"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 pm

gokaiblue wrote:Seems like the dub truly is cancled. Ah well. Maybe they'll get to episode 28 someday.
I'd say it's a safe bet that it's cancelled, but it's not a for-sure bet. The reason I'm not ready to say for certain that it's completely cancelled is that one would think, if it was truly cancelled, that they would have taken it off the air entirely, and not even continued to re-air the previously-dubbed episodes.

That and, well, speaking as a North American Dragon Ball fan...I think my fellow North American fans know a thing or two about watching loops of previously-dubbed episodes, only for newly-dubbed episodes to air one day.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Looks like they've looped back...
https://www.facebook.com/CartoonNetwork ... 34/?type=3
What about this actually indicates they looped? I scrolled theough some of their other posts and the preview images all seem random. One is literally of Ultra Instinct Omen.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:
What about this actually indicates they looped? I scrolled theough some of their other posts and the preview images all seem random. One is literally of Ultra Instinct Omen.
Someone also asked when S3 would air on the post so coupled that with the pic it seems it has looped back.

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nightmare Wheel wrote:
Someone also asked when S3 would air on the post so coupled that with the pic it seems it has looped back.
I already explained why the picture is meaningless.

The question being asked isn't particularly relevent without specifically knowing where they are or what their exact scheduling has been so far.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Nightmare Wheel wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nightmare Wheel wrote: What about this actually indicates they looped? I scrolled theough some of their other posts and the preview images all seem random. One is literally of Ultra Instinct Omen.
I already explained why the picture is meaningless.

The question being asked isn't particularly relevent without specifically knowing where they are or what their exact scheduling has been so far.
Like Robo said the Freeza arc concluded in May and this post was June 10th so if someone is still asking it's safe to assume it hadn't aired, and also given the internet surely we should have heard something?

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Dragon Ball Super has vanished from Toonami India's website...

Is that it? Is it gone?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 pm

I guess this would be at least the second anime English dub starring Lex Lang that was cut short, with the other example being the Manga Entertainment dub of Fist of the North Star. Too bad. It would’ve been interesting to see how they would’ve handled the Future Trunks arc.

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Robo4900 wrote:Dragon Ball Super has vanished from Toonami India's website...

Is that it? Is it gone?
Not so. The website thing is because there's no more Toonami India, but Dragon Ball Super is still being shown on Cartoon Network on a nighty basis.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/ ... 0000760000
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

WitlessMass

Post by WitlessMass » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:22 pm

So I’m from India and I can confirm that new episodes have NOT started airing yet. Its still 1-27 re airing. And I hardly think BZ will be hired back because Toonami Asia was the one who hired them first and Toonami India was just a sub-part of it. The only way DBS is getting a S3 airing in India is if its the Funimation Dub. As of now, Toonami India and Cartoon Network (combined) have aired every Funimation dubbed material excluding Battle of Gods and Resurrection F. This includes OG DB ( tho they never went past red ribbon army), Z, Kai, and all the non cannon movies of DB and DBZ. Super dub might just air but certainly not before the Funimation Dub ends. That’s how it had always been. DBZ has always aired as a daily soap in India and never as a weekly series (until BZ’s Super). Also I can bet that if it does air, it’ll be the Adult Swim version but HEAVILY censored. These guys probably don’t even know that there already exists a toned down dub airing on Toonami Africa. And they never listen to their fans either from what I’ve seen.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:05 pm

Is Bang Zoom's 1-27 still airing in India?

And if so, are any further episodes airing, either from BZ or Funi?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

WitlessMass

Post by WitlessMass » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 pm

They’re still airing 1-27. No nee episodes as of now.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:00 am

Does anyone happen to have a list of premiere dates for this dub?

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:05 pm

I went through the forum and catalogued the dates. As far as I can tell, these should be mostly if not completely accurate! For the first batch, episode dates paired together are Saturdays and Sundays respectively!

January 21st, 2017 - Episode 1.
January 22nd, 2017 - Episode 2.
January 28th, 2017 - Episode 3.
January 29th, 2017 - Episode 4.
February 4th, 2017 - Episode 5.
February 5th, 2017 - Episode 6.
February 11th, 2017 - Episode 7.
February 12th, 2017 - Episode 8.
February 18th, 2017 - Episode 9.
February 19th, 2017 - Episode 10.
February 25th, 2017 - Episode 11.
February 26th, 2017 - Episode 12.
March 5th, 2017 - Episode 13.

This is the end of the first batch of episodes. From March 6th onward, the episodes from this first batch were looped. These first 13 dates are as far as I can confirm accurate. This next part is where the waters do muddy a bit, however.

While not all episodes have a confirmation of airing on the exact date listed, a large portion of this second batch of episodes are confirmed to adhere to the same rules as the first batch from posts in this very forum, except doubled. It seems that at this point, in fact, we were getting 4 episodes in a weekend. With all this info, I believe it’s safe to assume that these episodes also released in packs on Saturday and Sunday on the following dates:

October 28th, 2017 - Episode 14 and 15.
October 29th, 2017 - Episode 16 and 17.
November 4th - Episode 18 and 19.
November 5th - Episode 20 and 21.
November 11th - Episode 22 and 23.
November 12th - Episode 24 and 25.
November 18th - Episode 26 and 27.

As far as I can tell, these are all of the episodes that have been not only released, but recorded of the Bang Zoom! dub of Dragon Ball Super! I hope this helps!
-Insert Something Creative-

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:18 pm

Bless you so much for going through this 70-page thread. That was what I was trying to avoid, hoping someone would just have a list handy. Thank you! 🙇‍♀️

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:28 pm

Terez wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:18 pm Bless you so much for going through this 70-page thread. That was what I was trying to avoid, hoping someone would just have a list handy. Thank you! 🙇‍♀️
The pleasure is all mine, I’ve learned a lot from both your translation work and I’m sure I will learn more from contributions to the wiki! I’m humbled to be able to give something back, even if it is just a list of dates! Hope this info is helpful!

(Edit: Worded my response oddly, can’t access the Wiki yet, meant to say “will learn”. :thumbup: )
-Insert Something Creative-

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:32 pm

For the record, I am not a translator, though I have done typesetting and subtitling work for translators and organized a few projects. (I feel obligated to point this out every time someone mistakes me for a translator, which happens quite often. My Twitter bio even says "Monolingual.")

I have been working on wiki stuff all day so any work saved is a blessing. Thanks again!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:49 pm

Just seen on another forum, as I don't know if it's ever been confirmed but Daniel J Delfin played a member of Freeza's army.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: