Latin American Super Dub Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Latin American Super Dub Thread

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 pm

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I cant wait for the dub!

http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/02/dragon-b ... renda.html
Last edited by Cure Dragon 255 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: LATIN AMERICAN DUB CONFIRMED (Brenda Nava Confirmed as translator!)

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:29 pm

I think that leaves Brazil as the only country that isn't confirmed to get Dragon Ball Super yet right? Don't remember if Argentina already has it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 pm

"Facepalm". You DO know Argentina is in Latin America do you?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 pm

I updated my post and didn't see this one lol
Grimlock wrote:I think that leaves Brazil as the only country that isn't confirmed to get Dragon Ball Super yet right? Don't remember if Argentina already has it.
Argentina is part of Latin America, we all have the same dub.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 pm

They've been teasing it for more than a year now, I think. :? At this point I don't even care until they announce the air date.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Alee9977 wrote:Argentina is part of Latin America, we all have the same dub.
I see. It's missing just Brazil then.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Grimlock wrote:I think that leaves Brazil as the only country that isn't confirmed to get Dragon Ball Super yet right? Don't remember if Argentina already has it.
Well, counting all the big western anime markets, Brazil and Germany are the only two countries that doesn't have a dub for Dragon Ball Super in process yet.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:33 pm

I only hope that Lalo Garza won't be the director of the dub, he's too much lousy with his idioms and the same mediocre translations/scripts. No offense.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:13 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:I only hope that Lalo Garza won't be the director of the dub, he's too much lousy with his idioms and the same mediocre translations/scripts. No offense.
It's too late, he'll be the voice director :(

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:43 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:I only hope that Lalo Garza won't be the director of the dub, he's too much lousy with his idioms and the same mediocre translations/scripts. No offense.
Z spanish dub while considered a great dub, it had couple of screwups during some scenes.

For example, when Tao Pai Pai sees Goku again, he says I'm..confused, instead of saying Damn it, because the original script Tao says shimata (oh shit), which kinda ruins the joke.

As long as its better than the original Saint Seiya Dub and doesnt have stuff like Junini and overcomplicated dialogue, then it should be fine.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Shimata is not shit.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Shimata is not shit.
Right, "Kuso" and other synonyms yes.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Grimlock wrote: I see. It's missing just Brazil then.
I just hope Wendel Bezerra (Goku's VA) convince the guys from Toei to dub Super in his own studio, Unidub (the same studio where BoG and RoF were dubbed).

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:38 am

Tian wrote:
I just hope Wendel Bezerra (Goku's VA) convince the guys from Toei to dub Super in his own studio, Unidub (the same studio where BoG and RoF were dubbed).
Form what I've seen a lot of brazilian fans are scaed that won't happen because all of the most recent anime dubs have been going to Rio de Janeiro, while Wendel Bezerra's studio is in São Paulo if I'm not mistaken.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:44 am

I'm hyped, HYPED!
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Tian wrote:
Form what I've seen a lot of brazilian fans are scaed that won't happen because all of the most recent anime dubs have been going to Rio de Janeiro, while Wendel Bezerra's studio is in São Paulo if I'm not mistaken.
Actually that happened only with Pokemon and not with all recent brazilian anime dubs. Pokemon had 18 seasons dubbed in São Paulo since 1999 with almost the same cast for the main characters, but in XY&Z they moved the dub from São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro with an entire different cast.
Actually, the first 3 Pokemon movies were dubbed in Rio de Janeiro in 2000-2002, but the original cast from São Paulo travelled to Rio and did their roles there, but since XY&Z was dubbed in a different studio in recently, they replaced everyone from the original cast.
That happened because Fábio Lucindo(Brazilian Ash, and also Brazilian Krillin too) moved to Portugal to study on Coimbra college. He was recording Ash's lines in the recent seasons in a SDI Media branch in Lisboa; but that seemed to be an expensive thing to Pokemon Company, so they wanted initially to change only him, but all the rest of cast and many fans around Brazil protested about this, including an online petition with 1 million of signatures was directioned for Pokemon Company to not replace Lucindo on Ash's role.
So, instead of only replace Fábio Lucindo, they decided to replace... everybody. And they did it.

However, that will not happen with Dragon Ball Super. What happened with Pokemon was a stupid and greedy decision from Pokemon Company and SDI Media; Toei Animation had made stupid decisions for Latin American and Brazilian markets in the past(One Piece, Dragon Ball Kai), but they will not do something so dumb and stupid with DBS as what happened with Pokemon in Brazil.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:31 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Tian wrote:
Actually that happened only with Pokemon and not with all recent brazilian anime dubs. Pokemon had 18 seasons dubbed in São Paulo since 1999 with almost the same cast for the main characters, but in XY&Z they moved the dub from São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro with an entire different cast.
Actually, the first 3 Pokemon movies were dubbed in Rio de Janeiro in 2000-2002, but the original cast from São Paulo travelled to Rio and did their roles there, but since XY&Z was dubbed in a different studio in recently, they replaced everyone from the original cast.
That happened because Fábio Lucindo(Brazilian Ash, and also Brazilian Krillin too) moved to Portugal to study on Coimbra college. He was recording Ash's lines in the recent seasons in a SDI Media branch in Lisboa; but that seemed to be an expensive thing to Pokemon Company, so they wanted initially to change only him, but all the rest of cast and many fans around Brazil protested about this, including an online petition with 1 million of signatures was directioned for Pokemon Company to not replace Lucindo on Ash's role.
So, instead of only replace Fábio Lucindo, they decided to replace... everybody. And they did it.

However, that will not happen with Dragon Ball Super. What happened with Pokemon was a stupid and greedy decision from Pokemon Company and SDI Media; Toei Animation had made stupid decisions for Latin American and Brazilian markets in the past(One Piece, Dragon Ball Kai), but they will not do something so dumb and stupid with DBS as what happened with Pokemon in Brazil.
Let's hope that doesn't happen to you guys. I'm enjoying my Portuguese DBS dub so I hope you guys can enjoy yours when you eventually get it.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:41 pm

I'm a bit worried about who Lalo Garza will cast as Zamasu because the guy is known for his nepotism and black list of VAs :thumbdown: (the actor who don't get along well with him). I hope he casts either Manuel Campuzano, Rolando de la Fuente or José Antonio Macías because they are great choices for Zamasu. :)

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:55 pm

I doubt Lalo Garza will cast himself as Zamasu, because he is Krillin already and hate him or not he knows that wouldnt be kosher. He could cast one of his friends and that worries me.

Also. where has it been confirmed that Lalo Garza will direct? He hasnt said anything on his twitter, and ANMTVLA hasnt said anything either.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I doubt Lalo Garza will cast himself as Zamasu, because he is Krillin already and hate him or not he knows that wouldnt be kosher. He could cast one of his friends and that worries me.

Also. where has it been confirmed that Lalo Garza will direct? He hasnt said anything on his twitter, and ANMTVLA hasnt said anything either.
Some guys at ANMTVLA commented he was chosen as the director but I just checked Doblaje Wikia (where I'm user) and it seems it was rumour, I feel stupid for believing that. :oops: that means we still have hope to get Luis Alfonso Mendoza as the director.