update as soon as I have more info and will include name translations, moves and other curious facts.
When is dinner time in Italy? In norway that's at about 5 pm for most people...

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:24 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Gig » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:04 pm

sangofe wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:Finally a more official announcement.
And good news.
DBS will air on ITALIA1 at lunch, and air on ITALIA2 at dinner time, starting on winter 2017. Two airing to cover all the possible audience.
No sure news on voices or names, opening track but whatsoever finally we got it.

This post will update as soon as I have more info and will include name translations, moves and other curious facts.
When is dinner time in Italy? In norway that's at about 5 pm for most people...
Roughly 19.00-21.00 for start (often start 20.00-20.30)...

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by sangofe » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Gig wrote:
sangofe wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:Finally a more official announcement.
And good news.
DBS will air on ITALIA1 at lunch, and air on ITALIA2 at dinner time, starting on winter 2017. Two airing to cover all the possible audience.
No sure news on voices or names, opening track but whatsoever finally we got it.

This post will update as soon as I have more info and will include name translations, moves and other curious facts.
When is dinner time in Italy? In norway that's at about 5 pm for most people...
Roughly 19.00-21.00 for start (often start 20.00-20.30)...

Oh wow, that's in prime time.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:24 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Gig » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:38 pm

sangofe wrote:
Gig wrote:
sangofe wrote:
When is dinner time in Italy? In norway that's at about 5 pm for most people...
Roughly 19.00-21.00 for start (often start 20.00-20.30)...

Oh wow, that's in prime time.
IIRC, when I was a kid, in the 80's, "prime time" tv shows started around 20.30... nowadays they start around 21.15...

User avatar
ChronoTwigger
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:18 pm

sangofe wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:Finally a more official announcement.
And good news.
DBS will air on ITALIA1 at lunch, and air on ITALIA2 at dinner time, starting on winter 2017. Two airing to cover all the possible audience.
No sure news on voices or names, opening track but whatsoever finally we got it.

This post will update as soon as I have more info and will include name translations, moves and other curious facts.
When is dinner time in Italy? In norway that's at about 5 pm for most people...
Breakfast at 7.00 /8.00
Lunch at 12.00/13.00
Dinner 20.00/21.00
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Goku's actor will be Claudio Moneta, replacing Paolo Torrisi that died in 2005.

Moneta voices Spongebob in the italian dub too. Italy will be the second country where Goku and Spongebob share the same actor(the first is Brazil).

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:51 pm

Dang, I was kinda hoping it would be the guy who voiced Goku in the Dynamic (Dynit) dubs of the movies. I think his name was Andrea Ward, right?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:40 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Dang, I was kinda hoping it would be the guy who voiced Goku in the Dynamic (Dynit) dubs of the movies. I think his name was Andrea Ward, right?
Yeah, he is called Andrea Ward. But they will use the cast from the Mediaset TV dub for what I checked. They did just replaced Goku's actor because the original is dead, but others like Gianluca Iacono(Vegeta) for example are back.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by sangofe » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:32 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Goku's actor will be Claudio Moneta, replacing Paolo Torrisi that died in 2005.

Moneta voices Spongebob in the italian dub too. Italy will be the second country where Goku and Spongebob share the same actor(the first is Brazil).
That's a shame, the old Goku had a perfect voice. R.i.p.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:24 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Gig » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:32 am

I'm wondering how they will translate the "chonmage/pretty peas" pun...

Also, Mediaset (owner of Italia1 and Italia2) is famous for censoring animes... who knows how will they address Bulma's chest jokes and Galactic King's penis joke?

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Will they make a brand-new sigla? Stay tuned to know.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by wjbraden » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:14 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:Will they make a brand-new sigla? Stay tuned to know.
Considering the new Lupin series got a new one last year, (featuring Giorgio Vanni no less) I suspect they probably will. :) (for those who don't know, "sigla" is the term for the custom made opening theme Italian dubbing make for cartoons, google "What is my Destiny Dragon Ball" for reference).
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Gig wrote:Also, Mediaset (owner of Italia1 and Italia2) is famous for censoring animes... who knows how will they address Bulma's chest jokes and Galactic King's penis joke?
The Hebrew and Portuguese dubs are both edited, and apparently have the exact same edits... perhaps Italy's version will also be the same? If so, it would be interesting if Super only has one censored version, unlike the older series which had several (AB Groupes' edits, Funimation's edits, whoever edited the Arabic dub, whoever edited the Pilipino English (at least I heard that dub was edited.) ... I think TFS censored Gohan's penis in one of the earliest DBZ Abridged episodes..... am I forgetting any other companies which censored the DB anime?)

Also, while Italy replaced GT's opening, and Funi replaced the opening before the Green Bricks, most nations that aired GT had some version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku as the OP, even in nations where AB Groupe, who had replaced the DB and DBZ openings, had the rights to the franchise. Is Italy going to replace Super's opening as well?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by sangofe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:36 am

Danfun64 wrote:
Gig wrote:Also, Mediaset (owner of Italia1 and Italia2) is famous for censoring animes... who knows how will they address Bulma's chest jokes and Galactic King's penis joke?
The Hebrew and Portuguese dubs are both edited, and apparently have the exact same edits... perhaps Italy's version will also be the same? If so, it would be interesting if Super only has one censored version, unlike the older series which had several (AB Groupes' edits, Funimation's edits, whoever edited the Arabic dub, whoever edited the Pilipino English (at least I heard that dub was edited.) ... I think TFS censored Gohan's penis in one of the earliest DBZ Abridged episodes..... am I forgetting any other companies which censored the DB anime?)

Also, while Italy replaced GT's opening, and Funi replaced the opening before the Green Bricks, most nations that aired GT had some version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku as the OP, even in nations where AB Groupe, who had replaced the DB and DBZ openings, had the rights to the franchise. Is Italy going to replace Super's opening as well?
I seriously hope that there will be uncut versions airing...

User avatar
thegamer23
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:58 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by thegamer23 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:39 am

That's great news, expecially with the return of the old voice acting cast wich was amazing.

Can't wait for the openings, those are the DB, DBZ & GT ones. I loved them

DB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHMJHqb5Iug
DBZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBwtHMg5OvQ
GT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwMokUKM6A0

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:59 am

wjbraden wrote:
UltimateHammerBro wrote:Will they make a brand-new sigla? Stay tuned to know.
Considering the new Lupin series got a new one last year, (featuring Giorgio Vanni no less) I suspect they probably will. :)
I really, really hope it sounds nothing like the Lupin one. I vastly preferred the fan-made version (the same guys made a Super one too).
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 3898
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by emperior » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Hopefully Giorgio Vanni delivers again.

About Claudio Moneta, it's still not confirmed that he will voice Goku. But it's almost certain, so I hope he will do a good job. It will be really, really difficult, if not impossible, to surpass Paolo Torrisi
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Post Reply