Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
July Ichiban Kuji.... SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES. F**K BANDAI!! AND THIS GODAMN AGENDA PUSHING SDBH!!! IT IS NOT AND WILL WILL BE LIKE THE MAIN SERIES IT'S A CARD GAME AND STICK TO THAT FFS
Could this potentially be a point against Super starting in July?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Confirmed sculptor "Clear Jedi" sculpted the SS4 Gogeta Dokkan Kuji figure, they have also said they have sculpted some more upcoming figures

July Ichiban Kuji.... SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES. F**K BANDAI!! AND THIS GODAMN AGENDA PUSHING SDBH!!! IT IS NOT AND WILL WILL BE LIKE THE MAIN SERIES IT'S A CARD GAME AND STICK TO THAT FFS

This might be a mistake but THE 20TH FILM ICHIBAN KUJI re-solicited for June....

Maybe we might get Goku in the GP Clothes as a figure. Would be cool. Or maybe if Jiren is getting a bigger role in the series we might ACTUALLY get a full-sized figure of him

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Could this potentially be a point against Super starting in July?
I have suspicions now it might before July. We have the Movie Ichiban Kuji seemingly re-solicited for June, as well as a new Adverge volume (labelled new series) of course these could also be in preparation for a July return for DBS.

Bandai are still silent on the Premium Movie Adverge supposed to be released in March, so they could have delayed that and made an actual proper one for June in prep for what looks to be a retelling.

A retelling is looking more and more likely in any case, the Jump Calander had been known for mistakes in the past but no way that all these are, also including the July/August Banpresto DBS stuff that heavily implies movie related with no movie tag. The biggest evidence being the Movie Kuji re-solicited if that isn't a mistake then that confirms a retelling I think.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:18 pm

I was looking at Mandarake listings and man, the Ichiban Kuji SS4 Goku and Gogeta are quite pricey 6500 yen and 5000 respectively (the Vegeta is going at 2000 yen), the figures seem popular tho, they're already sold out. With those prices, waiting for the overseas versions isn't a bad idea.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I was looking at Mandarake listings and man, the Ichiban Kuji SS4 Goku and Gogeta are quite pricey 6500 yen and 5000 respectively (the Vegeta is going at 2000 yen), the figures seem popular tho, they're already sold out. With those prices, waiting for the overseas versions isn't a bad idea.
Mandarake prices I don't think reflect the current market,
they are all coming down fast, Gogeta and Vegetto's hit 4k and under, meanwhile Omen Goku is near that range too. SSSGS Goku and Vegeta are both getting 3k and under. The Evolution and Collab are the only one's taking longer to drop, Collab Goku I get since it has the anniv gimmick dunno why Evo Vegeta is taking long. Gogeta had a pretty big drop unsurprisingly since it was 2 per store but Collab Goku I don't think will drop to 800yen like Shallot :lol:

I think they'll all settle somewhere between ¥3k-4k with perhaps the exception of the Collab Goku.

The Vegeta (and I assume small Goku too) weighs ~0.68kg and cost 980yen to ship via SAL small packet. Missed out on a few deals for Omen Goku because I was waiting on that info, but they we go. I assume the other 3 will weigh more.

I take it back seems the small Goku and Vegeta's might be the better option for importing after.

Overall though pretty disappointing Kuji I must say, when it comes to figures. The SS4's pale compared to the regular ones Banpresto are releasing this month, the Collab one was a massive cuck. /: Goku and Vegeta are way too small. And Vegetto ain't no Gogeta!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Nakazawa confirmed FES will continue also looks like BWFC SPECIAL will indeed be Broly not Gogeta thankfully (needa break from Mr. Superior fusion! :P)

But some more ranting now, the July SDBH IBK has seen a ticket rise in Japan from 650yen to 680yen. Overseas this means nothing to us but yet another example of Bandai f**king taking the piss taking fans for the mick. They need to stop releasing so many Kuji's and concentrate quality but now looks like they plan to pocket more money. No wonder all Bandai Spirits did was have the Bandai logo blue, they're basically the same.

Banpresto got the IBK taken away for them and now Bandai are gonna ruin that. I mean look at Banpresto's latest outputs imagine if they still had the Kuji! Their SS4 Collab Vegeta > Bandai S Goku....

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:11 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Mandarake prices I don't think reflect the current market,
they are all coming down fast, Gogeta and Vegetto's hit 4k and under, meanwhile Omen Goku is near that range too. SSSGS Goku and Vegeta are both getting 3k and under. The Evolution and Collab are the only one's taking longer to drop, Collab Goku I get since it has the anniv gimmick dunno why Evo Vegeta is taking long. Gogeta had a pretty big drop unsurprisingly since it was 2 per store but Collab Goku I don't think will drop to 800yen like Shallot :lol:

I think they'll all settle somewhere between ¥3k-4k with perhaps the exception of the Collab Goku.

The Vegeta (and I assume small Goku too) weighs ~0.68kg and cost 980yen to ship via SAL small packet. Missed out on a few deals for Omen Goku because I was waiting on that info, but they we go. I assume the other 3 will weigh more.

I take it back seems the small Goku and Vegeta's might be the better option for importing after.

