The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: Other Gods of Destruction and their angels.

Post by Simere » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:14 am

I like basic designs, so I really enjoy the egyptian looking goddess.

precita
Banned

Re: The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:15 am

Sad thing is we won't see most of these God's do any fighting, since the tournament is for mortals and the God's themselves don't participate.

So clown man, Harley, Elephant man, Egyptian man, etc. we'll never see them do more than just stand around from the sidelines.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:14 am

The designs are interesting on the whole.

My favourite designs are the elephant, and the Sailor Moon-looking angel (Harley Quinn, please :roll: ). I'm looking forward to seeing who their voice actors are, and what they do.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:18 am

precita wrote:Sad thing is we won't see most of these God's do any fighting, since the tournament is for mortals and the God's themselves don't participate.

So clown man, Harley, Elephant man, Egyptian man, etc. we'll never see them do more than just stand around from the sidelines.
Or, this arc is more than a tournament and the gods actually fight
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:18 am

precita wrote:Sad thing is we won't see most of these God's do any fighting, since the tournament is for mortals and the God's themselves don't participate.

We've barely seen Champa do anything besides two scuffles with Beerus and threatening to kill his participants, so that's not too surprising.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:33 am

Could it that two universes don't participate? We only see 10 universes represetants in the trailer...
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:38 am

Low Tone G wrote:Could it that two universes don't participate? We only see 10 universes represetants in the trailer...
Not likely. That "dwarf" God of Destruction we saw earlier isn't featured in this trailer either.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:39 am

Low Tone G wrote:Could it that two universes don't participate? We only see 10 universes represetants in the trailer...

Maybe they don't want to fight in risk losing their world and said universes are blown up to show the other Universes that Zeno means business?

Idk lol but its possible!

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:58 am

I wonder if all of the angels are Whis' brothers and sisters.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:44 am

I'm very pleased by these new designs. The clown one in particular is very good and fits very well, didn't really saw that coming. The mysterious cloaked dude really caught my attention. I feel like the clown's universe will be one of the major players in the tournament. The angel is so fucking adorable, never expected another angel to be even cuter than Vados.

Really nice to see Gowasu again, and an elephant God of Destruction...looks neat. After the recent Zamasu incident, I'm very intrigued too see the interactions between our guys and the Universe 10 people.

I also really love the one with the female god and the Legolas-lookalike angel. And apparently the angel revealed in the recent V-Jump issue is the attendant of the fox god, I guess the assumption that he and God of Destruction Gimili not having the same shapes in their outfits points towards them not being in the same universe turned out to be true.

Overall, I really love most of these new characters, the only one I didn't like that much is the robot god, but I can't get a good look at it so my opinion might change.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:06 am

They are looking good, I'm particularly interested in that shady guy near the Ronald McDonald/Joker Hakaishin. Wonder who he is and what role he will have.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:52 am

Love all of these designs very much!! Not a single one I dislike. Favourite obviously being the Elephant GoD followed by that little rock one and then the Clown one. Gah can't wait :D

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 am

Female Broly....this girl will be one of the most overrated characters in DBS with millions of fanboys and will be considered the best female character in the anime...i know.

I'm hyped with the Gods, most of them are not so original, but omg can't wait! I don't like robot God, Magetta style....meeh.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:40 am

emperior wrote:They are looking good, I'm particularly interested in that shady guy near the Ronald McDonald/Joker Hakaishin. Wonder who he is and what role he will have.
All gods should end up just being managers unless they want Zeno to kill them.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:47 am

clown design sucks period , so random and ugly, at least i would like it if that thing looked like Hisoka.
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... -Hisok.jpg

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:51 am

It seems it's missing two Gods of Destruction, hopefully one of them is based on greek mythology.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:52 am

It would be interesting to see how the hakaishin interact with each other. Specially the clown and Beerus, since the former and his hooded pal seems to be the main baddies of the arc.

And I am -positively- surprised to see more than one token female character. Sure, is only one goddess and two (maybe three) angels, but my expectatives where really low. And there's still two more pantheons to know!.
BTW, no one is paying attention to the poor angel girl with the braid, she's being totally eclipsed by Harley Quinn. Still, I think U10 is going to be one of the more actives universes in this saga, at least the gods.

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:05 am

Did you guys notice that the gods of destruction on their outfit has their number in symbols

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:18 am

Diggz92 wrote:Did you guys notice that the gods of destruction on their outfit has their number in symbols
This is a really interesting observation! Mind elaborating?

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:19 am

Diggz92 wrote:Did you guys notice that the gods of destruction on their outfit has their number in symbols
Yeah, like Beerus 3 diamonds on his stash, which Whis also has the same symbols. Both Champa and Vados are the same.