Gowasu didn't deserve this

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Gowasu didn't deserve this

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:33 pm

What did the poor old man do to deserve having his star pupil die in front of him? Not only that, but the man literally almost cries in the latest episode! He's filled with self-guilt, and calls all that happened his "sin"! Can you believe this? I can't believe this!

precita
Banned

Re: Gowasu didn't deserve this

Post by precita » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Gowasu should commit seppuku for his sins!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:37 pm

He should have been Black.

(he still has time)
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:What did the poor old man do to deserve having his star pupil die in front of him? Not only that, but the man literally almost cries in the latest episode! He's filled with self-guilt, and calls all that happened his "sin"! Can you believe this? I can't believe this!
I feel sad for Gowasu and appreciate how the writers showed that he can be more than just background character. Now I'm curious who will replace Zamasu as his apprentice.

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:19 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:He should have been Black.

(he still has time)
I don't know how serious you are with this statement, but I would have found this more interesting than what ended up happening. Imagine having the student convincing the teacher to change his ways. That's rarely done in stories.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Shinomori wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:He should have been Black.

(he still has time)
I don't know how serious you are with this statement, but I would have found this more interesting than what ended up happening. Imagine having the student convincing the teacher to change his ways. That's rarely done in stories.
I'm completely serious. Throughout the arc, it seemed like Gowasu was secretly manipulating Zamasu. He let him spar Goku, he showed him the Barbarians, and he was conveniently watching godtube when Zamasu passed by. I thought it would have been a nice twist if he ended up being Black.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:26 pm

That's why I was hoping for them to Talk-no-Jutsu present Zamasu or any version of him before it was too late but I guess none of the characters is really good at TnJ :lol:

That scene with Gowasu was honestly more heart breaking than the Future Trunks stuff. He lost his pupil and tea maker just like that...and he blames it on himself.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:14 am

how will poor Gowasu fill his tragic tea addiction now? find out on the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Super!

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:16 am

Doctor. wrote:What did the poor old man do to deserve having his star pupil die in front of him? Not only that, but the man literally almost cries in the latest episode! He's filled with self-guilt, and calls all that happened his "sin"! Can you believe this? I can't believe this!
This episode was pretty underrated, i mean it had a lot of fucked up/dark moments, if an episode made me feel like this, it definitely did something right.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

nitemare
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nitemare » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:19 am

MaxZ wrote:how will poor Gowasu fill his tragic tea addiction now? find out on the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Super!
I think after this whole ordeal he won't touch tea in a lifetime :D

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:47 am

Gowasu Makkaioshin confirmed?
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:20 am

I feel so sorry for Gowasu. It seemed like in the ending of the arc he was going through a severe case of survivors guilt.