Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by majinwarman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:43 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:45 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:47 am I am cancelling my order on that SS4 Goku f**k what Bandai did to that release the final version looks so trash no way I can in good conscious support them for it.

What did they do? Are you talking about the dokkan one?
Yeah, Production prototype and what the figure looks like on the box:

Actual figure out the box, cheap ass looking figure all the detail gone....
Banpresto's SS4 Vegeta Dokkan figure was a regular prize figure and ended up looking 10x better. Bandai are a f**king joke.
Anything new figures announced for July or beyond?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:58 am

majinwarman wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 pm Anything new figures announced for July or beyond?
This maybe off use to you:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:13 pm Re: DBS 2.0 & Retelling

Movie Ichiban Kuji re-release for June is not an error. Originally the Kuji started 2 weeks before the film so if the re-release happens a few weeks or just before first 1st Saturday of July....

All of Bandai's gashapons up to June have been filler, with Feb's SF the only thing to touch DBS Broly stuff.... we are due their July stuff in a few weeks. If my suspicions are correct we should get a lot of Broly stuff which would mean...

August Tag Fighters dropped movie tag, September's BoS SPECIAL & Match Makers have also dropped movie tags.... we are due April finals soon and if Grandista Gogeta hasn't dropped the movie tag... then that makes those very suspicious....

We are yet to get Premium solicitations for Movie Adverge 2, Gigantic Gogeta, Soft Collection Gogeta.... announced a while ago.

Basically, if the following happens I think that all but confirms:

. April Grandista has movie tag.
. July gashapon has a lot of movie stuff.
. June Kuji re-issue happens close to the 1st Saturday of July.
. Premium stuff is delayed to summer.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 am

Kitaro getting a second batch of 100 episodes throws a wrench at the theory of Super coming back this year tho.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:27 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 am Kitaro getting a second batch of 100 episodes throws a wrench at the theory of Super coming back this year tho.
It doesn't because Kitaro could easily change timeslots. Dragon Ball could, too, but that's less likely. Let's not talk too much about this here though :lol:
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:42 am

This months BWFC, even though they messed up Freeza's colouring might be a must own due to rarity of the form.

=======
FlpShimizu wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:27 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 am Kitaro getting a second batch of 100 episodes throws a wrench at the theory of Super coming back this year tho.
It doesn't because Kitaro could easily change timeslots. Dragon Ball could, too, but that's less likely. Let's not talk too much about this here though :lol:
We don't have a specific episode count for Kitaro either. Still 50+ ANN is reporting so it can literally end any time like Monster Hunter Stories, second season could literally mean one cour also, DBS while on air never got announcements for seasons.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm I happily pay Bandai if it means having easy access to figures normally restricted to lotteries and avoiding the need of having to pay the sometimes, frankly ridiculous prices those figures get in the aftermarket.

Furthermore, $30~$40 dollars is pretty cheap for PVC figures so, corner cutting on quality is to be expected. If the figures were on the scale of premium figures ($60 and upwards) then yeah, things like these wouldn't be acceptable.
That is a very poor excuse in my opinion. This isn't like Banpresto were their final version is revealed a month before release, Bandai literally revealed the figure a day before release and it wasn't reflective of the final version but a straight up lie. These Kuji figures are suppsoed to be higher quality than regular prize figures aimed at collectors hence why Bandai S got the Kuji transferred when they were formed. This is wholly unacceptable.

If you go to a restaurant and order a meal off the menu and it doesn't look as good or taste good, naturally you are gonna be pee'd off regardless of how much it cost.

I get you like SS4 Goku and looking for justifiable reasons to get this but frankly after Bandai release their best ever figure in the KC Broly there is no excuse for their behaviour. If you want to get this figure I have absolutely no problem with that but please don't make up excuses for these f**king bastards they don't deserve it. Horrible company. ¥10,000 HG figures and they are re-using moulds so pricing as nothing to do with quality for them they'll cut regardless. F**king trash company taking the piss out us fans.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:26 pm That is a very poor excuse in my opinion. This isn't like Banpresto were their final version is revealed a month before release, Bandai literally revealed the figure a day before release and it wasn't reflective of the final version but a straight up lie. These Kuji figures are suppsoed to be higher quality than regular prize figures aimed at collectors hence why Bandai S got the Kuji transferred when they were formed. This is wholly unacceptable.

