Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Hmm. So I found a few Japanese sites that sell gashapon on bulk about ¥7000 for 50 capsules, thinking I could flog each on eBay for around ¥800-1000 which they seem to sell for on there I could be looking at some healthy profit. They also sell figure bulks too but they're wayyy too much obviously.

¥7000 is too much to risk if I can't flog them. You guys think it's risky too?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Well may aswell finish my back log of figure reviews:

Dragon Ball Super FES Stage 1 SSGSS Goku and SS Goku:
Sculptor: Hiroyuki Nakazawa
Release: August 2017

Packaging:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nice colour contrast of red and blue.

SSGSS:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Best regular prize figure SSGSS Goku by far. Love the paintjob on this, especially the fact his gi as a dirty brown colouring mixed in the orange really sells that Goku is in midst of battle. Love the slight curved boots! Ya'll no how much I love curved boots! Also love the details on the wrist bands! Creases for the win! The blue hair as depth in colour with different shades of blue used. Looks great! Also protruding bang sticking out is there! Only con is the back spikes of the hair it has a bottom layer of thin spikes that a lot of SS figures have and it looks eh, wish he did like the SS below.

SS:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The back hair mould looks great as you can see no think bottom row of spikes! Overall a nice figure, love the pose, taken from Nakatsuru art! Also curved boots!

This line just shows what a beast Nakazawa is! He may not love SS but he sure does make damn good SS figures!

Master Stars Piece The Vegeta

Sculptor: Unkonwn
Release: Early 2016

Packaging standard MSP:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Figure:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

For the time it was best we would be getting. Standard MSP though height over detail. Very plan. Paintjob is meh to say the least, though I do like the gold coloring on the armour, however the blue sploges on the white to depict aura is poorly executed. Also opted for night time SSGSS hair colour. Very basic figure. Would recommend if you come across a good-ish deal like around 2000 yen.

The Figure Collection Super Saiyan God Goku

Sculptor:Hiroyuki Nakazawa
Release: Late 2015

Packaging:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Standard TFC.

Figure:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
This line of prize figures were on the small scale and didn't give Nakazawa-san anything to work his magic on instead his colouring skills are on show as that is the best part of this figure by far, the ribbon laces to white trim it is all there! Unfortunately would have preferred a better facial expression. Cannot wait for Nakazawa to do SS4 in the FES Line! Since there isn't many options for SSG I would recommend this over the movie DXF one and it is still available for a good price too.

Up next I'll be taking a look at the various gashapon sets and the Premium HG line once my "Omen" set arrives! Then we'll all be caught up :)

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:12 am

Nice review! Kinda want the SSB Vegeta MSP since I have the SSB Goku one and they would probably pair up really well on a display. Just ordered the Spirit Bomb Base Form Goku off ebay for $36 though. Little bit over its current value but I’m pretty sure I would’ve paid about the same buying from Mandarake. May post a review on that when I get it. Speaking of expensive figures though, why is every Beerus figure so expensive now? The DXF, the TFC, and even the SH Figuarts is creeping up in price.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:17 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Nice review! Kinda want the SSB Vegeta MSP since I have the SSB Goku one and they would probably pair up really well on a display. Just ordered the Spirit Bomb Base Form Goku off ebay for $36 though. Little bit over its current value but I’m pretty sure I would’ve paid about the same buying from Mandarake. May post a review on that when I get it. Speaking of expensive figures though, why is every Beerus figure so expensive now? The DXF, the TFC, and even the SH Figuarts is creeping up in price.
Surprisinly the SS version of the Spirit Bomb is still more cheaper than the base. Would have thought it would the other way around.

As for Beerus. Well... Banpresto didn't know how he'll be received for the movie DXF line so vol 2. him and Whis weren't produced in that much quantity. The TFC line was basically everyone who missed out on the DXF went for that one, so over a few years that's become harder to get now too as a result. For some reason Banpresto haven't bothered to do another regular prize figure Beerus since, given Beerus' long stay in DBS would have thought they would've by now.

Just gashapons and WCFs seem the best bet for Beerus at the moment.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 am

Udm #31 and VS #06 coloured, just waiting for their posters and we get to finally see great "Omen" promo art!

UDM #31 (April Week 5)
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Interestingly "Omen" here has Toriyama's ribbon laces...

VS #06 (April Week 5)
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Quality looks great. 2018 man :thumbup:

Looks like all the good stuff this month is coming at the back end.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Sadly this only applies to North America (as that's the only location these shops ship these) but I made a document compiling all of the Banpresto DB figures/statues from December 2017 onwards along with links to all of the official Banpresto shops to buy them from and the status they are in (In Stock, Out of Stock, etc). For those interested in buying from here, just be aware that they tend to sell out faster than you may think https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cTt ... sp=sharing

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Speaking of things selling out fast, looks like UI Goku is immensely popular! Despite the WCF not being under produced it's going up because well it's being sought after. Probably explains why your UI Goku hasn't dispatched yet. Regret not picking one up for ¥800 thinking like all the other Goku WCFs it'll be around.

Also re: UDMs yup they're gonna do each Ginyu force member per new #. So that explains Burter for #32. So that means two slots already taken up, the cursory one Heroes character and now one for a Ginyu force member... Ffs why Bandai no one gives a shit about the Ginyu force anymore!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Yeah. They made a Dramatic Showcase set with all the Ginyu Force. I think that was all we really needed lmao. For UI Goku though, what's the current value for the March Ichiban Kuji one right now? Also are the UDM, Shodo and Adverge figures rising in price too?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:19 am

September finalized schedule:

Dragon Ball Super WCF-BURST-
Another Ichiban Kuji
Fes Stage 8
(Z branded Absolute Perfection figures)
(A set of Heroes prize figures too).

