Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by TheNingen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheNingen wrote:When's the release date for it? Also lol at them not giving us an SSJ Broly. Yet we get every form of Gogeta.
Supposed to be May but it is now July.

Well we do have the February SDBH Skills Figures for SS Broly (re use of mould of course) at least...

Bandai, Bandai Spirits no difference same BS shenanigans we have to deal with!
I mean in the HG scale figures. Or bigger too. HG they've given us every form but SS Broly

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by DasMuse » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:08 pm

I couldn't resist and ordered the HG Goku/Vegeta fusion set. The failed fusion gogetas tipped the scales for me :lol: ... It's the first HG set i've ever ordered so I don't really mind that some of them are recolors. It kinda does make me want the SS God Vegeta from the last set though.

EpicMew2

Post by EpicMew2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 am

DasMuse wrote:I couldn't resist and ordered the HG Goku/Vegeta fusion set. The failed fusion gogetas tipped the scales for me :lol: ... It's the first HG set i've ever ordered so I don't really mind that some of them are recolors. It kinda does make me want the SS God Vegeta from the last set though.
May I ask how much you paid?
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.”
- Kamina

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:33 am

EpicMew2 wrote:
DasMuse wrote:I couldn't resist and ordered the HG Goku/Vegeta fusion set. The failed fusion gogetas tipped the scales for me :lol: ... It's the first HG set i've ever ordered so I don't really mind that some of them are recolors. It kinda does make me want the SS God Vegeta from the last set though.
May I ask how much you paid?
This is where I ordered it:
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanes ... n-hg-.html

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am

Ok. I’m here because I've been hearing that because merch is seemingly not planned for April and July, Super def isn’t coming back in those months. I have some questions.

1. Could it be that they are just throwing us off as to avoid spoiling DBS’s return?

2. Is it 100% official that there will be no merch in those months?

3. Could it be that DBS starts with a Broly movie retelling which would mean having the same characters who already have figures from being in the Broly movie which would explain the lack of merch in either April or July?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok. I’m here because I've been hearing that because merch is seemingly not planned for April and July, Super def isn’t coming back in those months. I have some questions.

1. Could it be that they are just throwing us off as to avoid spoiling DBS’s return?

3. Could it be that DBS starts with a Broly movie retelling which would mean having the same characters who already have figures from being in the Broly movie which would explain the lack of merch in either April or July?
We don't have Banpresto's July's plans yet when we should have 2 months ago, which to me implies DBS is returning then. (They above HGs were supposed to come out in May but Bandai delayed them until July so they weren't planned for July).

April's is more or less 100% confirmed (unless there is some exclusive merch to come out then), but then May & June are continuing to focus on movie & late ToP for DBS stuff.

End of this month we'll get Bandai's May plans, then next month calender update again but also the next prize fair is in Feb (show off summer figures) so in a month or so we'll have a better idea of where we stand.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok. I’m here because I've been hearing that because merch is seemingly not planned for April and July, Super def isn’t coming back in those months. I have some questions.

We don't have Banpresto's July's plans yet when we should have 2 months ago, which to me implies DBS is returning then. (They above HGs were supposed to come out in May but Bandai delayed them until July so they weren't planned for July).

April's is more or less 100% confirmed (unless there is some exclusive merch to come out then), but then May & June are continuing to focus on movie & late ToP for DBS stuff.

End of this month we'll get Bandai's May plans, then next month calender update again but also the next prize fair is in Feb (show off summer figures) so in a month or so we'll have a better idea of where we stand.
Cool.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 am

May Ichiban Kuji Overseas figures... massive kick in the bollocks if these are all we're getting....

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:31 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:May Ichiban Kuji Overseas figures... massive kick in the bollocks if these are all we're getting....
That Broly looks very much like that Toyotaro's drawing. He should feel proud

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Gashapon survery time, would appreciate if people can spare a few mins going through these, important one as always is selecting favourite arcs and what you want as new characters being DBS ones and characters and select no you don't collect SDBH stuff!

HG #01:
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/121

HG #02:
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/226

UDM #35:
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/18

UDM THE BEST #28:
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/123

Kura Sushi Mascot #03:
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/27

Kura Sushi Mascot #02 (general re-release this month):
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/172

VS #09:
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/56

UG #09:
https://gashapon.jp/member/researches/charaenq/168

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:57 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:May Ichiban Kuji Overseas figures... massive kick in the bollocks if these are all we're getting....
That Broly looks very much like that Toyotaro's drawing. He should feel proud
It's actually based on a shot from the movie.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:40 am

ArchedThunder wrote: It's actually based on a shot from the movie.
I've watched the movie multiple times, Broly doesn't make that move while in SS and there is never a clear shot for reference when he does something like it in base (third person shot or from his back side), nothing comes closer to it than this:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:10 am

mute_proxy wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: It's actually based on a shot from the movie.
I've watched the movie multiple times, Broly doesn't make that move while in SS and there is never a clear shot for reference when he does something like it in base (third person shot or from his back side), nothing comes closer to it than this:
The exact pose is made in the movie with that arm being the one punching, while Toyo has it flipped.
It's when SSJ Gogeta is fighting him and Broly throws a big punch and Gogeta dodges it. Broly looks absolutely massive in the shot.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:15 am

ArchedThunder wrote: The exact pose is made in the movie with that arm being the one punching, while Toyo has it flipped.
It's when SSJ Gogeta is fighting him and Broly throws a big punch and Gogeta dodges it. Broly looks absolutely massive in the shot.
Oh, you're right, but he has his mouth completely open, so I'm still going more for Toyotaro, the shot in the movie looks a lot more "crazy" than this one too

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:10 am

May Banpresto production images, scans soon, nothing DBS:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:May Banpresto production images, scans soon, nothing DBS:
Hey, if WCF Heroes vol.6 is coming May, do we know anything about March and April?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 am

SDBH WCF Vol.6 scan w/ ratios:

=======
mute_proxy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:May Banpresto production images, scans soon, nothing DBS:
Hey, if WCF Heroes vol.6 is coming May, do we know anything about March and April?
March Banpresto figures
April:
I assume you're curious about March's SDBH WCF Vol.5? In that case the blanks are UI Goku & SS4 Vegetto but no reveal yet won't happen until next month when we get March final versions.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:15 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
March Banpresto figures
Oooh is that a SS4 Bardock? A Broly, a Gohan and now a Bardock, the ultimate non canon team (including the main GT canon SS4s), can't wait for SS4 Trunks :clap:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 am

I will be very surprised if Banpresto do more SDBH merch (other than WCFs from what I remember still got fairly decent orders so those will probably be safe) beyond what they have planned, they went in hard no doubt with this PR anime thing and interest in these figures weren't high as a result orders dwindled if things haven't picked up in March & May that could be it.

This is all Bandai's though, they don't seem to understand that they can't cross over two different things, SDBH is a card game aimed at 6 years, main series and figures etc aimed at 15 years old, yet Bandai just keep wanna push SDBH in that bracket (I understand why as that is where most of the money is at) but it seemed that this PR anime was them being like oooh look anime so please buy figures!