(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Misirius

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by Misirius » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:06 am

Yep, it's Mastered God Ki, almost for sure.

Once they master God Ki, they lost the need to transform, just like the Gods of Destruction.

I always hoped for a really strong base form, now it's here (I suppose) :D

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:06 am

Guys have you forget about this scene at the beginning of Super??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HANWltM87U

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:21 am

Misirius wrote:Yep, it's Mastered God Ki, almost for sure.

Once they master God Ki, they lost the need to transform, just like the Gods of Destruction.

I always hoped for a really strong base form, now it's here (I suppose) :D
I'm totally with you man! :D
That concept is totally awesome!! Clean, simple, "perfect" and COMPLETE!

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:29 am

But isn't Saiyan beyond God just a perfected base form? The only thing missing from that one is God Ki
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:09 pm

So there is a number 9 in the poster. Does anyone know what it is for? I can't think of anything.

Also, the fact that it has black hair mixed with blue tips is fascinating. The red aura makes me think of SSGod.

I wonder if he is combining SSG, SSB, and Base.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:23 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:I wonder if he is combining SSG, SSB, and Base.
That would be an interesting concept.

Also, didn't Toriyama mention that he only wanted Goku to improve his base and Super Saiyan forms after BoG? Super Saiyan Blue was technically just an alternate version of Super Saiyan, so this could be an alternate version of base -- perhaps an even more advanced form of "Saiyan beyond God".

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:But isn't Saiyan beyond God just a perfected base form? The only thing missing from that one is God Ki
Saiyan Beyond God was only in Heroes. Goku's base form is just extremely powerful.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm

I really like the way it looks from behind. I like that I have to guess what color change (if any) there'll be to his irises.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Chuquita wrote:I really like the way it looks from behind. I like that I have to guess what color change (if any) there'll be to his irises.
My guess, purple eyes or eyes like SS3/G but blue in the inside and red on the outside, and then red hair with blue tips... :P

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I really like the way it looks from behind. I like that I have to guess what color change (if any) there'll be to his irises.
My guess, purple eyes or eyes like SS3/G but blue in the inside and red on the outside, and then red hair with blue tips... :P
I'm looking forward to it. I'm interested to see how they'll blend.

It also makes that thing Freeza showed Gokû a few weeks ago using red and blue ki feel like intentional foreshadowing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 pm

I would really dig it if SSGSS2 (wow, that's long) had purple hair. I'd finally have the same hair color as a Saiyan form. We could call it "Super Saiyan Purple" like SSB is short for SSGSS. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case, cuz from what's been teased and others have said, this new power from Goku is more of him perfecting the Kaioken form of Super Saiyan Blue, allowing him to "break his limits", which what this arc is all about after all.

That and Goku mentioning to Vegeta that couldn't defeat Toppo is his blue form suggests a new level for Goku. Hopefully we'll get to see something similar for Vegeta and Gohan, particularly Gohan, like him surprising everyone and makin' Piccolo cry tears of pride when he goes Super Saiyan God at the end of one of these tournament episodes while fighting one of the Pride troopers.

Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:06 pm

If this is indeed a new transformation or form, the thing that would really separate it from the pack would be for it to NOT be a Super Saiyan form. There's been the Great Ape transformation, Kaioken as a sort-of "form/state", and then everything after has been in the Super Saiyan category. It's hard to think of a way for Goku to exceed SSB without tapping into SS power, but maybe it's some sort of equivalent to Gohan's "ultimate" form, as this thread states.
Maybe it draws out the full power of Super Saiyan, God ki, and Kaioken together in an instant, similar to the quick micro transformations that have appeared in the manga recently.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:I wonder if he is combining SSG, SSB, and Base.
That would be an interesting concept.

Also, didn't Toriyama mention that he only wanted Goku to improve his base and Super Saiyan forms after BoG? Super Saiyan Blue was technically just an alternate version of Super Saiyan, so this could be an alternate version of base -- perhaps an even more advanced form of "Saiyan beyond God".
Toriyama said that Goku realized that it would be better to improve his base form and SSJ after the BoG, due to the fact that the stronger his normal form, the stronger he will become as he changes.
It would not make sense for him to train on SSJ2 or 3 for example, because he would spend a lot of energy and training would not be effective.

Whis even talked about it in their training.

SSB is not just an alternate version of SSJ.

It would be easier to classify as a variation of the SSG transformation in anime, and in manga actually as a direct evolution of that transformation
Since Goku also becomes a deity in this form.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:I would really dig it if SSGSS2 (wow, that's long) had purple hair. I'd finally have the same hair color as a Saiyan form. We could call it "Super Saiyan Purple" like SSB is short for SSGSS. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case, cuz from what's been teased and others have said, this new power from Goku is more of him perfecting the Kaioken form of Super Saiyan Blue, allowing him to "break his limits", which what this arc is all about after all.

