The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: The New Gods of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Does anyone wish tracksuit or Great Saiyaman was Gohan's outfit for this? He looks really, really bland with Goku already having his default gi on. At least get rid of Goku's and bring back the F one if Gohan's gonna get the Boo arc one.
I'd rather him have his early boo arc gi, but I don't think he looks bland because of the orange gi. It's the glasses and his hair that makes him look blander than usual.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

RalfHookman

Post by RalfHookman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 pm

I have to say I like the variety among angels. They all seem good to me. Nothing too extraordinary, nothing too boring. I am actually amazed that they decided to introduce fat ones. Whis and Vados seemed like totally flawless.

Gods of Destruction are more than I expected. I just love the nods to real life gods and different franchises. I find them more believable than those from the famous fanart that most of you should know by now (it was around since BoG release on DVD). Some of them were over-the-top, while the official ones are down to earth. I guess that people don't like official GoDs because they wear identical attire. I guess if it was various, people would like them more. As for me, I like that they are similar since they represent the same status!

My favs, beside Beerus and Champa, are the Ganesha GoD, Mouse GoD (maybe a simple design, but love this guy's smile) and the Robot GoD. I really don't like the lizard-like one. I hope his universe would be defeated first. He gives me goosebumps.

As for the Kaioshins. Well, I like the one with the glasses the most. Gonna root for that Robot GoD universe. Anyway, seeing a lot of Kaioshins, U6 Kaioshin, as someone mentioned either in this thread or somewhere else, looks odd. His colors just scream with that magenta uniform (it is magenta, right!?). What is more, I find it lazy that all Kaioshins wear white boots, except for U7. Was it really hard to drop some colors here and there? I doubt.

Good to see Gowasu back. Love this dude!

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:31 am

Honestly I'd prefer a completely new outfit for Gohan
Every character got one in Super, why not him?

But hey, Orange gi will always be better than that green tracksuit for sure

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:34 am

As for the gods, I like them all
I'm literally dying to know more of them

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:06 pm

I think I know the one who would be the best at attack evasion and impossible to catch
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:43 pm

I like them all and I can't wait for Heroes to start cherning out new attacks for them all.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I think I know the one who would be the best at attack evasion and impossible to catch
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He better be impossible to catch because we have two Toms there, Beerus and Champa
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:36 pm

I wonder if we will find how the GoD's are pick? I see people think the Fox god was originally from U9 and Beerus & Champa are originally from U11. It would be funny if the Robot GoD was originally from Planet M2 :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:36 pm

kinisking wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Does anyone wish tracksuit or Great Saiyaman was Gohan's outfit for this? He looks really, really bland with Goku already having his default gi on. At least get rid of Goku's and bring back the F one if Gohan's gonna get the Boo arc one.
I'd rather him have his early boo arc gi, but I don't think he looks bland because of the orange gi. It's the glasses and his hair that makes him look blander than usual.
I actually like the glasses on his copy Goku outfit... Anyway yeah watching Buu Kai that one he wore while teaching Videl and Goten looks pretty good actually.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:44 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I think I know the one who would be the best at attack evasion and impossible to catch
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He better be impossible to catch because we have two Toms there, Beerus and Champa

I wonder if he's Beerus' enemy since he's a mouse and beerus is a cat. lol

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:46 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I wonder if he's Beerus' enemy since he's a mouse and beerus is a cat. lol
You can bet that Universe 10's god will not be his biggest fan.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
I actually like the glasses on his copy Goku outfit... Anyway yeah watching Buu Kai that one he wore while teaching Videl and Goten looks pretty good actually.
His glasses make his eyes smaller because they're trying to fit them in the glasses. That's my biggest problem with them.

Also copy Goku ? Let's not pretend like Krillin doesn't pull that outfit off the best :)
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:39 pm

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote: I'd rather him have his early boo arc gi, but I don't think he looks bland because of the orange gi. It's the glasses and his hair that makes him look blander than usual.
His glasses make his eyes smaller because they're trying to fit them in the glasses. That's my biggest problem with them.

Also copy Goku ? Let's not pretend like Krillin doesn't pull that outfit off the best :)
He should just have either the tracksuit or the Saiyanman outfit, preferably the latter since that's a unique look for Gohan himself and that whole persona is one of the most unique things about him. Just putting him in Goku's suit brings him back to bland as fuck days of Ultimate Gohan.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I actually like the glasses on his copy Goku outfit... Anyway yeah watching Buu Kai that one he wore while teaching Videl and Goten looks pretty good actually.

