Why I LOVED DBS Episode 67

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: Why I LOVED DBS Episode 67

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:Honestly, this ending was so damn good (even thought it broke me), that it makes the other episodes of the arc feel different, i mean, i find it hilarious how in the last episodes Trunks was repeating the same thing a lot: "Gods don't make the future, mortals do" or "don't underestimate the mortals", you know, things like that.

In fact, ep 66 feels different as well, and i'm starting to think that Toei made that final scene with the spirit sword on purpose to shock us even more. Just think about it, this would be my reaction if i was a casual fan and watched the two episodes in the same day.

#66: "Awwww he's using defeating the villain with the power of love, hope and frienship, that's beautiful"
#67: "What?, that's it, everyone died, but what about the happy ending"?
And now i can't watch any scene from past episodes without thinking "hahhahahah you'r all going to die :lolno: "

Honestly i thought that this ending would get more praise in the comment section (youtube) because, well, not only Goku isn't the one to save the day, but death is relevant, and they fail making this arc tragic because the future was doomed (hell, i even appreciate more Vegetto's brief appaearance because with him, the super fighters literally tried everything to win).
But oh well fuck me super is just a predictable series that hasn't ever done anything right, i suppose.
Wait...so did you like the episode? The first half of your post gives me the impression that you liked it, but the end of your post gives me the impression that you dislike it.
I like the fact, that super it's actually doing things like this, so i think that it's a good ending, but i would lie if i said that i didn't want the kids to survive having a happy ending.

I like how super had the balls to make death more meaningful and relevant, but at the same time i really feel bad for all those characters.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:56 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:Honestly, this ending was so damn good (even thought it broke me), that it makes the other episodes of the arc feel different, i mean, i find it hilarious how in the last episodes Trunks was repeating the same thing a lot: "Gods don't make the future, mortals do" or "don't underestimate the mortals", you know, things like that.

In fact, ep 66 feels different as well, and i'm starting to think that Toei made that final scene with the spirit sword on purpose to shock us even more. Just think about it, this would be my reaction if i was a casual fan and watched the two episodes in the same day.

#66: "Awwww he's using defeating the villain with the power of love, hope and frienship, that's beautiful"
#67: "What?, that's it, everyone died, but what about the happy ending"?
And now i can't watch any scene from past episodes without thinking "hahhahahah you'r all going to die :lolno: "

Honestly i thought that this ending would get more praise in the comment section (youtube) because, well, not only Goku isn't the one to save the day, but death is relevant, and the good guys failed, making this arc tragic because the future was doomed (hell, i even appreciate more Vegetto's brief appaearance because with him, the super fighters literally tried everything to win).
But oh well fuck me super is just a predictable series that hasn't ever done anything right, i suppose.
People using the 'predictable' argument are usually saying, 'I don't like this'. Only a few people predicted the timeline being destroyed and that's mostly because they wanted Trunks to stay as a main character, which didn't happened.

Honestly, the most predictable thing that could have happened is Vegetto beating Merged Zamasu, which would likely be praised by the fanbase. That and Vegeta beating Black, which would also be praised since 'it gives Vegeta a win against Goku'. Which is odd since Goku is the one who needs a win against Vegeta since he never actually beat the guy, while Vegeta did defeat Goku on Earth in an one-on-on match. Copy Vegeta doesn't count since Monaka gimped him before Goku could get a fair win.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Doctor. wrote:Not even GT 64?
It's a touching, bittersweet episode, but I don't think it's ever prompted a physical reaction from me.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:10 pm

HeroR wrote:Beerus is a hypocrite because he's blaming the mortals for not being able to handle the problem, when the problem itself originality from the gods. If they gods kept their own system in check, none of the events would have happened. This isn't like Freeza who was an evil mortal killing other mortals. This was a god who murdered the other gods and took over Zen'o's position as the top god for a number of years.
I agree to an extent. According to Gowasu they aren't supposed to judge mortals by their nature regardless. Seeing as how weak most of them are by comparison most of it doesn't matter unless something like Buu threatened them and the balance. Though it still irks me that they never give credit to Goku & the cast at all for defeating Buu who directly affected the gods. By that feat it would be the fact that it was because of mortals Buu was defeated. Zamasu was no different as he killed all the Gods in the Future and did absolutely nothing. By the looks of it, its the gods that rely on the mortals.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:13 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
HeroR wrote:Beerus is a hypocrite because he's blaming the mortals for not being able to handle the problem, when the problem itself originality from the gods. If they gods kept their own system in check, none of the events would have happened. This isn't like Freeza who was an evil mortal killing other mortals. This was a god who murdered the other gods and took over Zen'o's position as the top god for a number of years.
I agree to an extent. According to Gowasu they aren't supposed to judge mortals by their nature regardless. Seeing as how weak most of them are by comparison most of it doesn't matter unless something like Buu threatened them and the balance. Though it still irks me that they never give credit to Goku & the cast at all for defeating Buu who directly affected the gods. By that feat it would be the fact that it was because of mortals Buu was defeated. Zamasu was no different as he killed all the Gods in the Future and did absolutely nothing. By the looks of it, its the gods that rely on the mortals.
Thats basically in my eyes the entire point the show is trying to make. Gods may be very powerful but they are also imperfect and sometimes ignorant/arrogant just like mortals.

To the OP I agree with a lot of things but don't agree the trump card wasn't worth it. What was the alternative option? Let every timeline and every universe be destroyed?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"