Should I wait for the Champa arc to be subbed before going to watch the future trunks arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Should I wait for the Champa arc to be subbed before going to watch the future trunks arc?

Post by laserkid » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:36 am

So, it's been a long time since I saw anything new Dragon Ball related, as I have FUNimation NOW (mainly for One Piece), I've been indulging in their sub of super, skipped past the battle of gods and Resurrection F stuff, seen both movies to death already, really didn't want to re re see them. I did watch episode 1, just out of curiosity, but then skipped ahead to the future trunks arc, as they haven't even finished subbing Resurrection F stuff yet.

I'm a ways in, so I may well be too late for myself here, seen through episode 54 in the future trunks arc. I REALLY like this arc, as in I haven't been this happy with Dragon Ball since the cell arc (my favorite Z arc), especially since future trunks has always been a favorite for me. But knowing there's this giant mystery arc behind me (I get the feeling the concept of Zenoh will make more sense, but I've followed who he is well enough, and I haven't noticed anything I don't know about yet), does concern me that I may be missing some things.

It's really tempting to keep pushing forwards, and I likely will, I've managed to avoid most dragon ball super spoilers (I know the champa arc involves a tournament of some kind... I think and I knew about goku black being a character), so I don't know what I don't know.

I really wish they had the champa arc subs ready, but I just want to know if there's any major bombshells that I'm just not getting I suppose.

Also, uh hi Kanzenshuu people, been like forever since I posted here, how's everyone doing these days? :mrgreen:
-Laserkid

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Should I wait for the Champa arc to be subbed before going to watch the future trunks arc?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:47 am

Hi!
Yes you should, because there are stuff from that arc that connect to this one. :D
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Should I wait for the Champa arc to be subbed before going to watch the future trunks arc?

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:51 am

The universe 6 arc adds a tad bit more context to a thing or two in the Future Trunks arc.

So I say yes.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:54 am

Thanks for the advice guys, I just finished the Gods of Destruction Tournament as the last batch of episodes in the hole so to speak went up on FUNimation now. I am REALLY glad I took your advice, it was a great arc, and while I still have a few between episodes to go, I just wanted to thank you for this while I finished the meat of the arc.

I think Cabba and Hit may be some of my new favorite characters in the franchise and I hope to see more of them.

To anyone in the future reading this, though since the availability is there the chances of it being needed is slim, definitely don't skip the Universe 6 arc - it's fantastic!

It feels really good to have new dragon ball to watch again! :)
-Laserkid