Your thoughts on the new opening song.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Your thoughts on the new opening song.

Post by RehBeh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:49 am

Personally i prefer this much more than Chozetsu Dynamic. It has a different feeling to it... If that makes sense.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Kishido
Banned

Re: Your thoughts on the new opening song.

Post by Kishido » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:50 am

It is by far better

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:27 am

Get the same vibe I do from it I do from "We Gotta Power!". The series is ready to go off the rails. Great change.

Really happy we got something energetic that isn't as generically modern-shonen as any of Kai's openings too.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:31 am

Hikawa Kiyoshi's vocals has energy. It has got good visuals for the most part. It is boarded and directed well by a good director and Gokuu looks fucking dope throughout the OP. Hell yeah! It is far better than the 1st OP which was boring as hell.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:32 am

It's good, the only complaint I have is there is waaay too much grey alien vs Goku fight
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:38 am

I liked the Previous one more . But maybe i will get used to this

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:39 am

Visual wise this is by far the best OP in DB history, with the song included then probably 2nd, Cha-la's way too good to be replaced.
Still this OP's GOAT, compared to the 1st one which didnt deliver any hype for me, this one nailed the hype starting from the beggining to end.
Those bits with Goku V Bald dude, Gohan meditating then goes mystic, Roshi removing his glasses with a classic badass way on doin it, and the best part, Goku going form by form and lastly going for a new one involving red aura+SSJB effects

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:42 am

It was awesome!

It fits the new kickass feel the tournament is bringing in. I like Chozetsu Dynamic, but this one scales up the action and intensity.

And it has some great lyrics too, my favourite is "the door to impossibilities is still locked, oh well I'll just break through the wall again."
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:53 am

It's probably one of the best Dragon Ball opening song. It's definitely on par with Cha-La Head Cha-La and We Gotta Power.
And the visuals are INCREDIBLE.
It's so universal tournament centered that I'm now sure this arc is going to last for a long time.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 am

It was one of the best openings :thumbup:

And I'm guessing the amount of theories about Goku having a new red form (the part where he uses the Kaioken in the intro) will be through the roof for the next couple of months.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 am

Just awesome!! It creates hype while keeping the element of mystery.Animation and art wise,this might be the best looking opening the franchise has seen so far.Overall I'm pretty pleased & I can't wait how things will unfold!!
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:03 am

Song-wise, I have to admit - I still enjoy the first opening a lot more than most did I think. It took a little to grow on me, but it definitely did. I'm actually going to miss it a little bit too - I guess I finally get what 'Head Cha La' being the first Z opening means to so many people. :P The new song though is not bad by any means. It starts off just kinda okay, but towards the middle it takes off in a grand way and doesn't let up from there. I'm super eager to hear what the full version sounds like.

Opening animation-wise, the new intro wins, hand's down. Far more exciting things going on in this one overall.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:10 am

Goku vs the guy wearing Red and Black surely can't be the main rival as they wouldn't give it away that much.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:59 am

Great song, so much energy put into it, but Goku vs the Grey dude took up like half of it!
but then again, Gohan's meditation and lightning aura :o :shock:

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:44 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Visual wise this is by far the best OP in DB history, with the song included then probably 2nd, Cha-la's way too good to be replaced.
Still this OP's GOAT, compared to the 1st one which didnt deliver any hype for me, this one nailed the hype starting from the beggining to end.
Those bits with Goku V Bald dude, Gohan meditating then goes mystic, Roshi removing his glasses with a classic badass way on doin it, and the best part, Goku going form by form and lastly going for a new one involving red aura+SSJB effects
Agree 100% with you.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:46 am

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:Great song, so much energy put into it, but Goku vs the Grey dude took up like half of it!
but then again, Gohan's meditation and lightning aura :o :shock:
That bald guy is probably this arc's Hit, that's why they spend so much animating him.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:10 am

Does somebody have any info on the full version? I'm in love with this but it's so short!
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:26 am

Man this intro screams 'DBZ' I love it. Like, yeah, I enjoy Dragon Soul, Head Cha-La, Dan Dan Kokoro and all that...

But deep in my heart? Rock The Dragon and Faulconer all the way. Guitar Riffs, epic japanese that I don't fucking understand, this opening gets me ready for Anything! Just like when I was a kid getting ready to watch Toonami!

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:38 am

MyNiggaGoku wrote:Just awesome!! It creates hype while keeping the element of mystery.Animation and art wise,this might be the best looking opening the franchise has seen so far.Overall I'm pretty pleased & I can't wait how things will unfold!!
It has great art-style and animation indeed.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:41 am

Didn't Goku cut that Red aura with an attack so maybe that was just an opponents attack and him having that smug face is becuase the attack did nothing.