October one listing so far:
G&G line is being branded under DBS now:

Dragon Ball Super GLITTER&GLAMOURS‐LUNCHI-

Unfortunately the second BWFC SP listing in June has now been removed /:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Yeah. They made a Dramatic Showcase set with all the Ginyu Force. I think that was all we really needed lmao. For UI Goku though, what's the current value for the March Ichiban Kuji one right now? Also are the UDM, Shodo and Adverge figures rising in price too?
Exactly haha. Ginyu Merch seems so available evidently not sought after by folks.

UI WCF is hitting upwards of ¥2000 now... Yup those other 3 are too. Despite the Adverge having more quantity of UI Goku. Ichiban Kuji is also not going down but up!

This month as the Super Warriors Special UI Goku, if history is anything to go by that will be a hot release too.

UI Goku did a have good showing in #130 though so maybe it's popularity isn't surprising.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:20 pm

You’re right. Luckily my WCF shipped today. Also I already got my Spirit Bomb Special Base Form Goku in! However, I will say I’m not sure if it’s really worth what it costs on the market rn. Here’s some images though (I would’ve done it in a different area but I’m trying my best not to touch it right now since it tends to tip over a lot even with the “stand” it comes with) https://imgur.com/a/f00lk
To start off, the box is pretty nice. Maybe it’s just me but the style seems pretty unique compared to other Banpresto boxes. In terms of the figure, it’s a pretty solid statue overall. The colors are all pretty accurate for the most part. The shading is alright too but there are some areas where the shading seems a bit out of place. In terms of size, it’s just a bit shorter than the MSPs but taller than Scultures Base Trunks. It just sucks that (like the Vegetto MSP) it’s really hard to stand up which that on top of the fact that there are better figures you can buy for cheaper doesn’t really make this worth the money in my book but if you can get it for cheap, go for it

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 am

DBS SDBH SKILL FIGURE I posted about prior:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

¥400. Disappointed they're all static poses tbh.

Edit:

VS #07 prototypes:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

DXF SP in real life pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Waiting for UDM #32 prototypes now to see what Fusion Goten actually is!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Same. I have a feeling that DXF is gonna rise in price really quickly though. Hopefully it gets restocked since it’s sold out everywhere right now. Speaking of restocks, AmiAmi just got more Vegetto Blue Kamehameha figures in stock, so I jumped on that immediately. After that though (and maybe DXF Special) I might chill with ordering so much in a short amount of time until June when Varoq’s UI Goku and Match Makers figures come out

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Still mift they made a random spirit bomb set to be honest. Was just the most random thing. Base Goku looks better though those pics just affirmed it for me, I kinda see why that's the most expensive of the two.
SSGSS Goku wrote:Same. I have a feeling that DXF is gonna rise in price really quickly though. Hopefully it gets restocked since it’s sold out everywhere right now. Speaking of restocks, AmiAmi just got more Vegetto Blue Kamehameha figures in stock, so I jumped on that immediately. After that though (and maybe DXF Special) I might chill with ordering so much in a short amount of time until June when Varoq’s UI Goku and Match Makers figures come out
Vegetto Blue I'm not too fussed about he only made a 7min cameo so I am satisfyed with just my DXF that said the Final KMH is a nice piece.

The UI DXF will almost definitely be, especially if Banpresto under produce it.

I pre-ordered the HG Silver Edition so that's my summer gone with Varoq's stuff in June and Grandista in July, so won't be pre-ing anything more. I'm waiting for the SMSP SS4 Goku to decide on whether that is worth saving up for.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:53 pm

UDM Burst 32 [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Fusion Goten is just Goten in the Fusion pose. I haven't been paying attention but if they haven't leaked the list for UDM 33 yet, we'll probably get Trunks (Fusion) in that

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 am

Well that means three spaces are already taken for #33 then... Welp.

Survey from UDM #30, let them know what you want in the future guys!:

https://gashapon.jp/enquete/researchs/charaenq/3102/3/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 pm

UDM #31 art:

Looks like I'm gonna have to get the DP for this set too! Amazing looking Vegetto!

My HG ToP "Omen" set arrived!:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pre ordered it from this site they have pre's open for the new set in July:
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanes ... tion-.html

Chose the cheapest delivery and it arrived in less then a week from dispatch well packaged too. They raised the price on the "Omen" set so not woth it but maybe worth pre ordering the Silver Edition but they take payment upfront just as an fyi.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:UDM #31 art:

Looks like I'm gonna have to get the DP for this set too! Amazing looking Vegetto!

My HG ToP "Omen" set arrived!:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pre ordered it from this site they have pre's open for the new set in July:
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanes ... tion-.html

Chose the cheapest delivery and it arrived in less then a week from dispatch well packaged too. They raised the price on the "Omen" set so not woth it but maybe worth pre ordering the Silver Edition but they take payment upfront just as an fyi.
Hey, are you surprised at the amount of advertisements being done even with Super being done for now?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:14 pm

majinwarman wrote: Hey, are you surprised at the amount of advertisements being done even with Super being done for now?
Yes I am, that was one of the reasons I was like DBS can't be ending. There is a lull in August but picks right back up in September and then when the movie comes out we'll probably be at full steam again like this March.

This March was incredible. Hoping for something similar this December!

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Hey, are you surprised at the amount of advertisements being done even with Super being done for now?
Yes I am, that was one of the reasons I was like DBS can't be ending. There is a lull in August but picks right back up in September and then when the movie comes out we'll probably be at full steam again like this March.

This March was incredible. Hoping for something similar this December!
They really want to make money so either Super is coming back or we will get a new series in the near future. That's my final prediction about the current situation.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.