Overall though pretty disappointing Kuji I must say, when it comes to figures. The SS4's pale compared to the regular ones Banpresto are releasing this month, the Collab one was a massive cuck. /: Goku and Vegeta are way too small. And Vegetto ain't no Gogeta!
I checked on Amazon Japan and in general, the entire line is pricey. Both versions of DBS Goku and Vegeta and Vegito are around 4k~5500 yen. Gogeta is in the 6k~11k range and SS4 Goku is on the 7k~11k range. Sure, prices are inflated right now but they're consistent with Mandarake's so I think it give us a decent idea of the line's popularity.

As for quality on the sculpts your mileage may vary of course but I think the SS4 are pretty good figures the Gogeta has a good pose and detail, only suffering of the mouth sculpt not translating that well into 3D while the Goku's only lacking on paint apps and having a slightly awkward pose. Vegito is in the same boat as Gogeta, solid figure with some minor flaws. The Gokus and Vegetas are pretty bad though.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 am

June scans heights and release weeks confirmed, still awaiting WCD Vol.3 anyway since June 1st is Saturday means release week are actully really one before ie FES Vol.10 is coming out Week 4 not Week 5, Kid Goku is coming out first Week etc.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:39 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I have suspicions now it might before July. We have the Movie Ichiban Kuji seemingly re-solicited for June, as well as a new Adverge volume (labelled new series) of course these could also be in preparation for a July return for DBS.

Bandai are still silent on the Premium Movie Adverge supposed to be released in March, so they could have delayed that and made an actual proper one for June in prep for what looks to be a retelling.

A retelling is looking more and more likely in any case, the Jump Calander had been known for mistakes in the past but no way that all these are, also including the July/August Banpresto DBS stuff that heavily implies movie related with no movie tag. The biggest evidence being the Movie Kuji re-solicited if that isn't a mistake then that confirms a retelling I think.
The chances of an April start are pretty much nonexistent at this point due to various factors. It has to be July or later.
The MIA staff at the moment seems to imply July.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:21 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I have suspicions now it might before July. We have the Movie Ichiban Kuji seemingly re-solicited for June, as well as a new Adverge volume (labelled new series) of course these could also be in preparation for a July return for DBS.

The chances of an April start are pretty much nonexistent at this point due to various factors. It has to be July or later.
The MIA staff at the moment seems to imply July.
Wonder FES starts in about 10 hours in Japan, let's see if any of the new DBS summer stuff from Banpresto is shown off.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:36 pm

May Ichiban Kuji with store ratios and smaller prizes revealed:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 pm

HQ scan! Size confirmations! Better look at the small prizes and what to expect:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:HQ scan! Size confirmations! Better look at the small prizes and what to expect:

Definitely want the SSJ Broly and the Omen Goku. Is that SSBE Vegeta toward the top or just SSB?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:49 am

Gigantic Series Gogeta by Hyo!

> Grandista I think. Widows peak isn't as bad as it is on that.

So far only new thing from Wonder FES...

====
MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Definitely want the SSJ Broly and the Omen Goku. Is that SSBE Vegeta toward the top or just SSB?
Yup Evolution!!

What a waste that SS Goku & Freeza are. How many times? Yawn.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 am

May Ichiban Kuji starts May 4th.

March Fighters Ichiban Kuji packaging.....

DBS Logo after all. Who would be surprised? Eurgh. Guess I have to add this to the OP then!

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:30 am

X-Plus Gogeta Blue looks amazing. May be their best one yet and i'm definitely going to pick it up... If they do full power broly, i hope they keep the scale.

I just got my X-Plus Rose Goku Black and I love it. And now I kinda regret passing on X-Plus Vegetto Blue when it was still closer to retail price.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:08 am

#18 IBK final version left vs prototype right:

===
DasMuse wrote:X-Plus Gogeta Blue looks amazing. May be their best one yet and i'm definitely going to pick it up... If they do full power broly, i hope they keep the scale.

I just got my X-Plus Rose Goku Black and I love it. And now I kinda regret passing on X-Plus Vegetto Blue when it was still closer to retail price.
They need to keep Hyo on the Gigantic Series line. Gogeta price is supposedly only ¥12,960 so see if Bandai keep it at that. My only issue with the Gogeta is I wish he was smirking. I am tempted to get him... but we'll see I feel like I wanna focus more on saving for the May Ichiban Kuji. Smaller prizes and most of the figures look great.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am

Wow, that Gigantic Gogeta actually looks good, doesn't even look like the same series as the SSBE Vegeta.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:June scans heights and release weeks confirmed, still awaiting WCD Vol.3 anyway since June 1st is Saturday means release week are actully really one before ie FES Vol.10 is coming out Week 4 not Week 5, Kid Goku is coming out first Week etc.
oh man, they finally have the Establishing Kick from Super 110 in the correct form this time.

I may actually have to get it.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 am

WCD Vol.3 HQ prod and scan, man these production images getting worse and worse! Anyway even ratio @14 each so these are gonna plummet in price pretty quickly in Japan. Would not pre-order these & just wait, also these might be the last WCD set as the last two didn't get good orders IIRC so unless these do well this could be the end unless Banpresto planned some in advance for the movie:
Overseas merch: