"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
rs_chaosmaster
Regular
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 pm

"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:52 pm

I had no idea Bang Zoom did a lot of the Aniplex USA dubs and some of them are terrific this could be very interesting. Any idea who all of the possible Bang Zoom Voice Actors are. I am trying to find a list but have not had any luck. If the anime list is anything to go by their are tons of them. I do think they would be better off not trying to imitate the Funimation voice actors. The crazy thing is some of the voice actors for Bang Zoom are also part of Funimation would they be in both??!!

Some LA voice actors i can think of off the top of my head i have started a Bang Zoom Cast Idea for the actors i think that fit some of the roles: I am having a hard time casting Vegeta XD
1. Michelle Ruff- Chi Chi
2. Cherami Leigh- Videl
3. Kyle Hebert- Gohan
4. Max Mittleman-
5. Stephanie Sheh- Android 18
6. Bryce Pappenbrook- Cabba
7. Patrick Seitz-
8. Mela Lee
9.Kaji Tang- Piccolo
10. David Vincent- Hit
11. CRISTINA VALENZUELA
12. Matthew Mercer- Lord Beerus??
13. Erica Mendez- Goten
14. Erica Harlacher- Trunks
15. Steve Blum
16. Keith Silverstein- Freeza & Frost
17. Cassandra Lee Morris
18. Wendee Lee
19. KEVIN M CONNOLLY
20. Kirk Thornton
21. Erik Kimmerer - Goku and Black this role is so hard to cast but he had a Ian Corlett type vibe
22. Lucien Dodge- Zamasu
23. Jameison Price- Hercule
24. Johnny Yong Bosch-
25. Derek Prince
26. Michael Lindsay
27. Vic Mignogna
28. Benjamin Diskin- Future Trunks
29. Kari Wahlgreen- Vados

Let me know what you guys think XD this is again very interesting.

User avatar
8000 Saiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:57 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:I had no idea Bang Zoom did a lot of the Aniplex USA dubs and some of them are terrific this could be very interesting. Any idea who all of the possible Bang Zoom Voice Actors are. I am trying to find a list but have not had any luck. If the anime list is anything to go by their are tons of them. I do think they would be better off not trying to imitate the Funimation voice actors. The crazy thing is some of the voice actors for Bang Zoom are also part of Funimation would they be in both??!!

Some LA voice actors i can think of off the top of my head i have started a Bang Zoom Cast Idea for the actors i think that fit some of the roles: I am having a hard time casting Vegeta XD
1. Michelle Ruff- Chi Chi
2. Cherami Leigh- Videl
3. Kyle Hebert- Gohan
4. Max Mittleman-
5. Stephanie Sheh- Android 18
6. Bryce Pappenbrook- Cabba
7. Patrick Seitz-
8. Mela Lee
9.Kaji Tang- Piccolo
10. David Vincent- Hit
11. CRISTINA VALENZUELA
12. Matthew Mercer- Lord Beerus??
13. Erica Mendez- Goten
14. Erica Harlacher- Trunks
15. Steve Blum
16. Keith Silverstein- Freeza & Frost
17. Cassandra Lee Morris
18. Wendee Lee
19. KEVIN M CONNOLLY
20. Kirk Thornton
21. Erik Kimmerer - Goku and Black this role is so hard to cast but he had a Ian Corlett type vibe
22. Lucien Dodge- Zamasu
23. Jameison Price- Hercule
24. Johnny Yong Bosch-
25. Derek Prince
26. Michael Lindsay
27. Vic Mignogna
28. Benjamin Diskin- Trunks
29. Kari Wahlgreen- Vados

Let me know what you guys think XD this is again very interesting.
I can see Crispin Freeman being a great choice for Vegeta. I'd love to see Steve Blum as well in the role, but he can also play Piccolo or Frieza. I'll laugh if Johnny Yong Bosch is Goku in this dub.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

User avatar
rs_chaosmaster
Regular
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:03 pm

I am down for that Johnny is not a good goku i think the one i chose is the best of the LA talent that i can come up with off the top of my head

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21048
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:34 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
rs_chaosmaster wrote:I had no idea Bang Zoom did a lot of the Aniplex USA dubs and some of them are terrific this could be very interesting. Any idea who all of the possible Bang Zoom Voice Actors are. I am trying to find a list but have not had any luck. If the anime list is anything to go by their are tons of them. I do think they would be better off not trying to imitate the Funimation voice actors. The crazy thing is some of the voice actors for Bang Zoom are also part of Funimation would they be in both??!!

