Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:42 pm

An official look at Tamashii Nations' S.H. Figurarts Jiren.
Set for a January 2020 release in Japan at a 5,500 yen price.

A comparison with the original prototype:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:08 pm

July packaging:

August Tag & Legends Collab packaging & final ver:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Now that I know GT Gogeta has actual red hair, I'm super pumped to get mine. Legends' Gogeta also looks pretty cool.

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:51 pm $10 Bandai America movie figs
Another update on this figure line, which is now called "Dragon Ball Evolve" (heh, heh). Still under the label of "coming soon", but preorder listings on Toy Wiz are strangly inconsistent with prices. :oops:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Those actually don't look bad for $10 bucks.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:43 pm

UltraPrimus22 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:20 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:51 pm $10 Bandai America movie figs
Another update on this figure line, which is now called "Dragon Ball Evolve" (heh, heh). Still under the label of "coming soon", but preorder listings on Toy Wiz are strangly inconsistent with prices. :oops:

Yeah BlueBasilisk said that Toywiz scalp up prices when pre orders start to get low. Totally unprofessional of them but I guess when companies like Bandai flat out lie to fans anything goes nowadays!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:52 am

guernicass4 posted some final IRL pics of August Legends Collab & September GxMateria. Gx is less sparkly but the gi colour is a lot better. Legends Collab Gogeta head seems to be looking more up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:09 pm

The GX Materia losing shininess on the KamehameHa effect is pretty lame. That was what made it stand out originally!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 am

The GT Gokus look badly proportionated, bummer. Goku Xeno looks fantastic at least.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 am

Scans. Jan 2020 Chapter 6 Ultimate and SS2 Gohan:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 am The GT Gokus look badly proportionated, bummer. Goku Xeno looks fantastic at least.
Quite a few people have mentioned how bad they look & knowing how extremely picky I am I actually don't mind them! I think it's the production image that is making them seen off they seemed fine at prize fair.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:42 pm

I sure hope is a poor production image. Because you're right, the prototypes at Prize Fair looked much better, they didn't have giant heads for one. I had the small hope it was a single figure with exchangeable heads but I see that no, there are two variants. If I decide to get one, I'm definitely going for the Base Goku one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:50 am

Well, today I got my FES GT Goku SSJ3 and BoS SSJ4 Vegeta. Pretty happy with them.
However, I don't know if is because of the lightning in my room but Vegeta's color doesn't look as good as Goku's. Particularly the fur that is a weird bright pink (that with a camera's flash looks red in pictures) very similar to the fur in the KMHMH x10 Goku figure. Besides that, the sculpt is very well done and the metallic hair gimmick of the BoS line is more noticeable with Vegeta's brown hair.

On the other hand, I ended up liking the SSJ3 Goku more than I thought
The colors are vibrant and the sculpt translated pretty faithfully the art is based on. A little too well, since is obvious that pic was never thought to be seen from a different angle and thus, it does look awkward on other angles, making hard to find a good angle to exhibit on your shelf. Still, being the first proper figure of GTku in years makes it up for it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:27 am

November GT Kuji with DBS logo....f**k off with that. Oozaru is LO so no overseas....:(

Goku & Vegeta look off facial wise. Gogeta looks great excpet the fact his hands don't fully touch his hips...bothers me. 25cm for all 3 is great news.

Oozaru looks great but will be impossible to get him so may aswell except that now! Of course this is all probably gonna look worse anyway.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 pm

All four figures look really good. I'm surprised that it took them this long to make a Gogeta figure in that pose, since is one of the most commonly used in promotional stuff.

Goku and Vegeta, on the other hand, are without a doubt, inspired by Dokkan's 4th-anniversary title screen.

But as nice as the SSJ4s are, the real star is the Golden Oozaru and is a damn shame is LO. Is going to be really hard to get it overseas but damn if I won't try.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Figuarts UI Goku has been revealed

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:54 pm

Weird face sculpt, wrong hair, weird joint where the chest and abs meet.
I sure hope the final figure looks different.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:49 am

HQ Updated prods:

October Wafer samples HQ:

HQNovember SDBH 9AF Adverge 2:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:06 am

Goku Xeno keeps looking better and better. No updated pics for the GTku Dragon Fist?

And man, Vegeta Xeno and V4 getting Adverges is a pleasant surprise. I'm picking them for sure. Any guesses for the two secret ones? I'm thinking Pan Xeno and Gogeta Xeno Kaio Ken.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:06 am Goku Xeno keeps looking better and better. No updated pics for the GTku Dragon Fist?

And man, Vegeta Xeno and V4 getting Adverges is a pleasant surprise. I'm picking them for sure. Any guesses for the two secret ones? I'm thinking Pan Xeno and Gogeta Xeno Kaio Ken.
I have no idea on anything when it comes to the DBH stuff lol. But surely one has to be a Goku? November is a long way off maybe some more Heroes things will happen? Should get the scan soon so maybe that'll have more info.

GT Goku's are "not ready" yet...we never got updated prods for October's Restuden so I think we might not get the GT Goku's this month.