Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Kinokima » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Can someone explain to me how Super Saiyan Videl makes any sense in anyway. Does making love to a Saiyan now mean you can become a Super Saiyan?

Edit: Wait looking at the picture I think it is from the SSG ritual. That’s okay then! lol

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Ultimate Soldiers final versions, confirmed art on base, Broly out tomorrow:
UDM #35 final versions in real life:
And the HG#01's:

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Wait HG 01 is out!? What!? I thought it wasn't going to be released until near the end of the month!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:06 pm

TheNingen wrote:Wait HG 01 is out!? What!? I thought it wasn't going to be released until near the end of the month!
It still is. My bad should have mentioned someone got ahold of it early.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 am

Out today U.S Broly Anger:
Also Out today UDM #35 & HG#01 (credit 48hey for the pics)

=========
TheNingen wrote:Wait HG 01 is out!? What!? I thought it wasn't going to be released until near the end of the month!
Looks like it indeed is out early!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:38 pm

WCF Vol.1 packaging background:

Better look at HG Gogeta comparison with the Broly (credit kemono8901)
These turned out good! Goku however....
Come the f**k on Bandai. It is 2018! This is why I can never fully trust them they'll screw up somewhere!

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm

If it's not Premium, it's not premium effort

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:05 pm

TheNingen wrote:If it's not Premium, it's not premium effort
But that's the thing their premium stuff can just be as bad the SSGSS Goku last premium set was also pretty bad.

On the flip the Golden Freeza here is better than the premium HG one:
It's why Bandai will forever just be a frustrating company.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:26 pm

I personally prefer the look of the Premium Golden Freeza.

Let's hope HLJ ships out my HG set soon.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:48 pm

FIngers crossed Crunchyroll didn't lose my preorder! I have the Ultimate Soldiers Broly, Goku, and Vegeta (and an accidental extra I'm turning into a gift this holiday season) should be shipping soon but I've not had any word from them. Will be extremely upset!

Also, which figures do you recommend? Figure-rise or S.H. Figurearts? I'm looking to get complimenting Gogetas and Full Power Brolys

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Kinokima wrote:Can someone explain to me how Super Saiyan Videl makes any sense in anyway. Does making love to a Saiyan now mean you can become a Super Saiyan?

Edit: Wait looking at the picture I think it is from the SSG ritual. That’s okay then! lol
If it was, super saiyan chi chi woul end goku's ass lol

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:02 pm

So I ordered tomorrow's newspaper was only 500yen and it's now temporarily out of stock on Amazon! Movie hype is real! Might pick up a Gogeta coster & Friday's Budosai exclusive heat changing mug!

Friday gonna be nuts! So much stuff coming out.

Limited Edition Watch:

=======

MKCSTEALTH wrote:FIngers crossed Crunchyroll didn't lose my preorder! I have the Ultimate Soldiers Broly, Goku, and Vegeta (and an accidental extra I'm turning into a gift this holiday season) should be shipping soon but I've not had any word from them. Will be extremely upset!

Also, which figures do you recommend? Figure-rise or S.H. Figurearts? I'm looking to get complimenting Gogetas and Full Power Brolys
Figure-rise looks like they are geared more towards model fans and good for anyone on a budget.

If you are not on a budget and not in a rush then SHF seem ideal.

Or get both! :wink:

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Figuarts are better than Figure-rise if you have the money. Though good luck finding a preorder that isn’t overpriced. Gogeta Figure-rise actually looks pretty good though aside from the hair being a little too high up

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:29 am

Rest of the newspaper wrap around cover:
SMP out now:
Premium Cardass out Friday ¥1000:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:23 am

The merch is being pumped out like crazy. I wonder when will the merch releases will calm down ?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Figuarts are better than Figure-rise if you have the money. Though good luck finding a preorder that isn’t overpriced. Gogeta Figure-rise actually looks pretty good though aside from the hair being a little too high up
Blowitoutahere has them at pretty good pre-order prices. I've shopped from them many times--this is essentially where I buy my figures from.

SSGSS Gogeta ($39.93)
https://www.blowitoutahere.com/dragon-b ... 3102554086

SSJ Broly ($58.08)
https://www.blowitoutahere.com/dragon-b ... 3102554093
One World. 🌐 🕊

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 am

majinwarman wrote:The merch is being pumped out like crazy. I wonder when will the merch releases will calm down ?
It only took Modern DB over half a decade to get treatment like this! Feels like a victory, that they somehow opened their eyes and finally took note!

This week is probably gonna be the highest point since well the film is out this week so a lot of the tie in merch will be available on the day, WCF come out tomorrow and the Namco exclusive Gogeta's on Friday too.

In a few weeks things will probably calm down a bit. But then there is Jump Festa we have all of the BWFC stuff and then figures will be shown off for 2019. So probably don't expect there to be many days with no news to report rest of this month!

January should be quote on quote "back to normal".

Edit- WCF Packaging:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:The merch is being pumped out like crazy. I wonder when will the merch releases will calm down ?
It only took Modern DB over half a decade to get treatment like this! Feels like a victory, that they somehow opened their eyes and finally took note!

This week is probably gonna be the highest point since well the film is out this week so a lot of the tie in merch will be available on the day, WCF come out tomorrow and the Namco exclusive Gogeta's on Friday too.

In a few weeks things will probably calm down a bit. But then there is Jump Festa we have all of the BWFC stuff and then figures will be shown off for 2019. So probably don't expect there to be many days with no news to report rest of this month!

January should be quote on quote "back to normal".

Edit- WCF Packaging:
Modern DB is finally fixing itself on the merch and animation sides.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:05 am

Even with the improved merch sales and overall series popularity, Bandai for some reason thinks the new SSGSS Vegeta Figuarts isn't popular enough to warrant a retail release.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:04 am

UI Soft Vinyl figure (¥10k....):
Bandai reviving their Styling line, around (¥1k) Vegeta is P Bandai excl which is fine because it's a recolour of the old SSGSS Vegeta anyway:
SHF Vegeta has a God head:
Bet Goku doesn't though...