Some LA voice actors i can think of off the top of my head i have started a Bang Zoom Cast Idea for the actors i think that fit some of the roles: I am having a hard time casting Vegeta XD
1. Michelle Ruff- Chi Chi
2. Cherami Leigh- Videl
3. Kyle Hebert- Gohan
4. Max Mittleman-
5. Stephanie Sheh- Android 18
6. Bryce Pappenbrook- Cabba
7. Patrick Seitz-
8. Mela Lee
9.Kaji Tang- Piccolo
10. David Vincent- Hit
11. CRISTINA VALENZUELA
12. Matthew Mercer- Lord Beerus??
13. Erica Mendez- Goten
14. Erica Harlacher- Trunks
15. Steve Blum
16. Keith Silverstein- Freeza & Frost
17. Cassandra Lee Morris
18. Wendee Lee
19. KEVIN M CONNOLLY
20. Kirk Thornton
21. Erik Kimmerer - Goku and Black this role is so hard to cast but he had a Ian Corlett type vibe
22. Lucien Dodge- Zamasu
23. Jameison Price- Hercule
24. Johnny Yong Bosch-
25. Derek Prince
26. Michael Lindsay
27. Vic Mignogna
28. Benjamin Diskin- Trunks
29. Kari Wahlgreen- Vados

Let me know what you guys think XD this is again very interesting.
I can see Crispin Freeman being a great choice for Vegeta. I'd love to see Steve Blum as well in the role, but he can also play Piccolo or Frieza. I'll laugh if Johnny Yong Bosch is Goku in this dub.
I actually think Crispin Freeman could pull off a fantastic Zamasu. He has great range, especially when he plays a villainous character.

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15044
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm excited to hear who they'll pick for Gokû. Dub-wise I liked the lighter (crisper?) voices he had during the Ocean-dubbing-for-Funi long ago and the voice TFS' MasakoX uses for him.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:16 am

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:01 am

I dunno, I think Kaiji Tang's suave-ish voice would probably work better on Vegeta. David Vincent as well, if you want to give him a Gilgamesh performance. Maybe even Doug Erholtz or Christopher Corey Smith. Crispin would work, though. But I think both him and Matt Mercer would be better as Zamasu.

Erik Kimerer is a nice choice for Goku and Black, though. If they can get Mike Sinterniklaas, that'd be awesome. Spike Spencer would be interesting as well.

Derek Stephen Prince can be either Champa or Freeza. Though, I'm down for Keith Silverstein, that'd be an interesting choice. I'm not expecting Steve Blum, even though he really should be Freeza.

Richard Epcar should be Beerus, since they already used Jamieson Price for Mr. Satan.

It'd be pretty interesting if they got Michael McConnohie for the narrator and Kaio.

EDIT: Eh, I'll make a guess. (in the works)
[spoiler]Narrator / Kaio :: Michael McConnohie / Steve Kramer
Son Goku / Goku Black :: Erik Kimerer / Mike Sinterniklaas / Spike Spencer
Vegeta :: David Vincent / Christopher Corey Smith
Beerus :: Richard Epcar
Whis :: Steve Staley / Ezra Weisz
Son Gohan :: Robbie Daymond / Johnny Bosch
Piccolo :: Jalen K Cassell / Marc Dirason
Krillin :: Tony Oliver / Ben Diskin
Son Goten :: Colleen O'Shaughnessey / Julie Ann Taylor
Kid Trunks :: Erica Mendez
Muten Roshi :: Michael McConnohie / Steve Kramer
Tenshinhan :: Marc Dirason / Kirk Thornton
Jaco :: Jason Spisak
Freeza :: Derek Stephen Prince / Keith Silverstein / Steve Blum (I wish)
Champa :: Derek Stephen Prince / Kirk Thornton
Vados :: Megan Hollingshead
Cabba :: Zach Aguilar
Hit :: Kirk Thornton / Keith Silverstein / Dan Woren
Future Trunks :: Lucien Dodge
Zamasu :: Matt Mercer / Crispin Freeman
Gowasu :: Steve Kramer[/spoiler]
Last edited by ConfusedPhantom on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4858
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:14 am

Whoa, there will be another english dub?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14070
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:18 am

It would be funny if we got some of the HG and Final Bout voice actors back for the Toonami Asia dub seeing that some of them are still voice acting. Dan Woren voice Piccolo in FB and he is still voice acting.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 am

Will we get Zamasu and Gowasu though? Asia have only licensed the first 52 episodes.

User avatar
TekTheNinja
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm
Location: The realm of annoyance.