That and Goku mentioning to Vegeta that couldn't defeat Toppo is his blue form suggests a new level for Goku. Hopefully we'll get to see something similar for Vegeta and Gohan, particularly Gohan, like him surprising everyone and makin' Piccolo cry tears of pride when he goes Super Saiyan God at the end of one of these tournament episodes while fighting one of the Pride troopers.
there's no such thing. the god transformations are separate from actual super saiyan transformations. it doesn't make much sense for them to have stages like super saiyan. there are only different types of god transformations like red, blue, rose, etc.

super saiyan god (red) in the anime seems to only be attainable by the ritual, unless they change that this arc (hopefully they do since i prefer the design to ss red). super saiyan blue is a particular technique and requires training, so it doesn't make sense that gohan will suddenly attain either of them. there are enough saiyans in the tournament to perform the ritual, but only in a specific scenario would it make sense for them to do so, since the ritual drains all power from the participating saiyans, and it takes a while for the ritual to be complete.

the only scenario it makes sense for the saiyans in the tournament to use the ritual is if:
1. the tournament time limit will end in a draw between at least 2 universes (only one of them being either universe 7 or 6, unless there is a tie between at least 4 universes). and i still believe this will happen. after this, the tournament will be decided by rounds like 1v1.
2. if twin universe can work together to survive together.
3. if the deciding battle is between a saiyan (not goku or vegeta) from u7 or u6 and they are way outmatched. the ritual will be used to give them a boost of power to win the final battle.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:41 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:SSB is not just an alternate version of SSJ.

It would be easier to classify as a variation of the SSG transformation in anime, and in manga actually as a direct evolution of that transformation
It's quite literally an alternate version of Super Saiyan, albeit a "godly" one. Goku's dialogue and multiple pieces of supplementary material specifically defined Blue as the result of a base Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God going Super Saiyan.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:If this is indeed a new transformation or form, the thing that would really separate it from the pack would be for it to NOT be a Super Saiyan form. There's been the Great Ape transformation, Kaioken as a sort-of "form/state", and then everything after has been in the Super Saiyan category. It's hard to think of a way for Goku to exceed SSB without tapping into SS power, but maybe it's some sort of equivalent to Gohan's "ultimate" form, as this thread states.
Maybe it draws out the full power of Super Saiyan, God ki, and Kaioken together in an instant, similar to the quick micro transformations that have appeared in the manga recently.
it will most likely be related to super saiyan since he is a saiyan, unless it is like an ultimate form which is unlocked through other means. kaioken is a technique. anything from this point forward will be about energy manipulation, which seems to have been the case from the beginning anyway. hmmm

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:02 am

Whatever the form Goku gets. Still won't cause Jiren to be late for dinner.

lol

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 am

Marlowe89 wrote:

It's quite literally an alternate version of Super Saiyan, albeit a "godly" one. Goku's dialogue and multiple pieces of supplementary material specifically defined Blue as the result of a base Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God going Super Saiyan.
I guess it depends on how you see it, SSGSS is all about perfected Ki control Goku is able to do things in SSGSS he can't in normal SS such as KK all the way up to x10, in that regard SSGSS and SS are completely different with the only similarities being the aesthetic hair.

The way I see/saw it is SSGSS s/was a true Saiyan's calling, I hated how every Saiyan post Freeza got the gold SS imo it killed the whole myth and intrigue about it, Goku went through literal hell against Freeza to unlock where all he needed to do was find a tingly feeling in his back. :roll:, so I love how they haven't spammed SSGSS to everyone, still don't like the idea of Vegeta getting it but I'll let that slide.

I actually had a theory a while back that Saiyans used to be a god race or at least descendants from one before being cast away and that is why the SSG exists in the first place, and why SSGSS is the first time "mortals" have been seen in verse with god ki, and God3 might actually be the true power of the Saiyans.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I guess it depends on how you see it, SSGSS is all about perfected Ki control Goku is able to do things in SSGSS he can't in normal SS such as KK all the way up to x10, in that regard SSGSS and SS are completely different with the only similarities being the aesthetic hair.
Oh, I definitely didn't mean to imply that Blue doesn't have its own unique mechanics. Like you said, unlike the vanilla Super Saiyan it's a calm form with God ki and excellent ki control to boot, enabling the use of additional techniques like Kaioken that wouldn't otherwise be possible in Super Saiyan. It was also implied that Goku and Vegeta could further improve the strength it provides, which may suggest it doesn't have a static multiplier. As far as the individual benefits go, it's as distinct as it can possibly get.

I guess what I meant is that it's considered the "godly" version of Super Saiyan officially, with Goku's SSG-absorbed normal state being the "godly" version of base. Functionally, of course, it's vastly different from the yellow forms.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:

I guess it depends on how you see it, SSGSS is all about perfected Ki control Goku is able to do things in SSGSS he can't in normal SS such as KK all the way up to x10, in that regard SSGSS and SS are completely different with the only similarities being the aesthetic hair.

The way I see/saw it is SSGSS s/was a true Saiyan's calling, I hated how every Saiyan post Freeza got the gold SS imo it killed the whole myth and intrigue about it, Goku went through literal hell against Freeza to unlock where all he needed to do was find a tingly feeling in his back. :roll:, so I love how they haven't spammed SSGSS to everyone, still don't like the idea of Vegeta getting it but I'll let that slide.

I actually had a theory a while back that Saiyans used to be a god race or at least descendants from one before being cast away and that is why the SSG exists in the first place, and why SSGSS is the first time "mortals" have been seen in verse with god ki, and God3 might actually be the true power of the Saiyans.
So the U7 Saiyans suck. We only had to look at Cabba during the Champa Saga to know that. Super Saiyan was never special.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.