Am I the only one bothered by how friendly everyone is with Beerus now?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Re: Am I the only one bothered by how friendly everyone is with Beerus now?

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 am

The Z fighters aren't a "bunch of cosmic protectors who would fight galactus to save some innocents". They are just good hearted people with incredible power.

Plus, it is not like they can really do anything about beerus, because he would slaughter them all if he wants.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:06 pm

apex_pretador wrote:The Z fighters aren't a "bunch of cosmic protectors who would fight galactus to save some innocents". They are just good hearted people with incredible power.

Plus, it is not like they can really do anything about beerus, because he would slaughter them all if he wants.
They could just kill the Supreme Kai to get rid of Beerus, but that won't happen.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:24 am

Yedis wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:The Z fighters aren't a "bunch of cosmic protectors who would fight galactus to save some innocents". They are just good hearted people with incredible power.

They could just kill the Supreme Kai to get rid of Beerus, but that won't happen.
And that would make them villains.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:06 am

True I'm quite bothered by how friendly they all are but can we blame them? if they dont play friendly with them they'll get wiped out, this is the same cat that turned Zamasu to dust by simply saying "HAKAI" theres really nothing they can do. Hoping in the future Goku/Vegeta or Zeno wipes Whis and Beerus out of the godamn show, never liked them every since they got introduced, bunch of pricks thats only there for food, not my kind of cast. Never liked the thought that they only let the earth exist because of its food and everyone sucking up to them. Reason as to why I liked the RoF movie is because I felt like they were getting closer to Beerus' level, put Vegeto in that movie Beerus woulda pissed himself there and kneel'd infront of him :lol:

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:42 am

bunch of pricks thats only there for food
False. Maybe in BoG arc, but not anymore. Beerus and Whis likes them.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:45 am

Their first and prime interest stays and will always be food though, don't you ever forget Earth was spared because is a "gourmet planet" lol

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:50 am

Legion wrote:
False, they dont like em as an individual, they like em because of food, Whis is training them in exchange for good food, Beerus even threatened Goku in U6 arc, if he dares go against Gods when Chanpa was about to kill his team. Bulma's right on the bat as always, she's cautious when it comes to Beerus, by far the only sane character in the cast.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:52 am

Well obviously at first a cat will have only interest in you because you feed him, but as time passes their is an unconscious connection that happens, the cat will start to take you in sympathy, I wouldn't say Beerus would allow our friends to pet him just yet though :mrgreen:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:Well obviously at first a cat will have only interest in you because you feed him, but as time passes their is an unconscious connection that happens, the cat will start to take you in sympathy, I wouldn't say Beerus would allow our friends to pet him just yet though :mrgreen:
True, the only one that can tame and pet Beerus around atm is Zeno.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:59 am

False, they dont like em as an individual, they like em because of food,
Nah, i have no doubt about this. Of course they love the foods, but they are not indifferent with Goku etc.

In the last episode Whis tried to help Trunks with his timeline problem and Beerus said to take care...something that in Bog arc they would never do. And there are many other examples.

But different opinion :)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 am

Legion wrote:
Nah, i have no doubt about this. Of course they love the foods, but they are not indifferent with Goku etc.

In the last episode Whis tried to help Trunks with his timeline problem and Beerus said to take care...something that in Bog arc they would never do. And there are many other examples.

Whis did say Beerus was at fault because of what he did created another timeline, its just an attendant mending things of what his boss did wrong.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:28 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Legion wrote:

Whis did say Beerus was at fault because of what he did created another timeline, its just an attendant mending things of what his boss did wrong.
Yes, but this has nothing to do with Whis that he tried to help Trunks. It's not their fault if Trunks timeline has been destroyed by Zeno and he's not obliged to help him.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53 am

Legion wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Legion wrote: Nah, i have no doubt about this. Of course they love the foods, but they are not indifferent with Goku etc.

Yes, but this has nothing to do with Whis that he tried to help Trunks. It's not their fault if Trunks timeline has been destroyed by Zeno and he's not obliged to help him.
It has everything to do with Whis, like I said Whis is Beerus' attendant its his job to fix things that Beerus fcks up like how he destroyed 2 suns.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Beerus character is perfectly done.
In episode 68, he just proved once again how neutral he can be.

