Do you want Goku to get punished at the end of Universe Tournament act?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Do you want Goku to get punished at the end of Universe Tournament act?

Post by coola » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:46 pm

One of main complaints i have with Dragon Ball (Not just Super) is that Goku do so many reckless things and get away with it, but after this tournament, Omni king wil destroy all universes that lose, so Goku will cause more people to die than Beerus and Freeza, would you like Goku o be somehow punished for what he did, or have him finally change?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Do you want Goku to get punished at the end of Universe Tournament act?

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:48 pm

I don't see it. They'll use the Super Dragon Balls to revive everyone, Zeno will probably learn to have morality and everyone will go back to Earth for the next 10 arcs we can cram into the last year Goku & Bulma should see one another in.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:49 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I don't see it. They'll use the Super Dragon Balls to revive everyone, Zeno will probably learn to have morality and everyone will go back to Earth for the next 10 arcs we can cram into the last year Goku & Bulma should see one another in.
Never lose hope. This may be the last arc set in the 10-year time period.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:50 pm

coola wrote:but after this tournament, Omni king wil destroy all universes that lose
We'll see about that. ;)

I do want a lot to see Beerus completely losing it and attack Goku, I want 20 mns non stop god tier animation fight. :mrgreen:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I don't see it. They'll use the Super Dragon Balls to revive everyone, Zeno will probably learn to have morality and everyone will go back to Earth for the next 10 arcs we can cram into the last year Goku & Bulma should see one another in.
Never lose hope. This may be the last arc set in the 10-year time period.
Even that, unless they go for a multiversal war or something, Super really has nowhere left go after this. Not with the current cast anyway which I doubt they will ditch. They're too afraid to get rid of Goku & Vegeta's standard clothing.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:04 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Even that, unless they go for a multiversal war or something, Super really has nowhere left go after this. Not with the current cast anyway which I doubt they will ditch. They're too afraid to get rid of Goku & Vegeta's standard clothing.
They may just introduce Toribot as a legitimate entity, then the Shounen Jump staff, then make a tournament where the loser gets his series cancelled.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:05 pm

I don't know about "punished." That depends on how the arc develops. But I do want him to get knocked down a peg or ten and really taken to task over his careless and disrespectful behavior. Goku being reckless with his own life like he was in the Hit mini-arc is one thing but what's happening right now is an entirely different matter. Enough people have called him out in the last two episodes that I think he is being deliberately set up for a big serving of humble pie.
ekrolo2 wrote:Even that, unless they go for a multiversal war or something, Super really has nowhere left go after this. Not with the current cast anyway which I doubt they will ditch. They're too afraid to get rid of Goku & Vegeta's standard clothing.
The next arc doesn't have to be bigger than the tournament. After Frieza, the ruler of space, they went to two teenage hooligans who wanted revenge on Goku and a bug from the future.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:The next arc doesn't have to be bigger than the tournament. After Frieza, the ruler of space, they went to two teenage hooligans who wanted revenge on Goku and a bug from the future.
And that didn't really work throughout most of its execution. Unlike the early stuff where Toriyama managed to naturally include several stronger things after making Goku one of the top 5 of Earth after the second freaking arc, he botched making legitimate Post-Namek threats.

Plus there's nothing characterwise left to do with him after this. I mean, there is, but Goku's sole trait is "Look guys! I'm selfish and make everyone's lives harder than they need to be! Don't you just love my worn out shtick?!"

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 pm

What I'm interested in is who the next 'big bad' will be since Goku will become the undisputed Universal Champion, having fought the entire multiverse's cream of the crop.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 pm

He probably should. He most likely won't be the favorite among the other gods, but I don't really want a Goku blame fest by the other characters for several episodes.

But he could use a stern talking to. A time out. Maybe bed without supper.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Whis already pointed out his weakness in battle and that is his overconfidence, I'm pretty sure it will bite him in the ass eventually. :twisted:
So yeah, I do want him to get some sort of punishment for his irresponsible and selfish actions.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Booze Sama wrote:What I'm interested in is who the next 'big bad' will be since Goku will become the undisputed Universal Champion, having fought the entire multiverse's cream of the crop.

Goku didn't even beat hit. It was more like a draw. So I doubt Goku will be the "undisputed champion".... that's ridiculous.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:10 pm

To a degree, yes. But not a severe punishment. Like, maybe disable his ability to utilise ki for a week. I mean, coming up for a punishment for a guy like Goku is very difficult to even begin with.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:38 pm

I don't want Goku to suffer a severe punishment, but he would be punished nonetheless. Like say Whis traps Goku in some sort of chamber for a day's worth of time for Goku's somewhat disobeying attitude towards Beerus and Whis.

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Yes I do. One of the things I liked a lot about this latest episode was that Goku's rash actions were treated with actual weight and gravitas, Beerus chewed the crap out of Goku and even Whis seemed subtly disappointed, although that may have just been me reading too deep into it. I doubt they'll let him off the hook without some sort of consequence.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Octorockandroll wrote:Yes I do. One of the things I liked a lot about this latest episode was that Goku's rash actions were treated with actual weight and gravitas, Beerus chewed the crap out of Goku and even Whis seemed subtly disappointed, although that may have just been me reading too deep into it. I doubt they'll let him off the hook without some sort of consequence.
Whis showed practically no feelings at all to any of this. Beerus however did chew Goku out though, though he only chewed him out for wanting him to take responsibility.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:To a degree, yes. But not a severe punishment. Like, maybe disable his ability to utilise ki for a week. I mean, coming up for a punishment for a guy like Goku is very difficult to even begin with.
No eating for a week sounds like a good punishment for him.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:They're too afraid to get rid of Goku & Vegeta's standard clothing.
Pretty much this.

Punishing Goku somehow will require them to move on with a new main character (Vegeta or F Trunks) but if they won't even change his Gi then there's no way they're changing him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
Octorockandroll wrote:Yes I do. One of the things I liked a lot about this latest episode was that Goku's rash actions were treated with actual weight and gravitas, Beerus chewed the crap out of Goku and even Whis seemed subtly disappointed, although that may have just been me reading too deep into it. I doubt they'll let him off the hook without some sort of consequence.
Whis showed practically no feelings at all to any of this. Beerus however did chew Goku out though, though he only chewed him out for wanting him to take responsibility.
I pretty much take Whis employing a neutral expression as a subtle display of negative feeling just because of how he is the rest of the time.

Again, just so its clear, I'm aware I'm reaching there.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Coming up for a punishment for a guy like Goku is very difficult to even begin with.
Beerus and Whis could stop bringing him to their planet while Vegeta gets stronger and takes over for awhile as the main character.

Or they could lock him up somewhere for an arc.
Booze Sama wrote:What I'm interested in is who the next 'big bad' will be since Goku will become the undisputed Universal Champion, having fought the entire multiverse's cream of the crop.
It can be someone stronger. look at Black and Zamasu, they'd never take part in a torunament yet they're among the strongest villains so they could come up with countless new stronger villains.
BlueBasilisk wrote:After Frieza, the ruler of space, they went to two teenage hooligans who wanted revenge on Goku and a bug from the future.
Who were stronger than Freeza and who gave them more trouble then he ever could.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.