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:50 am

rs_chaosmaster wrote:Vic Mignogna
I'd actually like if he voice someone for the Funimation dub. I might be weird for saying this, but maybe Cabbe or Zamas.
-A bitter fan of the human characters of Dragon Ball.
Chris Sabat wrote:#YamchaForever
saiyanvegetable wrote:Trunks slowly realizes this is not the past he came to when he fought Cell, instead he finds himself trapped in a world with hollow caricatures, a talking cat, and a Goku who beat the heart virus but is suffering from retardation.

User avatar
rs_chaosmaster
Regular
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:31 am

I would prefer Bryce get Cabba in the Funimation dub i think he would be great in that role.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14070
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:29 am

Lex Lang back as Gohan would be cool.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
8000 Saiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:37 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
rs_chaosmaster wrote:I had no idea Bang Zoom did a lot of the Aniplex USA dubs and some of them are terrific this could be very interesting. Any idea who all of the possible Bang Zoom Voice Actors are. I am trying to find a list but have not had any luck. If the anime list is anything to go by their are tons of them. I do think they would be better off not trying to imitate the Funimation voice actors. The crazy thing is some of the voice actors for Bang Zoom are also part of Funimation would they be in both??!!

Some LA voice actors i can think of off the top of my head i have started a Bang Zoom Cast Idea for the actors i think that fit some of the roles: I am having a hard time casting Vegeta XD
1. Michelle Ruff- Chi Chi
2. Cherami Leigh- Videl
3. Kyle Hebert- Gohan
4. Max Mittleman-
5. Stephanie Sheh- Android 18
6. Bryce Pappenbrook- Cabba
7. Patrick Seitz-
8. Mela Lee
9.Kaji Tang- Piccolo
10. David Vincent- Hit
11. CRISTINA VALENZUELA
12. Matthew Mercer- Lord Beerus??
13. Erica Mendez- Goten
14. Erica Harlacher- Trunks
15. Steve Blum
16. Keith Silverstein- Freeza & Frost
17. Cassandra Lee Morris
18. Wendee Lee
19. KEVIN M CONNOLLY
20. Kirk Thornton
21. Erik Kimmerer - Goku and Black this role is so hard to cast but he had a Ian Corlett type vibe
22. Lucien Dodge- Zamasu
23. Jameison Price- Hercule
24. Johnny Yong Bosch-
25. Derek Prince
26. Michael Lindsay
27. Vic Mignogna
28. Benjamin Diskin- Trunks
29. Kari Wahlgreen- Vados

Let me know what you guys think XD this is again very interesting.
I can see Crispin Freeman being a great choice for Vegeta. I'd love to see Steve Blum as well in the role, but he can also play Piccolo or Frieza. I'll laugh if Johnny Yong Bosch is Goku in this dub.
I actually think Crispin Freeman could pull off a fantastic Zamasu. He has great range, especially when he plays a villainous character.
I think he could play Vegeta and Zamasu since he has a great range.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

User avatar
gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 am

rs_chaosmaster wrote:I had no idea Bang Zoom did a lot of the Aniplex USA dubs and some of them are terrific this could be very interesting. Any idea who all of the possible Bang Zoom Voice Actors are. I am trying to find a list but have not had any luck. If the anime list is anything to go by their are tons of them. I do think they would be better off not trying to imitate the Funimation voice actors. The crazy thing is some of the voice actors for Bang Zoom are also part of Funimation would they be in both??!!

Some LA voice actors i can think of off the top of my head i have started a Bang Zoom Cast Idea for the actors i think that fit some of the roles: I am having a hard time casting Vegeta XD
1. Michelle Ruff- Chi Chi
2. Cherami Leigh- Videl
3. Kyle Hebert- Gohan
4. Max Mittleman-
5. Stephanie Sheh- Android 18
6. Bryce Pappenbrook- Cabba
7. Patrick Seitz-
8. Mela Lee
9.Kaji Tang- Piccolo
10. David Vincent- Hit
11. CRISTINA VALENZUELA
12. Matthew Mercer- Lord Beerus??
13. Erica Mendez- Goten
14. Erica Harlacher- Trunks
15. Steve Blum
16. Keith Silverstein- Freeza & Frost
17. Cassandra Lee Morris
18. Wendee Lee
19. KEVIN M CONNOLLY
20. Kirk Thornton
21. Erik Kimmerer - Goku and Black this role is so hard to cast but he had a Ian Corlett type vibe
22. Lucien Dodge- Zamasu
23. Jameison Price- Hercule
24. Johnny Yong Bosch-
25. Derek Prince
26. Michael Lindsay
27. Vic Mignogna
28. Benjamin Diskin- Future Trunks
29. Kari Wahlgreen- Vados

Let me know what you guys think XD this is again very interesting.
It would be interesting if Kyle Hebert voices Gohan in both dubs. Also, since she isn't voicing Trunks in the FUNimation dub, she might voice him in thus dub. Would love of Rachel Lillis or even Veronica Taylor could be in this dub.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

User avatar
TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Aren't most FUNi VAs under contract that prevents them from voicing their characters outside of a FUNi production, though? Or am I wrong?

