Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by ssjjanemba » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 pm

I don't know about you guys, but i think it would be pretty awesome if we had a huge war in DBS. If we did get this type of arc, how would you want it handled? For me i can see it somehow involving all 12 universes. Would be pretty cool.
Hi

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:48 pm

That's what RF should've been.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13603
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:50 pm

There are plenty of things I would love to do if I were ever given the power to make them happen, but realistically-speaking, Toriyama is not the sort of person to write something so grand in scheme. Even to fulfill the most minimum requirements would be more effort than Toriyama has ever shown capable of exerting.
She/Her | Popsicle Princess

User avatar
ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by ssjjanemba » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:51 pm

sintzu wrote:That's what RF should've been.
Yeah, sadly we just saw fodder get dismantled.
Hi

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by kinisking » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:57 pm

I don't want it. It's never executed that well tbh. I don't think I've liked war arcs besides for the one in one piece and even then it was mostly because of what happened to ace. Super couldn't handle it.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:58 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Toriyama is not the sort of person to write something so grand in scheme.
I think there'll be a lot going on during the 12 universe tournament.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:58 pm

It could be a war between a fallen Angel from one of the six universes that were destroyed by Zeno VS the 12 Gods of Destruction and even Zeno himself, it will be interesting if Zeno has some weakness and he can be threatened in some way.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:59 pm

As long as its fascinatingly bad like episodes 66 & 67, go for it. Super is at its absolute best/most interesting when it just flat out admits it's shit and does its damnedest to prove it to us. A war arc sounds like the perfect opportunity for some more beautiful trash. And yes, I am entirely sincere in my sentiment here.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
ChronoTwigger
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:07 pm

mumble mumble mumble....
altough fascinating, the erasing of all mortal life in the universe was just... told us in a tense.

To spare money, all the war will end by Whis tolding "there was a great war, here!", and a fight with enemies leader.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

User avatar
Makai
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Makai » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm not sure how it would work in this series, but it'd be great to have another arc like the Red Ribbon arc.

User avatar
Hit!!
Regular
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Dominican Republic

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Hit!! » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:50 pm

JulieYBM wrote:There are plenty of things I would love to do if I were ever given the power to make them happen, but realistically-speaking, Toriyama is not the sort of person to write something so grand in scheme. Even to fulfill the most minimum requirements would be more effort than Toriyama has ever shown capable of exerting.
Small parenthesis* What anime is your avatar from??? Just for investigation purposes of course :lol:

Back to the actual subject; when i first heard of the universe six arc, in a Toriyama interview where he said that Universe 7 would be fighting against universe 6, thought he was talking about some kind of war. I was hoping for that to happen, but then again, its Toriyama we're talking about lol

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Dragon Ball isn't the kind of series to have a proper war arc.
Retired.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13603
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:44 pm

I imagine whatever plethora of characters we meet during the All Universe Tournament will fulfill the requirement of a 'war' arc, assuming Toriyama really goes through with such a thing.
Hit!! wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:There are plenty of things I would love to do if I were ever given the power to make them happen, but realistically-speaking, Toriyama is not the sort of person to write something so grand in scheme. Even to fulfill the most minimum requirements would be more effort than Toriyama has ever shown capable of exerting.
Small parenthesis* What anime is your avatar from??? Just for investigation purposes of course :lol:

Back to the actual subject; when i first heard of the universe six arc, in a Toriyama interview where he said that Universe 7 would be fighting against universe 6, thought he was talking about some kind of war. I was hoping for that to happen, but then again, its Toriyama we're talking about lol
My avatar is cut from the illustrations of the great 23 (also known as Real_XXIII; Pixiv, Twitter). They're not based on an anime, they are 23's original characters...which he has yet to name. Fans call them Dark Skin Girl and Ahoge Girl in the interim. 23 used to draw independent comics, but for the past few years he has been working only on his illustrations and the occasional eroge art. Nevertheless, these girls are perfect! The easily embarrassed Dark Skin Girl and her perpetually-horny wife Ahoge Girl have one of the greatest love stories of all time! Pay special attention to their wedding fingers to tell when in the timeline each illustration is set!
She/Her | Popsicle Princess

