"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 am

I'm a little disappointed that theatres won't have a sub or dub viewings. On the other hand, it saves me the trouble of having to decide between the two.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:21 am

So, still no confirmation about Vic? It's weird, he didn't even retweet anything related to the movie.

Why so silent.

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:33 am

Xeogran wrote:So, still no confirmation about Vic? It's weird, he didn't even retweet anything related to the movie.

Why so silent.
Could be something they're still deciding

The character is horrible for Vic'e voice and this reboot would be the perfect chance to change that
On the one hand Vic could do a totally new voice for the character and have that fold back into all iterations of him like some Kai takes have

But at that point it becomes a question of why not just use a new actor entirely

Considering the movie's still six months out they're probably taking the time to consider the options and until then there's really nothing to say on the matter on their end

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Can't believe Minogna is such a pussy to refuse playing Broly again, like someone said before his voice is iconic to this dub, but whatever, Sabat will put a good Broly anyway
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:45 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Can't believe Minogna is such a pussy to refuse playing Broly again, like someone said before his voice is iconic to this dub, but whatever, Sabat will put a good Broly anyway
1. So you’re labeling someone a “pussy” when you have no idea of someone’s situation? Vic has stated on several occasions that playing Broly is physically painful on his voice.

2. Vic hasn’t even denied playing Broly again. As far as I know, there hasn’t been an official announcement one way or the other.

3. I seriously doubt Sabat would be playing Broly if Vic didn’t return. If he even did do Broly’s scream in the trailer, it was most likely only because they needed to get the trailer done quick and there weren’t any speaking lines for the character yet.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:17 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Can't believe Minogna is such a pussy to refuse playing Broly again.
Not trying to do a performance that put a strain to his voice means that he is a pussy? Ok you are making no sense and are being rude
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

MrTennek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrTennek » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:16 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Can't believe Minogna is such a pussy to refuse playing Broly again, like someone said before his voice is iconic to this dub, but whatever, Sabat will put a good Broly anyway
Yeah, he sure is a pussy for not wanting to permanently damage his vocal cords. :roll: You are a twit.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:19 pm

How old are you? Why is he a "pussy" for that?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Who cares if damages his voice, the only thing you should care is that he's up to reprise the role or not or just give Sabat do it, the man carry this dub on his back.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:21 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Who cares if damages his voice, the only thing you should care is that he's up to reprise the role or not or just give Sabat do it, the man carry this dub on his back.
I know right who cares about his health? Oh wait I do. a lot people do.
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

MrTennek
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrTennek » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:20 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Who cares if damages his voice, the only thing you should care is that he's up to reprise the role or not or just give Sabat do it, the man carry this dub on his back.
Wow, you are a genuinely awful and selfish human being.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:08 am

Loved the delivery of "I dunnooo.... " at the end! :lol:

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:55 am

AzuraRacon wrote:
Xeogran wrote:So, still no confirmation about Vic? It's weird, he didn't even retweet anything related to the movie.

Why so silent.
Could be something they're still deciding

The character is horrible for Vic'e voice and this reboot would be the perfect chance to change that
On the one hand Vic could do a totally new voice for the character and have that fold back into all iterations of him like some Kai takes have

But at that point it becomes a question of why not just use a new actor entirely

Considering the movie's still six months out they're probably taking the time to consider the options and until then there's really nothing to say on the matter on their end
TBH, Vic’s portrayal seems so generic monster anyway that I wouldn’t mind a replacement. Maybe even someone who can scream better because the Japanese Broly scream in the trailer was scary as hell and Vic just doesn’t do it for me.

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:13 am

Watching through the Goku Black arc now, and the way they're pronouncing "Corp" in "Capsule Corp" is bugging the hell outta me. Did a quick search through this thread to verify that I'm not crazy, and that they only just started pronouncing it this way with the Goku Black arc. It would appear as if someone at Funimation has been misinformed on its pronunciation. Did anyone ever successfully reach out to Chris or hear from him on this matter?
uncutpokemon wrote:If I were to guess, it's probably because corp is in fact supposed to be pronounced like the word "core", I took an English class once that I saw a list of words that are most often mispronounced, and corp was in fact one of them. So the reason behind saying it like that is for the purpose of accurate English.
I beg to differ. It's only pronounced as "core" when there is an "s" at the end, as in "Marine Corps" or "Peace Corps." The "Corp." in "Capsule Corp." is a shortened form of the word "corporation," and, as such, is most certainly pronounced with a hard "p" at the end.
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:01 am

IAmTheMilkMan wrote:Watching through the Goku Black arc now, and the way they're pronouncing "Corp" in "Capsule Corp" is bugging the hell outta me. Did a quick search through this thread to verify that I'm not crazy, and that they only just started pronouncing it this way with the Goku Black arc. It would appear as if someone at Funimation has been misinformed on its pronunciation. Did anyone ever successfully reach out to Chris or hear from him on this matter?
uncutpokemon wrote:If I were to guess, it's probably because corp is in fact supposed to be pronounced like the word "core", I took an English class once that I saw a list of words that are most often mispronounced, and corp was in fact one of them. So the reason behind saying it like that is for the purpose of accurate English.
I beg to differ. It's only pronounced as "core" when there is an "s" at the end, as in "Marine Corps" or "Peace Corps." The "Corp." in "Capsule Corp." is a shortened form of the word "corporation," and, as such, is most certainly pronounced with a hard "p" at the end.

I thought the exact same thing, that it was only pronounced Core if it was the Marines or some form of military with the S at the end.

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:02 am

Only a few weeks till the 2nd opening is used. I wonder if it will be dubbed.

Jean0987654321
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jean0987654321 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:45 pm

supersaiyandoctor wrote:Only a few weeks till the 2nd opening is used. I wonder if it will be dubbed.
Oh, it will. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark De Groot will do the 2nd OP this time

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:00 pm

ED 7’s dub wasn’t bad.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

mint0h
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mint0h » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:00 pm

I have to say, Funimation's rendition of "Evil Angel and Righteous Devil" is not half bad, pretty good.

Can't wait to hear the full versions for ED6 and this one.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:12 am

mint0h wrote:I have to say, Funimation's rendition of "Evil Angel and Righteous Devil" is not half bad, pretty good.

Can't wait to hear the full versions for ED6 and this one.
Full versions are never happening.