Episode/Chapter(s) Idea #2: Hooray! Goten and Trunks Finally Get Character Development!!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Episode/Chapter(s) Idea #2: Hooray! Goten and Trunks Finally Get Character Development!!

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:29 pm

As much as me and many other go on about how Dragon Ball was this great and highly-influential series when it first came now, I can safely say it was well ahead of it's time. Other products have since came to follow in it's footsteps with some doing the same thing much better (I.E. One Piece). While Super has some great new ideas for the series and some executed quite well I feel it's been play things rather safe for the most parts and has yet to do anything truly groundbreaking for the series in comparison to it's contemporary shonen titles so that's why I'm starting a series suggesting ideas for stories to remind people just why Dragon Ball is/was the king of Battle Shounen.
Now for this story Goten and Trunks' friendship gets into question as they manage to get into trouble for the umpteenth time. With Trunks, the overconfident and mischievous unofficial leader, and Goten, the dimwitted follower, actually start to clash with each other rather than others. This will open up new depths to their relationship.
Let's work with this...
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Re: Episode/Chapter(s) Idea #2: Hooray! Goten and Trunks Finally Get Character Development!!

Post by Thanos6 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Well, I'd love to see them get more character development, but as my avatar and signature suggest, I want to see them get even closer together. ;)

But even putting aside that, I have trouble seeing these two having any real fights. When you're such good friends that you enjoy merging your minds and bodies on a fairly regular basis, I'm not sure that's a friendship that could ever really be strained.
Trunks & Goten forever

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: Episode/Chapter(s) Idea #2: Hooray! Goten and Trunks Finally Get Character Development!!

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:38 pm

I would love to see Goten and Trunks being the focus of an upcoming arc in which they'll have to deal with the problem alone (not the same crap as the Copy Vegeta arc)

Thanos6 wrote: I want to see them get even closer together. ;)
I need an adult?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:36 am

dbs fanboy wrote:I would love to see Goten and Trunks being the focus of an upcoming arc in which they'll have to deal with the problem alone (not the same crap as the Copy Vegeta arc)

Thanos6 wrote: I want to see them get even closer together. ;)
I need an adult?
Well, once they're grown-up, of course.
Trunks & Goten forever