So did Zeno..

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

So did Zeno..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:29 am

Destroy the Universe or the Multiverse of that timeline?

This seems a bit unclair, but he said "world" as opposed to "universe" so that seems to imply all existence, I.E the multiverse of that timeline. He was also floathing in "nothingness".

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: So did Zeno..

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:36 am

He destroyed everything

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:12 am

I'm confused too...

[spoiler]http://imgur.com/a/hdoDo[/spoiler]

how can one teleport/time travel to something that is completely wiped out or doesn't exist?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:23 am

Pluto wrote:I'm confused too...

[spoiler]http://imgur.com/a/hdoDo[/spoiler]

how can one teleport/time travel to something that is completely wiped out or doesn't exist?
I think it still exists because Zeno exists. What he did seemed more like erasing the programming of a world than destroying it.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:58 am

It should definitely be the whole multiverse in this case. Also, he wiped it all clean, even spacetime itself.(which is normally black/dark) so all that was left was absolute "nothingness" it was all white and light, with some beautiful colors. I really liked that look of him floathing around, chilling in a void devote of anything solely by himself xD!

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:23 pm

That's why you never mess with Zenchan... [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:04 pm

I think Zeno is indestructible guys.. Given the way he survived a multiversal explosion. And seemed totally fine. I guess this makes him invulnerable. A.K.A immortal!

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Zenō used the word 世界 / せかい / sekai which can mean the world; society; the universe [1]. According to jisho.org, it can also mean the realm governed by one Buddha; space. Since Zenō, written as 全王, translates to King of All, I think that translating 世界 / sekai to mean either "universe" or "all that I [Zenō] govern."

NOTE: I just rewatched that part of the episode, and Zenō says 「この世界」・「このせかい」・ "ko no sekai" which translates to, "this sekai." In this context, I think it makes more sense to translate it as, "this universe," due to Zenō's rank. Although, "this world," might also work. Interestingly, Crunchyroll translated this line as, "a world like this..."

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[1] http://jisho.org/search/世界
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Zeno destroyed Future Trunks' entire timeline. There are basically now three timelines left, instead of four.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Zeno destroyed Future Trunks' entire timeline. There are basically now three timelines left, instead of four.
That can't be right, because then they couldn't have traveled to it to pick him up, and Whis couldn't have gone back to the past of that timeline to split it again.

I think it can be said that he destroyed at least the 7th universe from that timeline at that point in time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

God Movement

Post by God Movement » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:07 pm

He destroyed all 12 universes which is why he was in a literal void. Neutral space between universes looks like regular space as seen with the U6 tournament, but there was.. nothing. And he was doing nothing when they go there. Which implies that he had nowhere to go. Cue his excitement with the offer of having somewhere else to go. It's pretty clear to see that there was nothing left. Of course, "Sekai" was used numerous times this episode to refer to the timeline itself. And "Uchu" was used when they referred to a single universe.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Zeno destroyed all 12 universes in that timeline. All that is left is the void, aka nothingness. Hence why Zeno was just floating nilly willy in the same spot where he was before he blew up the entire world. Since everything was gone, he had no reason to go anywhere lol. I guess he didnt really thought it through lol.

Well, now atleast we know why Beerus pisses his pants everytime he sees Zeno.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:14 pm

buutenks wrote:Zeno destroyed all 12 universes in that timeline. All that is left is the void, aka nothingness. Hence why Zeno was just floating nilly willy in the same spot where he was before he blew up the entire world. Since everything was gone, he had no reason to go anywhere lol. I guess he didnt really thought it through lol.

Yeah up until this point we just been taking peoples word over how dangerous he is. Now we finally know!

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
buutenks wrote:Zeno destroyed all 12 universes in that timeline. All that is left is the void, aka nothingness. Hence why Zeno was just floating nilly willy in the same spot where he was before he blew up the entire world. Since everything was gone, he had no reason to go anywhere lol. I guess he didnt really thought it through lol.