From my understanding, since Kyle Herbert would be able to come on to voice, say, Future Trunks for Bang Zoom, but wouldn't be able to for Gohan due to already voicing him with FUNimation.

User avatar
Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:23 pm

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:Aren't most FUNi VAs under contract that prevents them from voicing their characters outside of a FUNi production, though? Or am I wrong?

From my understanding, since Kyle Herbert would be able to come on to voice, say, Future Trunks for Bang Zoom, but wouldn't be able to for Gohan due to already voicing him with FUNimation.
I think Sean Schemmel is, but he might the exception rather than the rule.

For the most part I don't really want to speculate too much. I'd like to go into this with an open mind and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I would really, really like to hear Lex Lang as Hit though.

User avatar
huzaifa_ahmed
Regular
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:05 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
I can see Crispin Freeman being a great choice for Vegeta. I'd love to see Steve Blum as well in the role, but he can also play Piccolo or Frieza. I'll laugh if Johnny Yong Bosch is Goku in this dub.
I actually think Crispin Freeman could pull off a fantastic Zamasu. He has great range, especially when he plays a villainous character.
I think he could play Vegeta and Zamasu since he has a great range.
I think we discussed this in another thread...? But if they wanted separate actors, especially as a voice may be too recognizable, I still think Kirk Thornton as Vegeta would be nice. Of course, this is assuming they're not doing FUNi-alikes. I think a separate cast based on the FUNi dub (which I'm not hoping for, but it's certainly a possibility) would be warranted as well.
gokaiblue wrote:
Laura Bailey isnt doing FUNi's dub not necessarily because location, but because money, length of episodes, & to an extent the voice itself. She's a major established VA now, & the only reason she did it is because of FUNi. She wouldnt suddenly do a different version, just because "consistency". & yes, I do believe that Kyle wouldnt do both because exclusive contracts.

User avatar
huzaifa_ahmed
Regular
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It would be funny if we got some of the HG and Final Bout voice actors back for the Toonami Asia dub seeing that some of them are still voice acting. Dan Woren voice Piccolo in FB and he is still voice acting.
Likely there wouldnt be reprisals, but as low-budget (& this dub is no exception - I don't think its union even) as dubs tend to be, there certainly would be crossovers. There just isnt enough money to specifically avoid reprisals, & those dubs are not anything close to being relevant outside of fan trivia.
ConfusedPhantom wrote:I dunno, I think Kaiji Tang's suave-ish voice would probably work better on Vegeta. David Vincent as well, if you want to give him a Gilgamesh performance. Maybe even Doug Erholtz or Christopher Corey Smith.

Crispin would work, though. But I think both him and Matt Mercer would be better as Zamasu.

Erik Kimerer is a nice choice for Goku and Black, though. If they can get Mike Sinterniklaas, that'd be awesome. Spike Spencer would be interesting as well. Derek Stephen Prince can be either Champa or Freeza. Though, I'm down for Keith Silverstein, that'd be an interesting choice. I'm not expecting Steve Blum, even though he really should be Freeza.

Richard Epcar should be Beerus, since they already used Jamieson Price for Mr. Satan.

It'd be pretty interesting if they got Michael McConnohie for the narrator and Kaio.
tbh I see all of those guys, as well as Ray Chase (who was the reporter), as more of Tenshinhan. Doug's snide natural voice would work for Vegeta, maybe even Piccolo. Doug has dubbed a role that Toshio Furukawa voiced - Shin of Hokuto no Ken. Bringing us to Crispin & Matt as Zamasu - both of these guys have dubbed Shinichiro Miki I think, Crispin in Ghost Slayers Ayashi & Doraemon, & Matt in Kill la Kill. It's quite a minor factor in casting, but it does happen during maybe final callbacks, & it is not entirely coincidental that there are dub VAs who dub over previously dubbed actors. It happens in Japan all the time.& SquEnix specifically has requested Richard Epcar for Akio Otsuka several times, because of Batou.