He should just have either the tracksuit or the Saiyanman outfit, preferably the latter since that's a unique look for Gohan himself and that whole persona is one of the most unique things about him. Just putting him in Goku's suit brings him back to bland as fuck days of Ultimate Gohan.
Green really does work well on Gohan as does Purple.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:44 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I actually like the glasses on his copy Goku outfit... Anyway yeah watching Buu Kai that one he wore while teaching Videl and Goten looks pretty good actually.

I loved ultimate Gohan, personality and design wise. I think he looked better in that outfit than Goku. It also made since considering that it was supposed to be a passing of the torch haha.

Anything but the track suit... ffs. Boo arc GI is the best but the great saiyaman outfit is also great.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:50 pm

The mouse god is so fucking shit.
I like the others though and every angel too.
Sad U10's god doesn't have only one tusk.
Really love Cleopatra, the fox and the triton-like dude.

Also, agreed about Gohan's outfit. If Goku was in his F gi, I would be 100% fine with it, but two nearly identical characters wearing the same outfit is pretty boring. Kame-Sennin and Tenshinhan are wearing their F clothes. Why don't Goku and Vegeta? :x
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Draconic wrote:The mouse god is so fucking shit.
I like the others though and every angel too.
Sad U10's god doesn't have only one tusk.
Really love Cleopatra, the fox and the triton-like dude.

Also, agreed about Gohan's outfit. If Goku was in his F gi, I would be 100% fine with it, but two nearly identical characters wearing the same outfit is pretty boring. Kame-Sennin and Tenshinhan are wearing their F clothes. Why don't Goku and Vegeta? :x
Because Money my friend, is the reason why Goku and Vegeta are in their old gi. But damn I would love to see gohan with piccolo gi and Vegeta without his armor
Mostly active on discord.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:04 pm

RalfHookman wrote:I have to say I like the variety among angels. They all seem good to me. Nothing too extraordinary, nothing too boring. I am actually amazed that they decided to introduce fat ones. Whis and Vados seemed like totally flawless.

Gods of Destruction are more than I expected. I just love the nods to real life gods and different franchises. I find them more believable than those from the famous fanart that most of you should know by now (it was around since BoG release on DVD). Some of them were over-the-top, while the official ones are down to earth. I guess that people don't like official GoDs because they wear identical attire. I guess if it was various, people would like them more. As for me, I like that they are similar since they represent the same status!

My favs, beside Beerus and Champa, are the Ganesha GoD, Mouse GoD (maybe a simple design, but love this guy's smile) and the Robot GoD. I really don't like the lizard-like one. I hope his universe would be defeated first. He gives me goosebumps.

As for the Kaioshins. Well, I like the one with the glasses the most. Gonna root for that Robot GoD universe. Anyway, seeing a lot of Kaioshins, U6 Kaioshin, as someone mentioned either in this thread or somewhere else, looks odd. His colors just scream with that magenta uniform (it is magenta, right!?). What is more, I find it lazy that all Kaioshins wear white boots, except for U7. Was it really hard to drop some colors here and there? I doubt.

Good to see Gowasu back. Love this dude!
Not a fan of the creature from the black lagoon?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Jerry was a huge jerk lol. I like the mouse god because he seems like an arrogant little guy. From the episode, he gave me sort of a Gorgonzola feel to him from Chowder.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm

The elephant trample the fuzzy.
The mouse scare the elephant.
The cat eat the mouse.
The chupacabra bloodsuck the cat.
The robot mince the chupa.
The fish drowse the robot.
The other cat eat the fish.
The fox rip the cat.
The queen hunt the fox.
The clown trick the queen.
The dwarf maim the clown.
The fuzzy backstab the dwarf.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 pm

A friend of mine thinks the Fox is the strongest because he has two shapes on his neck sash instead of one like the other gods. However, do we even know that he does have 2 shapes? My friend is basing this off those fan made creations of the 12 gods that those youtubers use, but i don't recall getting a good picture of the Fox god's front (except the designs under his torso) because he has his arms crossed... If he does have 2 shapes though i'd be curious as to why since every other GoD really does have just one shape.