Latin American Super Dub Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Torturephile
Regular

Re: LATIN AMERICAN DUB CONFIRMED (Brenda Nava Confirmed as translator!)

Post by Torturephile » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Tian wrote:Okay, my only thought about the dub of this episode is...Goddamnit! Trunks' voice was changed! In this episode, rather than be voiced by Sergio Bonilla as usual, he was voiced by Victor Ruiz (Saitama in One Punch Man).
I wonder what happened to Bonilla. Ruiz did a fine job as Future Trunks (even better acting, in my opinion), but it caught me by surprise that Future Trunks had a different actor right in his last episode. Reminds me of Z when characters suddenly had another voice.

I wonder, did episode 68 air today? I thought they would not show the next episode preview for it since they were pulling a reset.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Torturephile wrote: I wonder, did episode 68 air today? I thought they would not show the next episode preview for it since they were pulling a reset.
Sadly, no. Cartoon Network was serious about going back to episode 1.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:11 am

If you guys were expecting new episodes after the reprise that started in November, then I have bad news...
No new episodes. The series will be reprised again in February since CN is awaiting for more dubbed episodes.

Source: http://anmtv.xpg.com.br/dragon-ball-sup ... n-network/

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 am

That's Brazil, Sure I know you are right and that CN likes to keep Latin America and Brazil in Sync. God I hate ANMTVLA when they dont report stuff like this.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

I have bad news. Very bad news indeed. The narrator's VA, José Lavat passed away today... :(

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Tue May 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Tian wrote:I have bad news. Very bad news indeed. The narrator's VA, José Lavat passed away today... :(
That's.... Um.. How... I don't even know how to respond.
That is really bad news. Jose Lavat was one of my favorite actors from the LatAm dub. It's really sad that we won't here his voice anymore. QEPD one of Mexico's best, Pepe Lavat.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Tian wrote:I have bad news. Very bad news indeed. The narrator's VA, José Lavat passed away today... :(
That's sad. I wonder if Carlos Becerrill (DB episodes 1-60) would retake the role of narrator again

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 pm

I loved the first Narrator of Dragon Ball but his voice no longer fits Dragon Ball as it is now.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 pm

I have good news :
Sergio Morel will be the voice actor of Maji-Kayo and Iru
https://mobile.twitter.com/morelactor/s ... 1581235200
I always wanted to hear him in Dragon Ball. He's one of my favourite Mexican VAs.

Edit :
Betzabé Jara confirmed she participated in the dub but she didn't say who she voiced :
https://mobile.twitter.com/Betzjc/statu ... 4328945664

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 pm

Dyspo and Jiren's voice actors have been revealed!

Dyspo will be voiced by Carlos Hernández (Ben Tennyson in Ben 10 Alien Force, Ultimate Alien and Omniverse, Chazz Princeton in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Kai Smith in Lego Ninjago)

And Jiren will be voiced, according to what Mario Castañeda said in a recent con, by a colombian guy who has voiced a supervillain in a recent superhero movie. And that supervillain wears a gauntlet. His voice actor is...

Juan Carlos Tinoco (Thanos in Marvel Cinematographic Universe, Brian Griffin in Family Guy and the recurring voice of Dwayne Johnson)

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue May 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Tian wrote:And Jiren will be voiced, according to what Mario Castañeda said in a recent con, by a colombian guy who has voiced a supervillain in a recent superhero movie. And that supervillain wears a gauntlet. His voice actor is...

Juan Carlos Tinoco (Thanos in Marvel Cinematographic Universe, Brian Griffin in Family Guy and the recurring voice of Dwayne Johnson)
I never knew I wanted Thanos vs Goku so much until I read this :clap:
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue May 22, 2018 4:26 pm

any idea of when will the ToP be broadcast?

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 am

Anyone's got a list of audience numbers for this dub? I'm trying to collect information in order to persue a norwegian tv channel airing dbz kai: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42329

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Apparently Adrián Barba is going to sing the 2nd opening but only if Toei accepts to use his lyrics.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Tian wrote:Apparently Adrián Barba is going to sing the 2nd opening but only if Toei accepts to use his lyrics.
I see a second coming of the "Adrian Barba did X better" meme spam on YouTube.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Guys, guys, guys! CN LA had shown the official dub of the 2nd opening on a Facebook live!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... .html&_rdr
(The opening starts at 5:29)

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Not gonna lie, I didn't like the opening at all. Oh well, it's not a big deal, the important thing is we are getting the episodes soon.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Well, I do not blame anyone for what the OP is currently going through because the audio is altered when the mixes going through . I'm excited by the new voices of the characters

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:58 am

That opening was worse than I imagined. It makes "Vuela, Pega, y Esquiva" sound like a masterpiece.
Probably what annoyed me the most is that quite a few lyrics are taken from Adrian Barba's version. I mean, if you're gonna steal his lyrics you might as well get him to sing the damn song, right? :evil:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 pm

This almost made me chuckle. Looks like they learned nothing from last year. I can't wait to hear more butchered LatAm dubs of the ending themes.
EGonzo wrote:That opening was worse than I imagined. It makes "Vuela, Pega, y Esquiva" sound like a masterpiece.
Probably what annoyed me the most is that quite a few lyrics are taken from Adrian Barba's version. I mean, if you're gonna steal his lyrics you might as well get him to sing the damn song, right? :evil:
The singer also sounded to me like a less talented version of Barba on drugs.