I don't think future Trunks is done quite yet.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

I don't think future Trunks is done quite yet.

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:06 pm

I don't think future Trunks' arc is done yet. His "until we meet again" is kind of ominous to be honest. Also, I just can't accept the fact that they're going to leave his time line the way it is. I just hope it's not another case of "my time lines in danger". Maybe the present will be needing help this time? Maybe he becomes a time patroller after all?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: I don't think future Trunks is done quite yet.

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:51 am

kinisking wrote:I don't think future Trunks' arc is done yet. His "until we meet again" is kind of ominous to be honest. Also, I just can't accept the fact that they're going to leave his time line the way it is. I just hope it's not another case of "my time lines in danger". Maybe the present will be needing help this time? Maybe he becomes a time patroller after all?
I dunno....Beerus might just waste him if he comes back again. "Haven't you caused enough problems?".

With all the magical stuff he pulled out of his butt towards the end of the arc I'll be kind of happy if we don't see him again. They changed him from a good character to completely unbelievable. Also the Bulma from his time might never create the time machine without a pressing need to or the notes....and I cant imagine they just let him keep it lol
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:57 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I dunno....Beerus might just waste him if he comes back again. "Haven't you caused enough problems?".

With all the magical stuff he pulled out of his butt towards the end of the arc I'll be kind of happy if we don't see him again. They changed him from a good character to completely unbelievable. Also the Bulma from his time might never create the time machine without a pressing need to or the notes....and I cant imagine they just let him keep it lol
F. Trunks has far more character development and growth in this arc than he ever did in Z. And unless someone's butthurt, it's easy to see he's a great character now.

Anyways I agree OP. 67 ending was anything but closure. I'd be surprised if we never see him again . I hope we do.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:20 am

Abra kadabra wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I dunno....Beerus might just waste him if he comes back again. "Haven't you caused enough problems?".

F. Trunks has far more character development and growth in this arc than he ever did in Z. And unless someone's butthurt, it's easy to see he's a great character now.

Anyways I agree OP. 67 ending was anything but closure. I'd be surprised if we never see him again . I hope we do.
I said nothing about his growth as a character. It's his ridiculously badly written power-ups that turned me off to him. Sorry but it makes the show completely stupid when Trunks can just do random shit it takes others training and time to. It makes literally every training session in the show previous to it look meaningless.

I thought it was full closure personally. If they bring him back its going to be after a while to sell merch. Really hope it doesnt happen, it would be horrible.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:30 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I said nothing about his growth as a character. It's his ridiculously badly written power-ups that turned me off to him. Sorry but it makes the show completely stupid when Trunks can just do random shit it takes others training and time to. It makes literally every training session in the show previous to it look meaningless.

I thought it was full closure personally. If they bring him back its going to be after a while to sell merch. Really hope it doesnt happen, it would be horrible.
He was trained by vegeta and kaioshin in addition to image training on his own. it's also implied he's been training his whole life in order to survive. Also fighting with goku and vegeta against black and zamasu. He got a transformation (albeit not thoroughly expanded on) through unrestrained emotion that's an upgrade from a transformation originally birthed from unrestrained emotion. It is said that Hybrids are stronger than their full blooded counterparts due to human emotion, So I prefer that to a convenient prophecy and ritual or vague god ki training. But opinions.

If you think living in a splintered timeline with duplicates of the people you failed, after your original timeline was erased because a maniacal god killed all your comrades and loved ones is closure, then I have nothing more to say hehe. He's one of dragon ball's most popular characters so I already know he's coming back anyway lel :3
Last edited by Abra kadabra on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:43 am

Why do people complain about Trunks's Power level? He was supposed to be stronger atleast as SSJ3 Goku with just his SSJ2 in the manga, then he trained with Vegeta and won by strategy and he even got a transformation after that.

I mean, it's literally better developed than "Hey, I'm a dying namek, and you're a namek who is weaker than nappa... so put your hand in my chest so I can merge with you and be stronger than 2nd form frieza, even though both of our powers combined should not even be able to fight with his first form" I guess that's gets a free pass because it's dbz
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:46 am

God no, no more Future Trunks BS powerups please..... I facepalmed everytime he appeared in the show when he got that weird form of his for no God damn reason.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:31 am

SansrivaaL wrote:God no, no more Future Trunks BS powerups please..... I facepalmed everytime he appeared in the show when he got that weird form of his for no God damn reason.
I don't mind the form too much but the spirit bomb thing was just bad.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:55 am

Future Trunks will not be done until he becomes what he's destined to be... Time Patroller. I really hope that "ending" was a "provisory" one until we get to see him in his ultimate glory.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:11 pm

He's likely not done considering the ending being so open ended, but I personally have had enough of FT to last at least a good few months.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:17 pm

If you consider that until we meet again..
Yes he is gonna return..
How?
I have a theory..
In multiversal tournament we would need an extra fighter who is also strong, berrus sees anyone except goku and Vegeta are not strong enough.. he says ho ahead and call your trunks from the future, we need to win this tournament no matter what!

Comes future trunks, with his perfected form, an a baby who looks like vegeta..

Meanwhile Gohan is reading a research on "how to not be a lazy ass"
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:If you consider that until we meet again..
Yes he is gonna return..
How?
I have a theory..
In multiversal tournament we would need an extra fighter who is also strong, berrus sees anyone except goku and Vegeta are not strong enough.. he says ho ahead and call your trunks from the future, we need to win this tournament no matter what!

Comes future trunks, with his perfected form, an a baby who looks like vegeta..

Meanwhile Gohan is reading a research on "how to not be a lazy ass"
I think the perfect way to ring bring Trunk back without making things annoying would be in this way, but after the tournament is stoped because a MULTIVERSAL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!! (that could affect anything and everyone)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:38 pm

I think as this stage they should just retire Future Trunks. Yes, the arc was fantastic, but what can you do with the character this stage that wouldn't feel like even more of a retread to what we've already seen?

Future Trunks, I love your character and your arc ruled, but stay the fuck away from the plot for the rest of Super's run.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:10 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I think as this stage they should just retire Future Trunks. Yes, the arc was fantastic, but what can you do with the character this stage that wouldn't feel like even more of a retread to what we've already seen?

Future Trunks, I love your character and your arc ruled, but stay the fuck away from the plot for the rest of Super's run.

Future trunks is my favourite character and he was great in this arc, but even I think he should lay low for a while before he risks of becoming an overused character. (like Goku)
Besides, there are plenty of other characters who are in desperate need of a spotlight.

Gohan always had plenty of attention in DBZ and personally I don't mind if he plays the domestic family-man for the rest of the Super series.
He already had his glory days.

His brother Goten is a different matter however, he's the only half Saiyan who hasn't had any development whatsoever.
So I say it's his turn to get some attention.
And I love to see a bad-ass Piccolo again.
The same goes for Tien, Krillin and 18.