Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by SuperNingenGod » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:16 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SuperNingenGod wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Interestingly no Grandista for at least 8 months... Last one would be Gohan in October and nothing more on schedule.

Just adds more to the suspicion that one will probably happen in July or August for the inevitable return of DBS and retelling of the Broly film. Probably end up being Gogeta or Broly though as opposed to SSGSS Goku. But just shows what a waste the SS2 Gohan Grandista was, easily could have and should have been Evolution Vegeta. (Not to mention Bandai S already were releasing a SS2 Gohan for the October IBK!)
Aw what's with them taking so long as opposed to almost everyone else? But I'll gladly take both Gogeta and Broly for the time being if they do make them.
I have two theory's:
a) They planned some more Grandista but for the movie but then found out DBS will return to TV probably with an inevitable retelling so decided to wait for that to air before releasing them OR

b) Hiroki is a freelance sculptor so he could have be tied up in other work, Banpresto just waited for him to be free. Similar to FES & Nakazawa he was busy with movie stuff so FES line was on hold for 7 months now back to regular schedule from April.

If we were to get a Grandista Broly hope it's Anger Broly.
Thanks for the insight, I'll just have to be more patient then. I don't mind a SSJ Broly myself but I'll take any form Grandista could offer.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 pm

SuperNingenGod wrote: Thanks for the insight, I'll just have to be more patient then. I don't mind a SSJ Broly myself but I'll take any form Grandista could offer.
Hopefully SS2 Gohan was the end of the Z crap for that line.

My biggest wet dream would be a Grandista SSG Goku!
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Two months later after I originally expected but I finally got the Super Master Stars Piece SSJ4 Goku from DeepDiscount. The figure is huge and is noticeably heavier than other Banpresto figures, is also a full piece, only the tail being separated from the body. But man the level of detail and care put on it makes amazing it was just $40.
Nice!

I unfortunately had to cancel my order from them as I don't have the space. Felt bad though since I don't own a figure from Yamashita. BoS SS4 seems like an even cheaper & smaller alternative to this so may get that.

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:It's been a long time since I've been following DB news, I just know that Gogeta might appear in DBS Broly.

Could anyone make a kind of compiled showing all possible evidence that suggests Gogeta's appearance in the new movie and why UI probably will not appear?? This topic with Merchadise usually reveals several things

While I'm not aware there's any evidence for or against UI, here's what we have so far to support Gogeta

1) Datamine Leak for Xenoverse 2 showing the new Broly and a new Gogeta
2) Fathom events showing limited showings of Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan, Bardock the Father of Goku, and Fusion Reborn, claiming these "tie to the new movie"
3) In the merchandise, there have consistently been two blacked out figures meant to be a "New Hero" with two colors/forms, like a combination of Base/SSG/SSGSS/UI Gogeta. Baggie can most likely explain the ratio system better
4) One of the artists on the movie practicing drawing Gogeta
Pretty much this.

But as for evidence against UI Goku, biggest one was Bandai said that in their Shikishi Art for December the UI Goku in the set wasn't from the movie but "other DBS".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Better pics of the upcoming Dragon Stars figures. Super Broly is as expected, the BOF. Only missing the "secret character"

SSJ4 Goku looks really good.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:It's been a long time since I've been following DB news, I just know that Gogeta might appear in DBS Broly.

Could anyone make a kind of compiled showing all possible evidence that suggests Gogeta's appearance in the new movie and why UI probably will not appear?? This topic with Merchadise usually reveals several things

While I'm not aware there's any evidence for or against UI, here's what we have so far to support Gogeta

2) Fathom events showing limited showings of Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan, Bardock the Father of Goku, and Fusion Reborn, claiming these "tie to the new movie"
3) In the merchandise, there have consistently been two blacked out figures meant to be a "New Hero" with two colors/forms, like a combination of Base/SSG/SSGSS/UI Gogeta. Baggie can most likely explain the ratio system better
Pretty much this.

But as for evidence against UI Goku, biggest one was Bandai said that in their Shikishi Art for December the UI Goku in the set wasn't from the movie but "other DBS".
Interesting, I really believe that Gogeta will appear in the film (I doubted that at the end of ToP the MUI would look different than the UI Sign, even with all the clues, so I guess now there's no denying it).

But it's strange that he did not appear in the trailer and in any scan so far, even close to the release of the movie. I don't remember exactly about FNF, but I believe the SSB was shown a few months before the movie premiered. Maybe they really want to keep it a secret.

But about the MUI, the fact that Bandai specified that the art for MUI Goku was related to DBS anime, could it be because they still don't want to show the appearance of that transformation in the movie yet?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:12 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:

Pretty much this.

Interesting, I really believe that Gogeta will appear in the film (I doubted that at the end of ToP the MUI would look different than the UI Sign, even with all the clues, so I guess now there's no denying it).

But it's strange that he did not appear in the trailer and in any scan so far, even close to the release of the movie. I don't remember exactly about FNF, but I believe the SSB was shown a few months before the movie premiered. Maybe they really want to keep it a secret.

But about the MUI, the fact that Bandai specified that the art for MUI Goku was related to DBS anime, could it be because they still don't want to show the appearance of that transformation in the movie yet?
For "F" SSGSS Goku was officially revealed a week before, Vegeta wasn't until after the film which is why the "F" WCF's (and the main SSGSS Vegeta figure) didn't start coming out until May.

