Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:23 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Hey, are you surprised at the amount of advertisements being done even with Super being done for now?
Yes I am, that was one of the reasons I was like DBS can't be ending. There is a lull in August but picks right back up in September and then when the movie comes out we'll probably be at full steam again like this March.

This March was incredible. Hoping for something similar this December!
They really want to make money so either Super is coming back or we will get a new series in the near future. That's my final prediction about the current situation.
Right now the DBS brand name is incredibly strong. It's so strong that any current Z branded merch people aren't interested in and aren't selling too well compared to the DBS stuff!

User avatar
DasMuse
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:24 pm
Location: Earth Two

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by DasMuse » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Wave 4 if the Dragon Stars series finally started showing up in stores... And I must say Zamasu looks much better than he did in the preview pictures.

[spoiler]Image

Image

Image[/spoiler]

Also pics of the next two waves have been released:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:50 pm

DasMuse wrote:Wave 4 if the Dragon Stars series finally started showing up in stores... And I must say Zamasu looks much better than he did in the preview pictures.

[spoiler]Image

Image

Image[/spoiler]

Also pics of the next two waves have been released:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Whoa no kidding! Looks pretty decent actually.

Everything else looks meh though. Vegetto hair colour looks better than Vegeta.

User avatar
DasMuse
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:24 pm
Location: Earth Two

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by DasMuse » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:58 pm

I honestly wouldn't even be getting that Vegeta Blue if it didn't come with a piece to finish Fusion Zamasu. I like the grey suit on Vegeta, but for some reason it doesn't translate well to articulated figures. I have the SHF version too and i'm not a big fan of it.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:39 am

DasMuse wrote:I honestly wouldn't even be getting that Vegeta Blue if it didn't come with a piece to finish Fusion Zamasu. I like the grey suit on Vegeta, but for some reason it doesn't translate well to articulated figures. I have the SHF version too and i'm not a big fan of it.
Yeah the darker blue hair looks unappealing to me. Banpresto finally switched it up in 2017 and started going lighter blue thankfully.

Tbh I don't like SHF much, feel they're over priced for what they are, and some of them lack details like no SSGSS Goku bang or no Rosé hair strand, stuff like that.

Bandai are 50/50, one release maybe quality the next maybe shit just don't know with them.

Btw how much are the Dragon Stars figures in the states? UK has one distributor but they charge the equivalent of $30 which just I can't bring myself to buy for.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by majinwarman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Yes I am, that was one of the reasons I was like DBS can't be ending. There is a lull in August but picks right back up in September and then when the movie comes out we'll probably be at full steam again like this March.

This March was incredible. Hoping for something similar this December!
They really want to make money so either Super is coming back or we will get a new series in the near future. That's my final prediction about the current situation.
Right now the DBS brand name is incredibly strong. It's so strong that any current Z branded merch people aren't interested in and aren't selling too well compared to the DBS stuff!
I can't believe it! The DBS brand sells more than Z. That's amazing!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
DasMuse
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:24 pm
Location: Earth Two

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by DasMuse » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DasMuse wrote:I honestly wouldn't even be getting that Vegeta Blue if it didn't come with a piece to finish Fusion Zamasu. I like the grey suit on Vegeta, but for some reason it doesn't translate well to articulated figures. I have the SHF version too and i'm not a big fan of it.
Yeah the darker blue hair looks unappealing to me. Banpresto finally switched it up in 2017 and started going lighter blue thankfully.

Tbh I don't like SHF much, feel they're over priced for what they are, and some of them lack details like no SSGSS Goku bang or no Rosé hair strand, stuff like that.

Bandai are 50/50, one release maybe quality the next maybe shit just don't know with them.

Btw how much are the Dragon Stars figures in the states? UK has one distributor but they charge the equivalent of $30 which just I can't bring myself to buy for.
I like SHF for the articulation mostly. But I do agree they are lazy in some aspects. Lately more than ever. The fact that they didn't make a SS2 hair sculpt for Majin Vegeta and just used the regular SS hair sculpt really pissed me off. The figure would have been perfect if they took the effort.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Well now it is a little over a month since the March IBK started and time to look at the values of the figures... and oh boy.

Prize A: Son Goku Ultra Instinct- ¥16-18,000 I regret not getting 2 of these...
Prize B: Son Goku Super Saiyan- ¥3,500
Prize C: Son Goku SSGSS- ¥7-8,000
Prize D: Son Goku- ¥3,700-4,000
Prize C: Goku Black SSR- ¥13-14,000

Yikes.

User avatar
SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm

What about the Vegeta Last One Prize?

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:19 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:What about the Vegeta Last One Prize?
There was no Vegeta at all for the March IBK. LO prize was a 27cm art board which has settled around 3000yen. I was fortunate enough to it get for 1800yen, I have been very lucky this Ichiban Kuji only regret is not getting a second UI Goku when it was between 8000 and 9000yen (although SSGSS was at 3000yen when it started I don't regret that too much as I wasn't a fan of the mould and I have plenty of SSGSS anyway).