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Zeru14 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:26 pm

Would love one, if only to get all the cast back to the front lines. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece had these and all the characters got their moments to shine, got power ups and character development. They didn't just buy time for the titular characters to show up(RoF), they had their own boss fights to win, and they knew they had to find a way to win, for the sake of their side winning overall.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Toriyama is not the sort of person to write something so grand in scheme.
I think there'll be a lot going on during the 12 universe tournament.
Nope, I agree with Jacob here, not toriyama's style to do this type of thing.
Which is what makes me think the big scale tournament will be interrupted at any costs..
New threat seals Zeno and starts killing kaioshins from shadows until it's too late.. ya something like that
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:47 pm
Location: SEGMENTVM SOLAR

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:41 pm

To be honest, I've always liked the idea of some kind of "Final War" arc. I kind of saw it in the form of every villain being resurrected and given some kind of power up so they can give a decent fight to the good guys. Sort of like this:
Image
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 pm

Esfír Dedragón wrote:To be honest, I've always liked the idea of some kind of "Final War" arc. I kind of saw it in the form of every villain being resurrected and given some kind of power up so they can give a decent fight to the good guys. Sort of like this:
Image
That's what the Super 17 arc could've been if it wasn't 6 episodes.
Ki Breaker wrote:New threat seals Zeno and starts killing kaioshins from shadows until it's too late.. ya something like that
I hope we get something like this but I also want a full tournament between the 12 universes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:47 pm
Location: SEGMENTVM SOLAR

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
Esfír Dedragón wrote:To be honest, I've always liked the idea of some kind of "Final War" arc. I kind of saw it in the form of every villain being resurrected and given some kind of power up so they can give a decent fight to the good guys. Sort of like this:
Image

That's what the Super 17 arc could've been if it wasn't 6 episodes.

Ki Breaker wrote:New threat seals Zeno and starts killing kaioshins from shadows until it's too late.. ya something like that
I hope we get something like this but I also want a full tournament between the 12 universes.
Which is probably why I didn't really hate the Super 17 arc that much. I just felt that it was too short (6 episodes? Really?!) and that it focused on one major villain too much.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:59 pm

Esfír Dedragón wrote:
Which is probably why I didn't really hate the Super 17 arc that much. I just felt that it was too short (6 episodes? Really?!) and that it focused on one major villain too much.
I assure you , you do not wanna know how long super can make it, with its track record of rushing every thing in its path, I wouldn't be surprised if they finish a multiversal war within an episode..
What's the rush? I seriously don't understand it.. more episodes means more box sets and more money right so why..
If animation is the issue make them stand around talking and power up, it's not like db never did that hell it's known for it, that's what even Naruto does, still frames most of the episodes..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Re: Anyone else hoping for a War arc in DBS?

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 am

kinisking wrote:I don't want it. It's never executed that well tbh. I don't think I've liked war arcs besides for the one in one piece and even then it was mostly because of what happened to ace. Super couldn't handle it.
Yeah I agree and look at what wars arcs did to other series for a example, the Fake Karakura Town of Bleach completely destroyed the popularity of Bleach and its fanbase. Hell Anime News Network which rarely even puts out negative articles and did article on it call what happened to Bleach? And the fourth great ninja war arc of Naruto is almost universally considered by the Naruto fanbase to be by far the worse arc. And the main resaon why the marinefold had turn good was because Ace actually died.

Plus what the hell would they even fight over? Whats stopping Zeno from one shotting who the enemy is? Whats stopping Whis from speedblizting everyone on the enemy team who is not his level?

And there are Two Zeno's now as well. The gods will never be threatened.

Post Reply