Bulma took him and Whis to eat crabs and he enjoyed it. But after he found out Bulma was building a new Time Machine, he just blew it without a second thought.
Other example was during Champa arc, when Champa wanted to kill all his fighters for losing the tournament and Beerus forbid Goku from interfere.

He can be friendly with them and in the next scene he may already screw them up. He's a wildcard.

I have a hard time believing there was a time when Beerus and Whis didn't exist in Dragon Ball. Toriyama nailed it with these duo. I love them so much!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:42 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Legion wrote:
False, they dont like em as an individual, they like em because of food, Whis is training them in exchange for good food, Beerus even threatened Goku in U6 arc, if he dares go against Gods when Chanpa was about to kill his team. Bulma's right on the bat as always, she's cautious when it comes to Beerus, by far the only sane character in the cast.
I get what you're saying but IMO Beerus just likes to talk a bunch of crap. If he didn't care at all he never would have let Goku travel in time due to it being forbidden. The way he fears Zeno you can absolutely believe he would NEVER take part in doing something behind his back for no reason. Beerus obviously in some way cares enough about the cast to allow them to defy the orders of Gods. If he didn't care he would have probably either killed Future Trunks or "Arrested" him so to speak and would also have destroyed the time machine. Not to mention last episode he could have gotten seriously angry at Bulma for disobeying him and killed her as well....but he didn't.

Is it all for food? I seriously doubt it since he could just use the Super Dragon Balls to wish for limitless Earth Foods at any point and then destroy Earth.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:44 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Legion wrote: False. Maybe in BoG arc, but not anymore. Beerus and Whis likes them.
I get what you're saying but IMO Beerus just likes to talk a bunch of crap. If he didn't care at all he never would have let Goku travel in time due to it being forbidden. The way he fears Zeno you can absolutely believe he would NEVER take part in doing something behind his back for no reason. Beerus obviously in some way cares enough about the cast to allow them to defy the orders of Gods. If he didn't care he would have probably either killed Future Trunks or "Arrested" him so to speak and would also have destroyed the time machine. Not to mention last episode he could have gotten seriously angry at Bulma for disobeying him and killed her as well....but he didn't.

Is it all for food? I seriously doubt it since he could just use the Super Dragon Balls to wish for limitless Earth Foods at any point and then destroy Earth.
This is how I feel about Beerus as well. Seriously, he could have done away with all of these people, ESPECIALLY when time travel is involved, and he STILL didn't harm them. Trust me, he CERTAINLY cares about these people to a VERY great degree, to let them do something like this behind the Omni-King's back.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:47 am

It has everything to do with Whis, like I said Whis is Beerus' attendant its his job to fix things that Beerus fcks up like how he destroyed 2 suns.
Yes, is his job to "fix things that Beerus fcks up", but not in this case, since is not Beerus fault if Trunks has lost everything. So, again, he wasn't obliged to help Trunks. Both Beerus and Whis have received a lot of development, especially Beerus. I don't know how people can deny this. :think:

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:40 am

I'm with SansrivaaL on this. Beerus and Whis may be a situation they have to tolerate for the time being, but nothing says they have to like it. It's one thing if they're pretending to be nice and friendly to keep Earth from being blown up, but to genuinely be friends with them...
They are just good hearted people with incredible power.
Yeah, it's not like a couple of them are superheroes or anything--oh, hi Gohan, hi Videl.
Beerus was APPOINTED god of destruction by the Almighty Zeno.
And who gives the Omni-King that right? I for one am a believer in an objective morality; that just because a god tells you it's all right to go around blowing up inhabited planets, that doesn't actually make it right.

The gods in this franchise used to be nice...
Trunks & Goten forever

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:16 pm

Legion wrote:
Yes, is his job to "fix things that Beerus fcks up", but not in this case, since is not Beerus fault if Trunks has lost everything. So, again, he wasn't obliged to help Trunks. Both Beerus and Whis have received a lot of development, especially Beerus. I don't know how people can deny this. :think:
Did you not watch ep 67 when Whis told Trunks and Mai they can go to another timeline, Beerus didnt like it but then Whis points out that Beerus already created a new Time Ring and timeline when he destroyed Zamasu so he hardly has room to complain.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
And who gives the Omni-King that right? I for one am a believer in an objective morality; that just because a god tells you it's all right to go around blowing up inhabited planets, that doesn't actually make it right.

The gods in this franchise used to be nice...
Exactly my point. The gods are kinda assholes. All of em'.