Could the end of the Arc result in 18 Universes Again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Could the end of the Arc result in 18 Universes Again?

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm banking on the idea that the wish the best fighter gets will be to revive the destroyed universes. Goku will probably end up the best fighter and will be tasked with reviving all the destroyed universes with the Super Dragon Balls.

When Goku, Beerus, Whis, Supreme Kai, and co. wish to revive the universes, they will say "Revive all the universes that Zeno-sama has destroyed." This word choice they use with Super Shenron will result in all 18 universes existing again.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Could the end of the Arc result in 18 Universes Again?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:36 pm

I don't think it is gonna be that simple. I don't think the Super DB's are that powerful. They wouldn't risk giving a free wish if the Super DB's can easily undo their erasing. Remember the Zen-Oh button in the Trunks arc? How every thought it was gonna be an easy way out... Well that wasn't the case and I feel the same thing will happen here, it is too obvious.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:50 pm

I don't care at all to be honest. Toriyama already wasted all of the universes concept by reducing them to simple excuses to get new powerful opponents in the tournaments and /or villains. I'm still waiting to see Salad, or any place of U6 like Namek. The potential wasted in the 12 universes is already too much, we don't need another 6 universes that are not going to be explored. So there won't be a really big difference if they come back, if anything they can try some type of «tragic» villain.

Seriously, I still don't get why we didn't at least get a bit of U6 world building before this tournament. :|
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:20 pm

I would like to see more on what happen to the older universes. What if Zeno erase them for a reason? Maybe they could have the GoD and Angels from those universe try to get revenge on Zeno.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:I'm banking on the idea that the wish the best fighter gets will be to revive the destroyed universes. Goku will probably end up the best fighter and will be tasked with reviving all the destroyed universes with the Super Dragon Balls.

When Goku, Beerus, Whis, Supreme Kai, and co. wish to revive the universes, they will say "Revive all the universes that Zeno-sama has destroyed." This word choice they use with Super Shenron will result in all 18 universes existing again.
I THOUGHT THE SAME THING.
When at the end of "Battle of Gods" we have talked about the 12 universes, long after they have become more relevant in the story (Champa and his fighters, Zamas and Black Goku, ecc.). Some time ago we discovered that initially were 18 ... I think the Tournament of Power aims to extend the multiverse for future arcs.
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Kouga wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:I'm banking on the idea that the wish the best fighter gets will be to revive the destroyed universes. Goku will probably end up the best fighter and will be tasked with reviving all the destroyed universes with the Super Dragon Balls.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING.
When at the end of "Battle of Gods" we have talked about the 12 universes, long after they have become more relevant in the story (Champa and his fighters, Zamas and Black Goku, ecc.). Some time ago we discovered that initially were 18 ... I think the Tournament of Power aims to extend the multiverse for future arcs.
Agreed. And they can make an arc about any of those 18 universes.

:D

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:52 am

Yes! I think so! Good thread.

I feel like they did this on purpose. You know, introducing the whole concept of there originally being 18 universes. I feel like Toriyama wasn't satisfied with just 12 universes, because thst means 12 God of Destruction designs. And obviously he had far more designs he wanted to introduce! So that's why he came up with the perfect excuse: there used to be 18 universes in all, i'm telling you guys, they're going to be revived! If it's not by the Super Dragon Balls, it will be by the Zenoshin's hand. AT wasn't satisfied with the amount of designs he could create, (just like how he wasn't satisfied with the BOG movie's timelimit for the same reason!

Anyways, this is just my theory.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:54 am

I think it will. Toriyama probably put that little bit of information in the Future Trunks arc to foreshadow those universes coming back in the future.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:56 am

emperior wrote:I think it will. Toriyama probably put that little bit of information in the Future Trunks arc to foreshadow those universes coming back in the future.
And the new arc will be kicked off because of those universes..
Maybe there was a threat there which zeno purposely wiped out
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:07 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
emperior wrote:I think it will. Toriyama probably put that little bit of information in the Future Trunks arc to foreshadow those universes coming back in the future.
And the new arc will be kicked off because of those universes..
Maybe there was a threat there which zeno purposely wiped out
Yeah it might be. I also wonder if those 6 universes were clones of the remaining ones (like U6 and U7) which would also mean many of the universes we see now might not have their clone universe anymore, and had to be re-numbered. Or maybe those 6 universes were just universe 13 to 18.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:07 am

We cant be sure what Zeno(s) is up to.

During U6/U7 meet up, it was him that popped up, saying things like how interesting Goku is, to me they're both kids. I always wondered what made him show up, cause Beerus/Champa's reaction meant they expected this to pass by unnoticed. Something tells me it's Goku.

He may be pulling another "monaka" on Goku, forcing him to go all serious, just to pull another beerus-destroys-(a-bit-of)-earth on all universes and popping the old six back in.

Ps, what happened to the story of all 12 universes equal universe 13 as one? Very fragmented story
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:57 am

I believe that was popularly mistranslated by a fan. What Whis detailed is that a paired universe could be cataloged via solving for the sum of 13. For example, Universe 4 is paired with Universe 9 because 4 plus 9 equals 13. Aside from the destroyed Universe 13 (set with 14-18), there's no Universe 13.

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 pm

If this is going to have 18 universes again, the univerves 13-18 will sum "31" which is the opposite of "13" - 13+18 = 31; 14+17 = 31; 15+16 = 31

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 am

Dai-Saiyajin wrote:If this is going to have 18 universes again, the univerves 13-18 will sum "31" which is the opposite of "13" - 13+18 = 31; 14+17 = 31; 15+16 = 31
hmmm interesting.

anyway what if towards the middle of the arc, the 2 zeno have a disagreement and erase each other.