Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
mute_proxy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 22, 2019 6:16 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:12 am
Image
Are these GT Gokus WCF or some other brand? :think:

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10186
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 22, 2019 6:35 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:16 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:12 am
Image
Are these GT Gokus WCF or some other brand? :think:
Nah it's Suzuki's special move series.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed May 22, 2019 7:27 am

Dang. I thought the Dragon Fist figure would be SSJ4 Goku.

Goku Xeno looks amazing.


User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5710
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm

Cool at the Cheelai figure, now can we get some new scale figures of Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit, Fused Zamasu and Jiren?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:07 am
Image
What is this?

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10186
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm
Cool at the Cheelai figure, now can we get some new scale figures of Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit, Fused Zamasu and Jiren?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:07 am
Image
What is this?
Suzuki's special move GT Dragon Fist Goku's as above: Bandai are now releasing prize figures overseas excl not just recolour this Sept they doing a Grandista All Might. So chances for DB getting prize figure type figures for those characters look good.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu May 23, 2019 2:19 am

I don't know if is a mistake or a mixup, but My Figure Collection has listed the two GT Gokus as part of the Super Chousenshi Retsuden line.

https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/175402

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10186
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:19 am
I don't know if is a mistake or a mixup, but My Figure Collection has listed the two GT Gokus as part of the Super Chousenshi Retsuden line.

https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/175402
It's definitely a mistake since those weren't even displayed with the other Restuden figures, besides they won't re-use the same mould in the same volume unless it's a one off line or a line that isn't normally a volume release & the special move series isn't normally a volume release.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 am

Ah, they fixed it already.

Anyways, I've been looking at the pictures of the BOS Goku SSJ4 and man, he looks much better than I expected

Image
Image

It might be the lighting or the camera, but his fur looks redder than the production images made it look. Here's hoping the Vegeta and Gogeta are of the same quality.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10186
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 23, 2019 12:27 pm

According to a few people it seems it has the same problem as Omen. The metallic hair isn't coming through as much. Might just get it so I can repaint it with SS4 Goku's original colour scheme because I think it looks better.

56th Prize Fair full photo bans & HQ images:
Nakazawa sculpted Young SS Gohan, Match Makers Gogeta & Broly (don't think I mentioned it on here), BWFC SP Broly & Cheelai, didn't sculpt Adult Gohan probably Kato. MRS Sculpted the Gohan WCF. Hiroki obviously Gotenks but rumoured to have done the GxM.

VS#11 Full scan:
Wonder if Yuuki sculpted any of these.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu May 23, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu May 23, 2019 12:50 pm

I can't see that Vegito Blue without thinking of this

Image


User avatar
mute_proxy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by mute_proxy » Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 am

21 was hella sexy as is, that one just looks stupid :(

User avatar
Nokra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm
Location: Transcendent Realm

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Nokra » Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 am
21 was hella sexy as is, that one just looks stupid :(
I don't see how it looks stupid.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Konja7 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:05 pm
It shouldn't come to that. Besides Japanese fans aren't directly supporting Bandai unlike us, so I absolutely refuse too, need to make a stand somehow they can't keep pulling shit like this all the god f**king time and think it's okay.
I've seen some past pages of this thread, I found this commentary.

How is that Japanese fans aren't directly supporting Bandai?

I've always hear Japanese are the main buyers of anime merchandise. Is not the case for Super?

User avatar
Extreme_kai
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Extreme_kai » Sat May 25, 2019 11:17 am

Nokra wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am
mute_proxy wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 am
21 was hella sexy as is, that one just looks stupid :(
I don't see how it looks stupid.
Her breast looks like flotation devices. It just looks awkward.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10186
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Konja7 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:05 pm
It shouldn't come to that. Besides Japanese fans aren't directly supporting Bandai unlike us, so I absolutely refuse too, need to make a stand somehow they can't keep pulling shit like this all the god f**king time and think it's okay.
I've seen some past pages of this thread, I found this commentary.

How is that Japanese fans aren't directly supporting Bandai?

I've always hear Japanese are the main buyers of anime merchandise. Is not the case for Super?
It is a bit complicated but when it comes to things sold direct from retailers such as Bandai Candy products, Premium Bandai products, Megahouse etc fans in Japan are supporting these directly.

However when it comes to Prize Figures and Gashapon, Bandai (and formally Banpresto) made/make their money by selling cases to gamestations and stores so any figures sold after through other means ie AmazonJP etc that money will not be going to Bandai they've made their money. That is why prize figures are often safe because Bandai are more concerned with what would get more cases orders from gamestations and then you have the gamestations having to decide how much of a figure to order based on how popular they think it'll be. However if fans aren't showing interest in a figure line/character/form and gamesations are having a hard time getting rid of so next time that figure line/character/form appears they'll naturally put in lower case orders, so fans do have some sort of effect but it is all a slow process.

This is also why Prize Fairs are by invitation only so fans just can't rock up to the event. Where as the recent Hobby Expo was open to fans.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat May 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Extreme_kai wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:17 am
Her breast looks like flotation devices. It just looks awkward.
The poor face sculpt is the real issue.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Konja7 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm
It is a bit complicated but when it comes to things sold direct from retailers such as Bandai Candy products, Premium Bandai products, Megahouse etc fans in Japan are supporting these directly.

However when it comes to Prize Figures and Gashapon, Bandai (and formally Banpresto) made/make their money by selling cases to gamestations and stores so any figures sold after through other means ie AmazonJP etc that money will not be going to Bandai they've made their money. That is why prize figures are often safe because Bandai are more concerned with what would get more cases orders from gamestations and then you have the gamestations having to decide how much of a figure to order based on how popular they think it'll be. However if fans aren't showing interest in a figure line/character/form and gamesations are having a hard time getting rid of so next time that figure line/character/form appears they'll naturally put in lower case orders, so fans do have some sort of effect but it is all a slow process.

This is also why Prize Fairs are by invitation only so fans just can't rock up to the event. Where as the recent Hobby Expo was open to fans.
Thank you for the clarification. It's pretty interesting.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10186
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat May 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Konja7 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:38 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm
It is a bit complicated but when it comes to things sold direct from retailers such as Bandai Candy products, Premium Bandai products, Megahouse etc fans in Japan are supporting these directly.

However when it comes to Prize Figures and Gashapon, Bandai (and formally Banpresto) made/make their money by selling cases to gamestations and stores so any figures sold after through other means ie AmazonJP etc that money will not be going to Bandai they've made their money. That is why prize figures are often safe because Bandai are more concerned with what would get more cases orders from gamestations and then you have the gamestations having to decide how much of a figure to order based on how popular they think it'll be. However if fans aren't showing interest in a figure line/character/form and gamesations are having a hard time getting rid of so next time that figure line/character/form appears they'll naturally put in lower case orders, so fans do have some sort of effect but it is all a slow process.

This is also why Prize Fairs are by invitation only so fans just can't rock up to the event. Where as the recent Hobby Expo was open to fans.
Thank you for the clarification. It's pretty interesting.
Which is why Cheelai getting her own sole prize figure release in December is huge as it is the first new non Saiyan character since Beerus & Whis in early 2014 to have a sole release. If Cheelai gets good case orders then that will show Bandai that they can start to release other modern DB characters that aren't Saiyans. So hopefully the gamestations have taken a note of her internet popularity!

The thing I do not know yet is when gamestations have to file case orders like when they have to place the orders for December's figures for example. A couple gamestation branches strangely follow me, so I might scoot them a message.

Post Reply