(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kibbles

(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by kibbles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:56 am

okay so the new opening theme is sick, duh. but watch it again a couple of times. i'm sure most of us can agree that the best part is goku fighting.
in the opening we see him fighting in his base form, then he goes to super saiyan (i'm pretty sure his eyes flashed gold for like half a frame (sarcasm) while he was going super saiyan), then he goes super saiyan blue. i know it's just the opening but sometimes they like to put little easter eggs in their opening, so this might be relevant. it seems like goku is putting out a lot more power than usual in these transformations, especially the super saiyan. whatever, anyway...

after he goes super saiyan blue in the opening we see him like he's powering up even more in red aura. i think this could be two things. either it was just symbolizing him using kaioken to boost his power very quickly, or he was attempting to reach a different form.
it could be either, but i like to think he's attempting to reach a different form. after the red aura explosion we see him emerging from the red aura. his hair is black but his hair style looks like the super saiyan hair, and he has a steam like aura around him. if it's symbolizing a new form then it will either be ultimate goku or a base god form.

of course, it could just be hair physics, and the steam could just be symbolizing after effects of kaioken overload. in the next scene we see him battling like normal again.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:13 am

I'd love it if it was like this old AF style Super concept I made back when the series was announced:

My idea behind that was that the form had too high a concentration of God ki, which sent Goku into a frenzy until he expels enough of it to revert to normal. Basically a more violent and dangerous, but way more powerful Kaioken.

Yes, that was a joke thread, but I did have some ideas behind some of them. :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:26 am

Metalwario64 wrote:My idea behind that was that the form had too high a concentration of God ki, which sent Goku into a frenzy until he expels enough of it to revert to normal. Basically a more violent and dangerous, but way more powerful Kaioken.
That's what false Ssj did when he fought Slug in movie 4 so they could do that again.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:33 am

sintzu wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:My idea behind that was that the form had too high a concentration of God ki, which sent Goku into a frenzy until he expels enough of it to revert to normal. Basically a more violent and dangerous, but way more powerful Kaioken.
That's what false Ssj did when he fought Slug in movie 4 so they could do that again.
Yeah, kinda, but he just kind of reverted when he was surprised at Slugg regenerating or whatever (which was always a tad disappointing, since it was the movie's namesake), but in this case he'd be forced to expel all of the God ki, which makes it more risky.

I'm thinking more of Metroid Prime 3's Hypermode, I suppose. :mrgreen:

The coolest thing of the teased form is that it's based on red, which is awesome since SSG was tossed aside so quickly. This might be a more permanent version of that form that he can trigger at will.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:54 am

It's possible it could be either. If it is Kaioken, I wouldn't mind if it was called Perfect Kaioken or something along those lines so that the stress and side effects of the technique have lessened severely. Of course, I wouldn't mind if it's a new transformation as well.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:17 am

100% sure it will be a transformation that fits well with the colors of Goku gi, that's why he's back to it.
So he will have either black, red or yellow hair. No blue and no new color.
At first my theory was that the trailer shows us exactly what it is: no physical change. But that would be too simple for Toriyama too and there should be a physical change, even if minimal, to show us when Goku reaches the new form.
Black hair spiking up could do it, and it would look cool too. Or it could be a red SSJ form (Goku using all the SSG power while transformed)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:23 am

Just so you know, Goku's hair goes up while in Kaioken too:
https://youtu.be/1Iuq_W0wxbg?t=1m56s

I think it'll be a mastered Kaioken or something

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:33 am

If it does turn out to be a new form, I hope he gets it through rage again like back then in Freeza arc, that would deliver a lot more hype than a form that he was mastering.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:51 am

emperior wrote:100% sure it will be a transformation that fits well with the colors of Goku gi, that's why he's back to it.
But he's been back to it for the past two major arcs.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:
emperior wrote:100% sure it will be a transformation that fits well with the colors of Goku gi, that's why he's back to it.
But he's been back to it for the past two major arcs.
Well we needed vegetto for one don't know about the other one though, maybe because of kaioken..

And it definitely won't be mystic goku, that would be way too similar to gohan who is also mystic now going from the op
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:31 am

mute_proxy wrote:I think it'll be a mastered Kaioken or something
Good one, that could very well be it.
SansrivaaL wrote:If it does turn out to be a new form, I hope he gets it through rage again like back then in Freeza arc, that would deliver a lot more hype than a form that he was mastering.
Well, Whis's observations on the transormations was criticised about rage, and hints about limitations. Somewhere there, they understood the Leaking of KI thing. It feels like Toriyama wants to evolve from Rage to Control.

PS, the only thing that i liked about SSG, was its "back to basics" form. While the method and look of it is definitely dead, the whole point of it feels like there is a lot of things left behind, and somehow might make it back.

...besides, all the damn gods are skinny as eff. Goku might turn all super-anorexic
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am

mute_proxy wrote:Just so you know, Goku's hair goes up while in Kaioken too:

There will be some BS nonsense about how mastering Kaioken with Blue leads to internalizing that power and so Goku doesn't need to transform anymore.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 am

MathSSJ wrote:

There will be some BS nonsense about how mastering Kaioken with Blue leads to internalizing that power and so Goku doesn't need to transform anymore.
Dunno, but the ability to use Kaioken fully without the physical repercussions would be insane :)

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:59 am

Didn't Whis say something about Goku and Vegeta not needing SS forms after they gain full control of their power? Maybe that's what we're seeing?

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Didn't Whis say something about Goku and Vegeta not needing SS forms after they gain full control of their power? Maybe that's what we're seeing?
Something like that, he does hint a dislike for tranformations
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 am

If they are making a form where Goku has full access to all his power in Base, I hope they do a good job of differentiating it from Ultimate. Giving Ultimate the standard DB aura with white/blue lightning while Goku's looks like this eerie shroud of mist would be a good way to go about this.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MKJ

Post by MKJ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 am

It's funny that when I first saw BOG and Goku seemed to have a boost to his base after he lost the ssg form my first thought was that this is Toriyamas way of putting him at or above Gohan' s Ultimate form while still in base. Not saying it was or wasn't, but Goku at some point always surpasses everyone. Based on the New opening and the Whis hint about not needing transformation my initial thought may have been on the right track on some level. Can't wait to find out.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:34 pm

The hair in the OP is a lot more refined also the Kaioken never covers the user to the point they cannot be seen plus the fact it is too ambiguous of a tease are telling me it isn't Kaioken, I would prefer a new form over mastering of Kaioken it is supposed to be a flawed technique that has pretty much been the whole point of it mastering it will take away from it so much.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

The hair in the OP is a lot more refined also the Kaioken never covers the user to the point they cannot be seen plus the fact it is too ambiguous of a tease are telling me it isn't Kaioken, I would prefer a new form over mastering of Kaioken it is supposed to be a flawed technique that has pretty much been the whole point of it mastering it will take away from it so much.
You really can't use "Refined" as an argument, because everything in Super is refined, it's the current artstyle. And I think the contrary that a new transformation would take away a lot more from the show itself than a mastered older technique.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:45 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

You really can't use "Refined" as an argument, because everything in Super is refined, it's the current artstyle. And I think the contrary that a new transformation would take away a lot more from the show itself than a mastered older technique.
How would it? New transformations have always been a thing and we are due one in Super. The whole point Kaioken was it was supposed to a last resort type of thing, this was reaffirmed when Kaio talked to Goku in Super saying using it recklessly again could end his fighting life, he used it briefly in the Trunks arc to where it was described as life risking. I don't see how it is possible to master it but if they do go down that route then it just destroys the whole point of the technique.