May and June I am not gonna bother too much other than for the smaller stuff like art boards etc as some of those figures are being released overseas so no point stressing about them. Late April has the SMSP Diorama Vegeta and Trunks, not really interested in that. August I may punt on the SMSP SS4 Goku since SMSP go up in price almost immediately. Sept IBK waiting to see what it is, hopefully SSGSS.Evo Vegeta, Jiren and U6 Saiyans etc with the obvious Goku(s) please Banpresto!

User avatar
SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:What about the Vegeta Last One Prize?
There was no Vegeta at all for the March IBK. LO prize was a 27cm art board which has settled around 3000yen. I was fortunate enough to it get for 1800yen, I have been very lucky this Ichiban Kuji only regret is not getting a second UI Goku when it was between 8000 and 9000yen (although SSGSS was at 3000yen when it started I don't regret that too much as I wasn't a fan of the mould and I have plenty of SSGSS anyway).

May and June I am not gonna bother too much other than for the smaller stuff like art boards etc as some of those figures are being released overseas so no point stressing about them. Late April has the SMSP Diorama Vegeta and Trunks, not really interested in that. August I may punt on the SMSP SS4 Goku since SMSP go up in price almost immediately. Sept IBK waiting to see what it is, hopefully SSGSS.Evo Vegeta, Jiren and U6 Saiyans etc with the obvious Goku(s) please Banpresto!
Oh ok. I was thinking of this Vegeta but I forgot it wasn't in that set Image

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:13 pm

So the rest of my March stuff arrived could have saved 2000yen if I didn't ship my IBK UI Goku earlier but eh was worth it! But not being impatient with Rosé, I'll have that shipped with the March stuff.

Image

The art board and UDM DP look clean! The glasses are bigger than I though too. But yeah that Goku art board gonna have to get it framed!

Wish I could have added the Adverge and Shodo but prices weren't worth it. Where was this quality of Merch when DBS was on going?

User avatar
RedHeat
Regular
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by RedHeat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:36 pm

The Kale Build-a-figure has been revealed:

Image


I love it overall. Just wish there was more detail on her backlets/shoes and molded spats.
Feels over Reals.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:43 pm

I like the hair mould of that Kale.

The WCF Caulifla came out really good! It has this glittering effect on the hair looks really nice! Also the UDM's look great too well as great as they could look, like they even had Kafla's hair band which is what I didn't think they would. The HG premium set also turned out wonderful, like damn man twenty-f**king-eighteen! DB merch has NEVER had this much quality, from small gashapons to the Ichiban Kuji's everything is using quality. Long long long may this continue!

Also I managed to get a hold of craneking's final version images a week for the May releases!:

FES 6:

Image
Prototype:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Blood of Saiyans:
Image
Image
Prototype:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

No difference let's go! It's 2018 why do I still get worried lol.

User avatar
SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Yesterday I got my Varoq SSJ Trunks and Rose Grandista and holy sh!t they're amazing! Especially the Rose Grandista! The hair is so clean and just the quality of it is so good! Varoq's Trunks is really awesome too! Definitely some of my favorite DB figures I own

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:00 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Yesterday I got my Varoq SSJ Trunks and Rose Grandista and holy sh!t they're amazing! Especially the Rose Grandista! The hair is so clean and just the quality of it is so good! Varoq's Trunks is really awesome too! Definitely some of my favorite DB figures I own
2018 man! Enjoy these as much as you can! We might not ever get a year like this again, and screw it I'm get as much as I can this year!

User avatar
SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:Yesterday I got my Varoq SSJ Trunks and Rose Grandista and holy sh!t they're amazing! Especially the Rose Grandista! The hair is so clean and just the quality of it is so good! Varoq's Trunks is really awesome too! Definitely some of my favorite DB figures I own
2018 man! Enjoy these as much as you can! We might not ever get a year like this again, and screw it I'm get as much as I can this year!
Exactly. I'm wondering if I should buy the "May Doll" figures as they're in stock but I'm not sure if I really need them. I'm glad AmiAmi restocked the Vegito Blue figure once though. I wish they restocked the other March products while they were still in print (mainly the Nimbus Goku) but they sadly didn't.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:45 am

So the DBH transedence figure revealed for Aug and man it looks great:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Since BlueBas said it's DBS Goku I guess it counts. I may get it but I'm saving up for the SSGSS Big Size.


SSGSS Goku wrote: Exactly. I'm wondering if I should buy the "May Doll" figures as they're in stock but I'm not sure if I really need them. I'm glad AmiAmi restocked the Vegito Blue figure once though. I wish they restocked the other March products while they were still in print (mainly the Nimbus Goku) but they sadly didn't.
I wouldn't stress about the non DBS stuff too much. They're not flying off as much as the DBS stuff like the Nimbus Goku is chilling at around 1k.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:40 pm

More U.S stuff for the summer.

Some mini figures:
Image

Freeza playset:
Image

(Looks like the Mega WCF Freeza spaceship re-purposesd).

User avatar
SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:More U.S stuff for the summer.

Some mini figures:
Image

Freeza playset:
Image

(Looks like the Mega WCF Freeza spaceship re-purposesd).
I can’t tell if they repurposed the Mega WCF Spaceship and WCF Freeza or if they made an “official bootleg” and literally made a crappier version of both of those
EDIT: somehow AmiAmi opened up preorders again for the Super Warriors UI Goku and I luckily managed to get the last one! Can’t wait for it to come out!

Post Reply