If you go to a restaurant and order a meal off the menu and it doesn't look as good or taste good, naturally you are gonna be pee'd off regardless of how much it cost.

I get you like SS4 Goku and looking for justifiable reasons to get this but frankly after Bandai release their best ever figure in the KC Broly there is no excuse for their behaviour. If you want to get this figure I have absolutely no problem with that but please don't make up excuses for these f**king bastards they don't deserve it. Horrible company. ¥10,000 HG figures and they are re-using moulds so pricing as nothing to do with quality for them they'll cut regardless. F**king trash company taking the piss out us fans.
Is not an excuse, that is just how market works. Every single figure always has a disclaimer saying that production pictures aren't always reflective of the final product and every collector of prize figures is aware that minor flaws (paint smears, unpainted areas, etc) are bound to happen. And isn't like the japanese fans find the figure bad anyways, is still going for $50 and above on the secondary market; Mandarake even has it listed at a whooping $100 and still is out of stock.

You compare with the KC Broly but you're comparing apples and oranges there. That figure goes for $60~$80 dollars on every online retailer (and higher on the secondary market), putting it on the premium range of figures, much like the SMSP line. So, with the higher price, the quality is naturally higher.

Obviously I won't know until I have the actual figure on my hands, but looking at pictures of the figure in the wild, it doesn't look that different from the SSJ4 Goku Fes or the two recently released SSJ4 Gogetas figures which lack the finer details painted on their sculpts.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:00 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:26 pm That is a very poor excuse in my opinion. This isn't like Banpresto were their final version is revealed a month before release, Bandai literally revealed the figure a day before release and it wasn't reflective of the final version but a straight up lie. These Kuji figures are suppsoed to be higher quality than regular prize figures aimed at collectors hence why Bandai S got the Kuji transferred when they were formed. This is wholly unacceptable.

Is not an excuse, that is just how market works. Every single figure always has a disclaimer saying that production pictures aren't always reflective of the final product and every collector of prize figures is aware that minor flaws (paint smears, unpainted areas, etc) are bound to happen. And isn't like the japanese fans find the figure bad anyways, is still going for $50 and above on the secondary market; Mandarake even has it listed at a whooping $100 and still is out of stock.

You compare with the KC Broly but you're comparing apples and oranges there. That figure goes for $60~$80 dollars on every online retailer (and higher on the secondary market), putting it on the premium range of figures, much like the SMSP line. So, with the higher price, the quality is naturally higher.

Obviously I won't know until I have the actual figure on my hands, but looking at pictures of the figure in the wild, it doesn't look that different from the SSJ4 Goku Fes or the two recently released SSJ4 Gogetas figures which lack the finer details painted on their sculpts.
I was referring to your second point the first one was a fair enough.

But you are ignoring what I am saying. All that is understandable like what happened with my Omen Goku but the SS4 Goku straight up is not the same or even resembles the box image. It's a lie. Straight up lie, it's not a defect product. That's the point! The final version shouldn't be this severely downgraded. Yes they have a disclaimer and that is their out but as a company this was a shitty move. It was down on purpose.

It's not apples and oranges the KC Broly was released as a Kuji figure in Japan exactly the same way as the Dokkan figure. Ignore what they are selling it for in the West since prices in the West fluctuates a lot case in point July prize figures raised in price. Point it it was distributed in the same way in Japan with the same store ratio and everything. THERE IS NO EXCUSE!

Again you are comparing it to Banpresto figures which you shouldn't do since these are supposed to be of higher quality. You don't go to a 3 star michelin restaurant and get an underwhelming meal and justify it by saying at least it was better than McDonalds!

