Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Kagari » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:11 pm

About that Piccolo, even it seemed on AmiAmi pre-orders were closed very quickly... I wasn't able to get on in despite the other Coliseum figures being available.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:32 am

Calendar update:

July-
Treasure Rally WCF
Adverge 11

September-
DBS Match Makers SS Gogeta
DBS Match Makers SS Broly
DBS Blood of Saiyans SP VI

June Movie Kuji is still scheduled...

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:28 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
===
Michsi wrote:.
Welp there we go. I think that is it for Piccolo. September could be the final nail (pun not intended!) :( See ya my green friend.
I'm not entirely sure what this entails, but oh well, it's a miracle he's managed to hang on for so long despite his post-Cell Saga trackrecord. I think his design is one of the best looking in the entire series but even the biggest fans can get bored of that after 30 years.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Michsi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
===
Michsi wrote:.
Welp there we go. I think that is it for Piccolo. September could be the final nail (pun not intended!) :( See ya my green friend.
I'm not entirely sure what this entails, but oh well, it's a miracle he's managed to hang on for so long despite his post-Cell Saga trackrecord. I think his design is one of the best looking in the entire series but even the biggest fans can get bored of that after 30 years.
Despite what's happened in the series post Cell, he's still consistently top 4 characters among fans whenever a poll comes around.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:41 am

BWFC Prototype vs Final Versions:

April:
May, poor Vegeta:
June, no changes:
July, final version:

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Oof, I don't like the changes they made for the final version of that umbrella Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Kagari wrote:Oof, I don't like the changes they made for the final version of that umbrella Goku.
Aye. Looked 10x better with the tan skin.

Only one I am going to get his Kid Goku maybe Black too.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:07 am

Is there a reason why, like on the Goku/Frieza tag fighters and now the BWFCs, that they do away with finer details in the final releases? On the tag fighters, Frieza looks more scuffed up and had a better paint style (IMO) in his prototype variant over his final version. The Vegeta and Umbrella Goku speak for themselves honestly

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:17 am

Cutting costs most likely. these are after all, game prizes and thus, they need to cut corners here and there to be done in their allowed budget and let Banpresto make a profit. Is the same thing that happened with the Ik SSJ4 Goku, promotional material looked nicer than the actual figure because it had more paint apps highlighting finer details in the sculpt.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:15 am

Hey Baggie Saiyan, is that Masterlise SSB Goku from the DBS Broly movie the same scale as Grandista or more towards the IBK figures? Any chance to do a comparison of sort thanks.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:36 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Is there a reason why, like on the Goku/Frieza tag fighters and now the BWFCs, that they do away with finer details in the final releases? On the tag fighters, Frieza looks more scuffed up and had a better paint style (IMO) in his prototype variant over his final version. The Vegeta and Umbrella Goku speak for themselves honestly
Banpresto are starting to mess about again, it's like 2017 all over, Nakazawa's Piccolo from Scultures 7:
Prototype
Final Version:
I remember I was so looking forward to it but so much disappointment when they revealed the final...

Tag Fighters I agree, Freeza looked much better, I was gonna get Goku but realised no point without Freeza so decided to get a Kinto'un Kid Goku instead!

I am glad I haven't pre ordered any figures and now I deffo won't and will wait for final versions, next month we got UI "Omen", SSG Fes and Grandista Gogeta. Huge month they better not f**k it up!

SuperNingenGod wrote:Hey Baggie Saiyan, is that Masterlise SSB Goku from the DBS Broly movie the same scale as Grandista or more towards the IBK figures? Any chance to do a comparison of sort thanks.
Here's a comparison with Grandista UI Goku and December 2017 Kuji SSGSS Goku:

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:54 am

Thank you Baggie, so it's more in scale with IBK then.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:43 am

Curious, the Bing Bang Kamehame Ha SSJ4 Gogeta and the Dokkan's SSJ4 Vegeta are available now for preorder at AmiAmi on what I assume, their overseas versions. First time I see that on AmiAmi.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:15 pm

YoungJiji modded his Tag Fighters Goku and looks fantastic

https://twitter.com/youngjijii/status/1 ... 3468867585

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:37 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Curious, the Bing Bang Kamehame Ha SSJ4 Gogeta and the Dokkan's SSJ4 Vegeta are available now for preorder at AmiAmi on what I assume, their overseas versions. First time I see that on AmiAmi.
Yeah they're on Amazon too. Believe it or not I found one that was a package deal.

What I dont get is though, Dokkan SSJ4 Vegeta goes for ~35 on its own on Amazon, but SSJ4 Goku is like $100. Why such a huge difference?
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:48 pm

YonedgeHP wrote: Can you give a link for one of those? I'm especially interested in getting a Half-corrupted Fused Zamas one.
Still no images but Bandai have tentatively scheduled the two SHF Zamasu for August ¥6,500 RRP each. No idea if the fusion Zamasu will be the half corrupted one. Since we are in March should get images around April time for them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Yeah they're on Amazon too. Believe it or not I found one that was a package deal.

What I dont get is though, Dokkan SSJ4 Vegeta goes for ~35 on its own on Amazon, but SSJ4 Goku is like $100. Why such a huge difference?
Well, Amazon prizes are based on resellers to begin with, so the prizes are already jacked up. But the huge difference is because Vegeta was a regular release on the prize machines while the Goku was only available as prizes on the Ichiban Kuji lottery, thus, harder to get.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:50 am

July prods, scans incl the regular Treasure Rally WCF soon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Oof, Gogeta's red hair doesn't look that good.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 pm

HQ July production images of Gogeta and #18

Out today G&G Bulma II: