Do you want Goku to get punished at the end of Universe Tournament act?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Do you want Goku to get punished at the end of Universe Tournament act?

Post by HeroR » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:29 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:To a degree, yes. But not a severe punishment. Like, maybe disable his ability to utilise ki for a week. I mean, coming up for a punishment for a guy like Goku is very difficult to even begin with.
No eating for a week sounds like a good punishment for him.
Given that he's a Saiyan, that could possibly kill him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:05 pm

sintzu wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:After Frieza, the ruler of space, they went to two teenage hooligans who wanted revenge on Goku and a bug from the future.
Who were stronger than Freeza and who gave them more trouble then he ever could.
They were stronger yes, but the overall scale of their threat was much smaller. Frieza terrorized the galaxy for more than 20 years. Even in the future timeline, the Androids remained on Earth. Cell could have been a cosmic threat but he was killed before that. But the Androids and Cell were specifically out to kill Goku and his friends, whereas they just had the bad luck of crossing paths with Frieza over the dragon balls. As long as the heroes have something at stake, I think a smaller scope arc would work just fine.

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:15 am

MagmonKai wrote:
Booze Sama wrote:What I'm interested in is who the next 'big bad' will be since Goku will become the undisputed Universal Champion, having fought the entire multiverse's cream of the crop.

Goku didn't even beat hit. It was more like a draw. So I doubt Goku will be the "undisputed champion".... that's ridiculous.
Hit is weaker than Goku, he's just got superior techniques that trump brute strength. Without his techniques, he's toast and Goku continues to best him every fight. Goku was the undisputed champ in U7 after defeating Buu, and he will reign supreme in this arc too.

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:19 am

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: It can be someone stronger. look at Black and Zamasu, they'd never take part in a torunament yet they're among the strongest villains so they could come up with countless new stronger villains.
But they didn't. Black is Zamasu in Goku's body and Zamasu is just an immortal whose a weakling.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:22 am

I want him to get punished, but knowing the super dbs are a prize, they'll probably just use them to fix whatever the Omni Kings destroy and no one will see the point in punishing him then.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 am

SsjCookie wrote:Whis already pointed out his weakness in battle and that is his overconfidence, I'm pretty sure it will bite him in the ass eventually. :twisted:
So yeah, I do want him to get some sort of punishment for his irresponsible and selfish actions.
Goku's flaw was exploited in the same story Whis referenced it. That was one of the setups Resurrection F (film & arc) built.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:29 am

Lord Beerus wrote:To a degree, yes. But not a severe punishment. Like, maybe disable his ability to utilise ki for a week. I mean, coming up for a punishment for a guy like Goku is very difficult to even begin with.
He can't cook to save his life, just have nobody could for him for a while.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:34 am

omaro34 wrote:
Dude lived alone his childhood, he can survive just fine
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Yeah he could survive no question about it but after living with Chi-Chi's cooking for so many years I can imagine him not having any cooking all of a sudden would be a good punishment.

Remember when him and Gohan went to the ROSAT? When they came out they were starved and had were dying for a home cooked meal.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 pm

omaro34 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Yeah he could survive no question about it but after living with Chi-Chi's cooking for so many years I can imagine him not having any cooking all of a sudden would be a good punishment.

Remember when him and Gohan went to the ROSAT? When they came out they were starved and had were dying for a home cooked meal.
Yeah, that scene slipped my mind, he would still be able to survive though, for many many years
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:36 pm

omaro34 wrote:

Goku spent three years with Vegeta without a home cook meal. Vegeta was the one drooling over Chi-Chi's grill, while Goku calmly ate.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:40 pm

sintzu wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:After Frieza, the ruler of space, they went to two teenage hooligans who wanted revenge on Goku and a bug from the future.
Who were stronger than Freeza and who gave them more trouble then he ever could.
Can you explain, "gave them more trouble then he ever could." As the heroes get stronger, obviously the villains get stronger or you have no story. That's very simple logic that can be summed up as the next threat always being the biggest threat. If you're going to use that logic, Frieza gave them more trouble by being the latest threat and being immeasurably stronger with his golden form. Not to mention, he destroyed the earth and survived, with the heroes needing to rewind time to win. However, I think it's deeper than that, with respect to time frame, character personalities, and motivation.

Strictly speaking of the Frieza saga, Frieza spent years as ruler of the universe. There was never a question of what he was willing to do because he was already doing it. He's already destroyed many planets and billions of lives. He enslaved the strongest race that could oppose him. His manpower allowed him to spread his influence without lifting a finger. Frieza's resume makes him a universal threat before the first time he even appears on screen. No amount of selfishness or ignorance on Goku or Vegeta's part led to Frieza becoming what he was, and there was no hyperbolic time chamber on Namek for them to use as a crutch to increase strength.

Frieza's not a martial artist, nor does he seek a challenge. He seeks domination. He planned on killing everyone on Namek that challenged him. He wasn't letting anyone live for the thrill of fighting them again. Super Saiyan was the only hope. There was no time to get stronger.

Also, Frieza was seeking immortality, and with the Dragonballs, that goal wasn't too farfetched. Gohan and Krillin had to find the Dragonballs first, and Frieza was so much of a problem they had to teamup with Vegeta to survive.

How in the world did the androids and Cell cause more trouble?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Are you saying Goku gets punished?. Uh oh. You know what that means! Making a shitty GoAnimate video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5GGWQaYYYQ
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 pm

He deserves at the least a punch in the face, and from someone who can actually hurt him, not Bulma or Chi Chi.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:27 pm

FoolsGil wrote:He deserves at the least a punch in the face, and from someone who can actually hurt him, not Bulma or Chi Chi.
Berrus punched his chest when he got back and he was in considerable pain ( but super had to rush through that too, so most probably missed it )

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Disabling his god Ki is one option (would also make for a retcon with GT in case they decided to continue super after the events of omega shenron ), only to introduce a new situation where the Gods decide to let enable Goku's God ki again, in order to do some labor for them (perhaps an alternate dimension suicide mission). This would open up the possibility of a SSJGSS4.

I also expect his interference with the future timeline (future Zeno not evidence enough?) to somewhat be considered. Ultimately, they could do a universal prison arc.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Yes, no bacon for a month!
That'll teach him :twisted: