End of (Dragon Ball) Z timeline

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZPolk01

End of (Dragon Ball) Z timeline

Post by ZPolk01 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:27 pm

In one of the last episodes of Dragon Ball Z, or one of the few last manga panels in Dragon Ball, according the original Jap translations...
Goku says that he last saw Bulma 5 years ago.. but then Bulma points out that he couldn't come because he had to train (now referencing the upcoming Universal Survival Arc).. but it seems they last saw each other in Age 780 (an upcoming canon episode where Bulma and Vegeta's second child Bra is born).. and then the last few manga panels of the original Dragon Ball manga/Last few episodes of Dragon Ball Z, take place in Age 784.. now if my math is correct, that's 4 years ago, not 5. But hey, I guess it's been that long, so Bulma lost count of years.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: End of (Dragon Ball) Z timeline

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Man, this has been discussed a lot by now. :yawn:

Yeah, we know that it has been said they don't see each other for five years, but give more time to the series, maybe this will be the last saga that will reunite everyone. It could happen something to them afterwards that don't require an assemble, and so we'll assume Bulma just rounded it up. Then there'll be a timeskip to AGE 784 to finally introduce Uub.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 pm

It can still fit if you really want it to: 780, 781, 782, 783, 784. That's five years. Not full years, but still technically five years. However, with everything else going on, and that will seemingly continue to go on so long as Super keeps making all the monies, the line has probably been tossed out at this point.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:57 pm

If they saw each other last time in 779, the timeline will be like this:

AGE 775 - Battle of Gods
AGE 776 - Ressurrection of Freeza and Pan's Birth
AGE 777 - Champa's Tournament and Future Trunks Saga
AGE 778 - Multiversal Tournament and Bra's Birth

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:35 pm

I think Champa's Tournament and Future Trunks Saga still takes place in AGE 780 since Trunks went back 17 years into the past. As for the manga ending, I don't think they really care anymore. Goku did said that Buu was the strongest villain that he has fought when we had way more stronger villains. Not to mention the decade of "Peace" is no longer relevant.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Dai-Saiyajin wrote:If they saw each other last time in 779, the timeline will be like this:

AGE 775 - Battle of Gods
Honestly, I would wait until we get official Ages. I think they don't say anything on purpose. Especially in the Toyotarou manga at chapter 14, you see a piece of newspaper 'No.17, No.18 defeat' and '....th anniversary" without showing for how many years they're dead.

Pans and Bras birthday might not the same years as mentioned in older guidebooks. But you might be right with your list.
It all depends on how will Super end and if EoZ will be changed or not.
By now, it's just speculation.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Dai-Saiyajin wrote:If they saw each other last time in 779, the timeline will be like this:

AGE 775 - Battle of Gods
That contradicts Tarble's OVA, stated to take place in AGE 776. Luckily that's not the case, though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:23 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It can still fit if you really want it to: 780, 781, 782, 783, 784. That's five years. Not full years, but still technically five years. However, with everything else going on, and that will seemingly continue to go on so long as Super keeps making all the monies, the line has probably been tossed out at this point.
Super could easily skip to a point after the EoZ. In fact, most of us would love for it to. I won't go so far as to say I'm predicting it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were the last arc within the time gap.
Retired.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Super could easily skip to a point after the EoZ. In fact, most of us would love for it to. I won't go so far as to say I'm predicting it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were the last arc within the time gap.
We'll eventually have to move beyond the End of Z if they want to keep making content to push merchandise. However, I doubt this arc is it. Toriyama has no inherent desire to step outside this time gap due to the idea that most of the cast is no longer in their prime. So I imagine they'll continue to keep new content contained to it for as long as they can.

Personally, I don't see what it matters. We're only 4 years away as it is. Doodle some redesigns, either for retelling that content or just new content beyond it, and move on. You have a hermit who is already hundreds of years old in the cast, and Bluma's parents haven't aged a day since their introduction despite being ooooold. Age is only an artificial problem of the creator in this world...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:27 am

I would love to see the next generation of Teen Trunks, Teen Goten, Kid Uub, Pan and Bulla get more screentime and development, to finally see Toriyama make a design for Teen Goten as a SSJ(since Teen Trunks has the same hair style we already know what he'll look like) and of course Teen Gotenks.