There is a reason I don't complain about Banpresto a lot, you eat at McDonalds get a McDonalds meal, but Kuji's are inherently supposed be of higher quality so when Bandai pull stunts like this I have to make a fuss.

I don't mean there to be any firction between us, so I'll leave it with this, I genuinely do hope you enjoy the figure.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Due to lack of interest in this thread I won't be keeping this updated or posting as regularly anymore, probably post a massive dump of info like I did a few posts ago once a while now. OP update will be haitus for now too.

I will still be active on Twitter so if folks want to follow me there, you can.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (On hiatus).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am

First look at the finished SDBH IK

https://twitter.com/DBGO06/status/1105114058431258624

UI Goku looks a bit derpy and Vegito Blue is such a boring pick, but the rest are real solid.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (On hiatus).

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am First look at the finished SDBH IK

https://twitter.com/DBGO06/status/1105114058431258624

UI Goku looks a bit derpy and Vegito Blue is such a boring pick, but the rest are real solid.
That's also one of the first full sized Masked Saiyan figures, correct? SSJ4 Vegito looks absolutely beautiful. Kind of wish we got a full size Cumber over Vegito Blue

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 pm

There's this one in a slightly smaller scale.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/581743

And yeah, Cumber would've been a much better pick than Vegito, or at least, they should've used the Prison Planet outfit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Just realized all the figures are based on card art
Can't find Vegito Blue's at the moment tho

EDIT:

Found him

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:25 am

I actually think UI Goku is pretty nice looking here with nice color contrast, dynamic flowing clothes and a serious pose. Totally don't mind getting him.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:50 am

Confirmed Movie Kuji re-release June 8th:

March Kuji poster:

July Ichiban Kuji production images:

Gigantic Series Gogeta, June ¥14,040:

FZ Cooler Production Image:

Transcendence Art Goku IRL:

Next update end of the month with Bandai's July gashapon.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:58 am
majinwarman wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 pm Anything new figures announced for July or beyond?
This maybe off use to you:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:13 pm Re: DBS 2.0 & Retelling

Movie Ichiban Kuji re-release for June is not an error. Originally the Kuji started 2 weeks before the film so if the re-release happens a few weeks or just before first 1st Saturday of July....

All of Bandai's gashapons up to June have been filler, with Feb's SF the only thing to touch DBS Broly stuff.... we are due their July stuff in a few weeks. If my suspicions are correct we should get a lot of Broly stuff which would mean...

August Tag Fighters dropped movie tag, September's BoS SPECIAL & Match Makers have also dropped movie tags.... we are due April finals soon and if Grandista Gogeta hasn't dropped the movie tag... then that makes those very suspicious....

We are yet to get Premium solicitations for Movie Adverge 2, Gigantic Gogeta, Soft Collection Gogeta.... announced a while ago.

Basically, if the following happens I think that all but confirms:

. April Grandista has movie tag.
. July gashapon has a lot of movie stuff.
. June Kuji re-issue happens close to the 1st Saturday of July.
. Premium stuff is delayed to summer.
Thanks.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:01 am

I recently noticed something odd on my Kamehamehax10 SSJ4 Goku figure
I don't know if is noticeable on the pictures though. The issue is that Goku's palms are noticeably darker, to the point that at first I thought it was grime. I tried cleaning it to no avail, and looking at pictures online, it seems like his palms are supposed to be darker for the shading. So, is most likely that mine just had some dodgy shading.

Has anyone noticed something similar on other figures?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:58 am

March Ichiban Kuji:

July Gogeta Soft Vinyl Collection ¥10,800 EACH:

July WCF TREASURE RALLY II GREAT SAIYAMAN VER Scan:

April UDM #36 Final Ver:

TBA Wafer Sticker x Capsule Figure Collection Gashapon:

Freeza cup:

#17 Clothing by Cospa:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:33 am

Those Gogeta things are scary.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Dang, the SSJ4 WCFs look pretty good

https://twitter.com/super_karinsama/sta ... 5109081088

Also, this custom made V4 looks fantastic, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends looking nicer than the official one.

https://twitter.com/Yochim19/status/1106749980658679808