I have also discussed this with numerous people, OP included, on Erik as Goku. I really want Mike, but if he's Buu, that's not happening. Marc Diraison would be an amazing Piccolo. Goten is very good, Trunks is incredibly spot-on, Vados a bit generic, but good too, Jaco isnt happening because this is non-union - Joshua Seth if at all possible would b intrstng, & for Trunks I think Lucien is way too nasally. Kyle McCarley or in fact Tony Oliver would be great as well.

Ben Diskin or Tony Oliver I'm assuming is based on the FUNi dub? I dunno, Ben's voice is much rougher & sort of heavy-souhnding.

EDIT: Eh, I'll make a guess. (in the works)
[spoiler]Narrator / Kaio :: Michael McConnohie / Steve Kramer
Son Goku / Goku Black :: Erik Kimerer / Mike Sinterniklaas / Spike Spencer
Vegeta :: David Vincent / Christopher Corey Smith
Beerus :: Richard Epcar
Whis :: Steve Staley / Ezra Weisz
Son Gohan :: Robbie Daymond / Johnny Bosch
Piccolo :: Jalen K Cassell / Marc Dirason
Krillin :: Tony Oliver / Ben Diskin
Son Goten :: Colleen O'Shaughnessey / Julie Ann Taylor
Kid Trunks :: Erica Mendez
Muten Roshi :: Michael McConnohie / Steve Kramer
Tenshinhan :: Marc Dirason / Kirk Thornton
Jaco :: Jason Spisak
Freeza :: Derek Stephen Prince / Keith Silverstein / Steve Blum (I wish)
Champa :: Derek Stephen Prince / Kirk Thornton
Vados :: Megan Hollingshead
Cabba :: Zach Aguilar
Hit :: Kirk Thornton / Keith Silverstein / Dan Woren
Future Trunks :: Lucien Dodge
Zamasu :: Matt Mercer / Crispin Freeman
Gowasu :: Steve Kramer[/spoiler][/quote]
I have similar feelings on the idea of Steve Blum or Keith Silverstein as Freeza or Piccolo. Steve's voice I feel is a lot like Furukawa, & has a great roughness which suits Piccolo as I see him. He can also do the more feminine-esque voices like Orochimaru (which is what his Freeza would sound like). Keith has a similar voice, but smooth, & he's dubbed Char Aznable, which Steve has also done, as well as Hisoka from HxH. This is probably the best possible choice in my eyes - Steve as Piccolo, Keith as Freeza.

User avatar
VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:39 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I actually think Crispin Freeman could pull off a fantastic Zamasu. He has great range, especially when he plays a villainous character.
I think he could play Vegeta and Zamasu since he has a great range.
I think we discussed this in another thread...? But if they wanted separate actors, especially as a voice may be too recognizable, I still think Kirk Thornton as Vegeta would be nice. Of course, this is assuming they're not doing FUNi-alikes. I think a separate cast based on the FUNi dub (which I'm not hoping for, but it's certainly a possibility) would be warranted as well.
gokaiblue wrote:
Laura Bailey isnt doing FUNi's dub not necessarily because location, but because money, length of episodes, & to an extent the voice itself. She's a major established VA now, & the only reason she did it is because of FUNi. She wouldnt suddenly do a different version, just because "consistency". & yes, I do believe that Kyle wouldnt do both because exclusive contracts.
Yeah, no. Money has nothing to do with the situation. Thanks for making stuff up though.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

User avatar
huzaifa_ahmed
Regular
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:14 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:Yeah, no. Money has nothing to do with the situation. Thanks for making stuff up though.
$ has to do with all situatns, in a way. Typed out a usual essay, but when I turn off airplane, phone dies, for the better: just gon' say "dubs are cheap, FUNi's cheaper, & Laura has better to do. Games/mocap pays well, even 10x better, & I dont mind actors leavng. Games're possbl as its minml dialog, vs 68 eps, & shouldnt be overlookd this's a rough voice. All considrd, Gears/Halo screamng's worth it, vs a post-production job for a DVD/TV audio option. We're honestly lucky we got her back for BoG. I at least hope, as their fan, they're able to keep their *personl* relation even tho business's now entirely terminated.

Defntly not blaming VAs or FUNi - nothing unusual went on here, but does light to the budget & how un/important a dub is. As is, I'm sorta appalled Toei's never cared to support the dub ala Bandai Namco. But as a dub fan (like you!) it was just nice to assume DBZ's safe vs "VAs growin outta dubs". Fans assume Schemmel & Sabat actually enjoy DB's success, when in reality, dubs arnt considrd any part of a show's success, there r 0 residuals. Its funny cuz Schemmel/Hayter loyalism's HUGE. IMO it proves dub producers wrong, that fans care.

Post Reply