What Do YOU Think The Next Arc Will Be?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yomi
Regular

What Do YOU Think The Next Arc Will Be?

Post by Yomi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:51 pm

I don't really have a clue, but I know that some of you guys might have some interesting
ideas on what the Next Main Arc in Super will be about.
:clap:

Alehandrew

Re: What Do YOU Think The Next Arc Will Be?

Post by Alehandrew » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:02 pm

I think it's a solid bet that there will be a 1-2 month "filler" story leading into the next major arc. This is backed up by the new Toyotaro interview where he says the manga will not be behind the anime soon (probably because the manga will skip the filler).

The filler will probably be something light with lots of comedic moments. Maybe using characters like Monaka, Jaco, Goten & Trunks etc.

I'm hoping the next major arc will involve exploring another Universe like Cabba's planet, seeing more of hit, or introducing us to a whole new Universe like 1 or 2 etc. I feel like this will help set up the multi-universe tournament rather than jumping right in.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:25 pm

There's no way to know, but I hope it's a Planet Sadal Arc. I want to see inter-universal building more than anything else in Dragon Ball. We literally have 12 universes to explore, countless galaxies and planets. Yet, we've only seen about half a dozen planets to any useful degree. U7 Earth, Planet Namek, New Namek, U7 Kaioshin realm, Beerus' Planet, the Interuniversal Tournament grounds, and U10 Kaioshin Realm.

That's a total of 7 planets, which is quite frankly, pathetic. Moreover, 5/6 of these planets are in Universe 7. Lastly, Namek, New Namek, U7 Kaioshin Realm, most of Earth, and most of the the Interuniversal Tournament grounds are generic rocky areas. When there are only 2 planets so far with significant variety, and we rarely get to see even those, there's a problem.

TL;DR Version: I don't know, but hopefully Planet Sadal, and hopefully with plenty of creative environments.
Retired.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Any thing that involves tons of lore. And a lot of new locations and enviroments. So basically anything that involves tons of word building.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:51 pm

If it's going to be another Toriyama written arc like the Universe 6 story was I think another tournament is most likely. As much as I want to be something related to world building and exploring the Dragon World I don't think modern Toriyama can write something like that hell Toriyama at his prime couldn't write stories focussing on world building, RRA arc being the only exception.

But if it's another Toei editor suggestion or something like that with Toriyama expanding upon it then anything is possible. Any fanfic idea who knows. Maybe Time Patrol related stuff.

Me personally, I want a multiverse war or a Saiyan civil war story arc. That'd be cool if done well but I know it's never gonna happen.

- Travis
Last edited by Saikyo no Senshi on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm

What I think/kinda hope will happen:
A visit to Planet Salad and something will happen with Cabba. Hit may appear.

What I want to happen:
Zen Boo ditches DBM, turns blue or yellow or some other color, and becomes U6's version of Boo.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm

Planet Salad please! I want to meet the king that reminds Kabe of Vegeta.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:04 pm

I'm thinking there will be some filler where the gang travel to u6 to see Planet Sadal, Trunks stays with them as he wants to participate in one last Universal tournament before he leaves to get stronger. Universal Arc comes around, new enemy appears near the end of the tournament.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Timeskip to the end of DBZ.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Hopefully a Planet Salad arc or Jaco retelling. If Toei is able to outsource these low stakes arcs then I think that the next Toriyama written arc will be the best visually and most coherent arc story wise in Super.

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:36 pm

I want a universe building arc too, like Cabba visits Earth and invites EVERYONE to Universe 6's Planet Salad. Then something turns around bad and our Z Warriors must split to different planets. Something simple but that helps expanding the Dragon Ball World.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:52 pm

I don't get why so many of you want to see Planet Sadal when there is no reason to go there. We know Saiyans are good and have not gone Super Saiyan apart from Cabba so I dont know what is so fascinating.

We need to see Namek and Earth in universe 6 and maybe also get an answer about where Frieza and Frost come from along with Hit, Botamo and Magetta.

I would like an arc where Hit gets hired to do a job and somehow the main group from universe 7 get involved.

Maybe it could be could be that some high up, not entirely peaceful Saiyans,from universe 6 hire Hit to Kill Goku and Vegeta due to some sort of external knowledge saying they will corrupt Universe 6 Saiyans and because Cabba said they were evil once . The knowledge which given to the Saiyans to cause disruption so the real bad guy can do what he wants. Cabba is against it gets Magetta and Botamo and warns universe 7 earth. Universe 6 Namek and Earth are also involved.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:02 pm

I can't remember who said it or what thread it was in, but someone commented something about an arc where Hit shows up suddenly, injured, and asking for help. I'd almost be intrigued to see something starting off like that, if it weren't so similar to how the last arc just started out. I'm all for seeing Hit again though, so maybe something that leads our gang into conflict with him and thus Goku and him get to have their 'true' fight, before going to deal with an even bigger threat?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Maybe Goten and Trunks get antsy and finds a way to leave U7 and explore U1 or something. I really hope we can finally get some universe building next arc.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Omni-King tournament. It can't start soon enough for me. I want to see the other Gods of Destruction! Have so ever since Battle of Gods first came out.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Anything that let's my boys, Gohan and Piccolo, come back :cry:

I'm like a beggar on the street at this point. Mystic and demon/namek god plz.

realistically, it's the tourny or something dealing with a different universe.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Next arc:

Trunks returns from the future again a month after Black is defeated. It's a dystopia again. Apparently, now it has Vampires roaming around.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:45 pm

Beyond wrote:Anything that let's my boys, Gohan and Piccolo, come back :cry:

I'm like a beggar on the street at this point. Mystic and demon/namek god plz.

realistically, it's the tourny or something dealing with a different universe.
Than Super probably isn't the best show for you to watch.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Uub Saga

Please Toriyama make it happen

Neo Hartless

Post by Neo Hartless » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:41 pm

The crew going to Universe 6 Planet Sadala, getting to see how different the Saiyan society is, maybe find out what happened to Frost.