For this movie the Ichiban Kuji starts December 4th (with 2 blank figures yet to be revealed) so Gogeta will 100% be revealed before the film opens nationwide Japan.

Aa for Shikishi Art I reported the description well before the first images released, so doesn't seem that is the case.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Pretty much this.

For "F" SSGSS Goku was officially revealed a week before, Vegeta wasn't until after the film which is why the "F" WCF's (and the main SSGSS Vegeta figure) didn't start coming out until May.

For this movie the Ichiban Kuji starts December 4th (with 2 blank figures yet to be revealed) so Gogeta will 100% be revealed before the film opens nationwide Japan.

Aa for Shikishi Art I reported the description well before the first images released, so doesn't seem that is the case.
The people who will watch the movie before usually give some sort of spoiler or movie summary? In that case, we would have confirmation earlier.

I also remember that someone posted the full summary of what would happen in FNF before the movie's release, but I do not know if it was related to the people who watched the movie before

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:20 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
The people who will watch the movie before usually give some sort of spoiler or movie summary? In that case, we would have confirmation earlier.

I also remember that someone posted the full summary of what would happen in FNF before the movie's release, but I do not know if it was related to the people who watched the movie before

There's supposedly an early premier next Wednesday, the 14th. So there's gonna be a ton of fake yet plausible spoilers out. Who knows what will be legitimate. I'm sure credible sources will report on it though

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:34 pm

It's always funny how perfect Cell's body is for articulated figures. Dragon Stars figures really have come a long way from the first wave, though that 18 looks kinda strange, Cell's face sculpt is not great and Freeza's neck is too long. I'm still salty they abandoned the ToP so quick. 17 and 18 should have been their ToP versions, and First Form Freeza should have used his new color palette from the movie.
The secret figure will probably be Gogeta.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 am

Thus Bandai Spirits takeover from Banpresto complete:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:59 am

More images, Goku looks so so so bland:

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:33 am

He's pretty bland even compared to the other figures.

I think we've had enough SSJ Goku doing Kamehameha figures for a lifetime already. They do love the classic Yamamuro Kamehameha pose :lol:
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:27 am

FlpShimizu wrote:He's pretty bland even compared to the other figures.

I think we've had enough SSJ Goku doing Kamehameha figures for a lifetime already. They do love the classic Yamamuro Kamehameha pose :lol:
Tell me about it! If they want to merchandise old SS Goku's they really need to be more innovative like the October Ichiban Kuji.

At this point they are finally realising that even base Goku is more marketable than SS Goku at this stage, so I am surprised they're doing a SS Goku for the March 2019 IBK can guarantee a few weeks after it will be really cheap, like back in March 2018 IBK the SS Goku in that was basically being given away for free lol.
It's why SS forms have basically zero marketing for the new movie. Folks don't give a shit about that form anymore. Hell in Japan the October IBK the UI Goku (which is a reprint don't forget) is still the most expensive figure out of them all.

December Ichiban Kuji prices will be interesting to follow, I expect the SS Goku re colour to be pretty cheap, then SSGSS Goku to be medium priced, I expect everyone to go crazy getting Broly especially the LO version & if the two blanks are Gogeta I expect the strongest form one to be more sought after with the other one probably medium priced along with SSGSS Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 pm

A DB event will be held at the Tokyo Solamachi starting 14th December when the movie comes out, from what I gather is a museum type thing, will celebrate Goku and will produce limited merchandise that can only be purchased there.

(Yeah I don't think they're ever getting rid of Goku from DB!)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:02 pm

I hope that one is like the previous one and includes GT in the celebration.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:10 pm

I was looking at BBTS listings and, do we know who is this?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/83050

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:50 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I was looking at BBTS listings and, do we know who is this?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/83050
UI Goku most likely, it's 18cm like the SSGSS Goku Transcendence whereas the Vegetto Blue Transcendence was 23cm so unlikely to be SS4 Vegetto.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Okay as we wind down to Wednesday & latter parts of the month, time to update the house rules of this thread:

a) Goes without saying but no discussing anything plot related from here on in.

b) No descriptions of characters that haven't been revealed yet and no blurry pics UNLESS it's of merchandise.

c) V Jump will leak on the weekend probably so posting any merch scans from that is fine & only merch scans, I predict they'll fully reveal the Ichiban Kuji & some of the gashapons.

d) Towards the end of the month the rest of the December blanked merch will be revealed so if folks want to avoid seeing art etc then wise to avoid this thread.

e) Enjoy. It's been basically 6 years since we've been waiting for DB to get the same lovin' as One Piece so kick back and watch all the merch roll out! We've f**king deserved this!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: UI Goku most likely, it's 18cm like the SSGSS Goku Transcendence whereas the Vegetto Blue Transcendence was 23cm so unlikely to be SS4 Vegetto.
Hmm, I see. When you think it will be revealed?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: UI Goku most likely, it's 18cm like the SSGSS Goku Transcendence whereas the Vegetto Blue Transcendence was 23cm so unlikely to be SS4 Vegetto.
Hmm, I see. When you think it will be revealed?
Whenever Banpresto send updated production images, or at Jump Festa next month they usually show off upcoming figures or at the very latest Feb when the final versions get revealed.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Dunno where to ask this and it isn't thread worthy...

But want to know if Black is any popular in JP?