Yeah up until this point we just been taking peoples word over how dangerous he is. Now we finally know!
Plus we got our very first multiverse destruction on screen. IDK if this ever happened on screen in the history of anime. Well i havent seen it that is for sure.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Zeno destroyed Future Trunks' entire timeline. There are basically now three timelines left, instead of four.
That can't be right, because then they couldn't have traveled to it to pick him up, and Whis couldn't have gone back to the past of that timeline to split it again.

I think it can be said that he destroyed at least the 7th universe from that timeline at that point in time.
But Zeno didn't just destroy one universe in Future Trunk's timeline, he destroyed the entire multiverse in Future Trunks' timeline. There is nothing left, so by virtue, that timeline was basically reconnected out of existence. That why Zeno was taken to the main timeline to be the playmate of that Zeno in that timeline as there was nothing left for Zeno in Future Trunks' timeline due to him destroying everything there.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:26 pm

God Movement wrote:He destroyed all 12 universes which is why he was in a literal void. Neutral space between universes looks like regular space as seen with the U6 tournament, but there was.. nothing. And he was doing nothing when they go there. Which implies that he had nowhere to go. Cue his excitement with the offer of having somewhere else to go. It's pretty clear to see that there was nothing left. Of course, "Sekai" was used numerous times this episode to refer to the timeline itself. And "Uchu" was used when they referred to a single universe.
That makes sense. Universe 7 is 「第7宇宙」・「だい7うちゅう」・ "dai nana uchuu" whereas Zeno's final words before erasure were 「この世界消えたい」・「このせかいきえたい」・ "ko no sekai kietai" which means, "I want to disappear this world." In this context, I would take sekai to mean more than uchuu.
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

God Movement

Post by God Movement » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:39 pm

phattangent wrote:
God Movement wrote:He destroyed all 12 universes which is why he was in a literal void. Neutral space between universes looks like regular space as seen with the U6 tournament, but there was.. nothing. And he was doing nothing when they go there. Which implies that he had nowhere to go. Cue his excitement with the offer of having somewhere else to go. It's pretty clear to see that there was nothing left. Of course, "Sekai" was used numerous times this episode to refer to the timeline itself. And "Uchu" was used when they referred to a single universe.
That makes sense. Universe 7 is 「第7宇宙」・「だい7うちゅう」・ "dai nana uchuu" whereas Zeno's final words before erasure were 「この世界消えたい」・「このせかいきえたい」・ "ko no sekai kietai" which means, "I want to disappear this world." In this context, I would take sekai to mean more than uchuu.
Precisely. The words independently are hard to distinguish between each other from a definition perspective, but in this particular context, and given in this very episode there was clear distinction between "uchuu" and "sekai" when referring to particulars. I think it's safe to conclude that the world in which he was referring to is the entire existence of the timeline itself.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:

He destroyed all 12 universes in Trunks' timeline, and he didn't destroy them as in nothing is there, he just wiped it clean like one would clean his plate, the foods gone but the plates still there. He was probably about to start over until Goku took him home.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Nope. The Time ring is still there representing that timeline. Plus Goku and Trunks traveled there, which wouldnt be possible if it didnt exist

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:15 pm

phattangent wrote:Zenō used the word 世界 / せかい / sekai which can mean the world; society; the universe [1]. According to jisho.org, it can also mean the realm governed by one Buddha; space. Since Zenō, written as 全王, translates to King of All, I think that translating 世界 / sekai to mean either "universe" or "all that I [Zenō] govern."

NOTE: I just rewatched that part of the episode, and Zenō says 「この世界」・「このせかい」・ "ko no sekai" which translates to, "this sekai." In this context, I think it makes more sense to translate it as, "this universe," due to Zenō's rank. Although, "this world," might also work. Interestingly, Crunchyroll translated this line as, "a world like this..."

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[1] http://jisho.org/search/世界
I disagree with you. "This world" should obviously refer to "This timeline" given that that timeline is ofcourse part of a multiverse too. I think it should be logical to assume he destroyed the whole multiverse of that timeline.