Anyone else disappointed Supreme Kai of Time didn't show up at the end of the Trunks arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Anyone else disappointed Supreme Kai of Time didn't show up at the end of the Trunks arc?

Post by excelhedge » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 am

I kinda was.

She needs to be made cannon dammit.... :cry:

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Anyone else disappointed Supreme Kai of Time didn't show up at the end of the Trunks arc?

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:12 pm

I was really hoping to see her. Heck, I feel that SHE should have shown up at the end of this arc instead of the Omni-King for that matter. :(

After this arc, will she ever be canon/have a reason to show up in Super? :(

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Anyone else disappointed Supreme Kai of Time didn't show up at the end of the Trunks arc?

Post by Mnich » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:12 pm

excelhedge wrote:I kinda was.

She needs to be made cannon dammit.... :cry:
Hey don't be sad, mate! Here, I made her "cannon".

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:05 pm

No. She's my least favorite character in the entire franchise.
Trunks & Goten forever

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Somewhat, but I'm not too surprised she didn't appear.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Not at all. Don't really care for video game only characters.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Nah, I'm actually upset that the GoD of Universe 10 is pretty much non-existent.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Not really. Plus if she showed up then fanservice trash like Mira,Towa, and Time-Breaker Bardock would start showing up, and they should stay away from Super. (Unless it means making Tims-Breaker Yamcha canon, now that I'm okay with :p)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Nope. She's still strictly a video game character and should stay that way. I don't want any lore from the Xenoverse/Hereos/Online to leak into Super. It already has enough fan service as it is.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:11 am

I would have greatly enjoyed if Trunks and Mai both joined the time patrol at the end of the arc since there was nothing to go back to.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:I would have greatly enjoyed if Trunks and Mai both joined the time patrol at the end of the arc since there was nothing to go back to.
Agreed. Instead of living in a timeline where there would be two of them. It would all feel like an illusion after a while since the people there won't truly be the actual people they spent their lives with before. Although completely identical, and with the same memories up to that point, they aren't truly the people from the timeline that Future Trunks and Mai came from

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Angelus wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:I would have greatly enjoyed if Trunks and Mai both joined the time patrol at the end of the arc since there was nothing to go back to.
Agreed. Instead of living in a timeline where there would be two of them. It would all feel like an illusion after a while since the people there won't truly be the actual people they spent their lives with before. Although completely identical, and with the same memories up to that point, they aren't truly the people from the timeline that Future Trunks and Mai came from
I feel like toriyama wanted to keep trunks around and made his hair blue to differentiate him..
But changed his mind as the story he wrote progressed..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:16 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I feel like toriyama wanted to keep trunks around and made his hair blue to differentiate him..
But changed his mind as the story he wrote progressed..
Trunks' hair was blue in the Battle of Gods design sheet. The idea that Toriyama wanted to differentiate his alternate future and present self with hair color isn't likely. He wanted to use that color and that was that. Considering how he creates his Dragon Ball stories now, I also doubt that he changed his mind along the way in the Future Trunks arc similar to his Weekly Shonen Jump days. It's a completely different working environment, in that he likely has to think long-term more often than before. Using Jaco the Galactic Patrolman for a recent reference, while tiring, he felt that he was able to complete it at his own pace as opposed to old extremities.