So will "my boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: So will "my boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Yeah, but then peace comes again and we all know what that means: Gohan goes back to being a scholar, slacking off on his training, and thus the cycle repeats. They've made it obvious in the show that you have to keep training, you can't stop or you'll lose your strength level quick.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun May 07, 2017 2:59 am

Ultimately (pun intended) I'm happy Gohan is relevant in the show again. That's all I can ask for after seeing his Great Saiyaman buffoonery. But if I was to get a bit greedy and expect something out of Gohan, then I'd like to see beat someone on Cabba's level in the ToP. I think if Gohan pulled off something like that, I'd be ecstatic.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Sun May 07, 2017 3:06 am

Oh man I cant wait for Ultimate Gohan vs Goku next week.

I wanna see it now!!!!!

Maybe ill take a xanax blackout dose every day to speed time up for me.....

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 07, 2017 4:17 am

MasterVampire wrote:Oh man I cant wait for Ultimate Gohan vs Goku next week.

I wanna see it now!!!!!
It's gonna be really good, I am remembering gohan told goku the exact same thing in HTC about showing him his full power so he can surpass it, if they added the same line here, you bet gohan is getting that blue level..
Maybe ill take a xanax blackout dose every day to speed time up for me.....
You mean you don't? All of us basically drown in it till the next episode, how can you possibly manage to get through the week without it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun May 07, 2017 4:28 am

Ultimate Gohan vs Goku next week, what a fight that's going to be. Having been stronger than all SS3 characters in Z, his next logical wall is the SSG / SSB level, which is probably where I would place him after episode 90 in the tournament, unless Goku teaches him something or he gets it out of him...

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun May 07, 2017 4:58 pm

KingKaash wrote:Ultimately (pun intended) I'm happy Gohan is relevant in the show again. That's all I can ask for after seeing his Great Saiyaman buffoonery. But if I was to get a bit greedy and expect something out of Gohan, then I'd like to see beat someone on Cabba's level in the ToP. I think if Gohan pulled off something like that, I'd be ecstatic.
Gohan should be able to easily beat Cabba now. If next episode he's fighting SSJ2 Goku it means he's at the very least twice as strong as Cabba.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun May 07, 2017 5:52 pm

I think It's bad writing how Gohan is saying "I'm going to surpass you" to Goku, considering at the EOZ Gohan is shown to settle down again, and from the looks of it. Gave up on fighting life.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 07, 2017 5:55 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:I think It's bad writing how Gohan is saying "I'm going to surpass you" to Goku, considering at the EOZ Gohan is shown to settle down again, and from the looks of it. Gave up on fighting life.
EOZ Gohan is still a few years after where we are in Super.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 pm

precita wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:I think It's bad writing how Gohan is saying "I'm going to surpass you" to Goku, considering at the EOZ Gohan is shown to settle down again, and from the looks of it. Gave up on fighting life.
True, so he'll have all that power just to lose it all a few years later?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 07, 2017 5:59 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
precita wrote:
True, so he'll have all that power just to lose it all a few years later?
He doesn't need to lose it to stop caring about fighting again.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 07, 2017 6:09 pm

It's not that odd to think both Gohan and Krillin would go back to their ordinary peaceful lives after the tournament ends.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 pm

His every moment doesn't have to be consumed with training and fighting like Goku for him to keep up.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Will the bang take full control this week?!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Man, after Buu got axed from the tournament I would have been so pissed if Gohan got screwed again.

My one hope now is they don't totally screw up Gohan during the actual tournament. For all we know he could still lose terribly to someone or not getting any real wins, so Gohan isn't "safe" just yet.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri May 12, 2017 1:08 am

emperior wrote:
KingKaash wrote:Ultimately (pun intended) I'm happy Gohan is relevant in the show again. That's all I can ask for after seeing his Great Saiyaman buffoonery. But if I was to get a bit greedy and expect something out of Gohan, then I'd like to see beat someone on Cabba's level in the ToP. I think if Gohan pulled off something like that, I'd be ecstatic.
Gohan should be able to easily beat Cabba now. If next episode he's fighting SSJ2 Goku it means he's at the very least twice as strong as Cabba.
While your logic makes total sense, this is DB where power levels are not an exact science. So I'd caution you to not get your hopes up into believing Gohan can wipe the floor with someone on Cabba's level. Anything is possible
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 am

Gohan can rest assure that he's not the only one who lost his gi at one point in his life. Happened to Consuela on Family Guy, too. :lol:

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 am

Yes, yes he can :clap: