Goku's next teacher and transformation

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Goku's next teacher and transformation

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:08 pm

While watching uub vs Goku something came to my mind, if we are slowly going towards eoz , Goku will need to get out of his gi sooner or later..
He needs to be in this outfit
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That outfit has eeriely similar colour combination as the grand priest's attire
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He is whis's father and much stonger, it makes sense for him to be the next teacher goku has, also zeno would definitely allow it if goku tells he wants to train under him..

Also, blue hair dosen't exactly go the best with a blue gi, that could give us a clue what Goku's next transformation might look like colour wise?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Goku's next teacher and transformation

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:While watching uub vs Goku something came to my mind, if we are slowly going towards eoz , Goku will need to get out of his gi sooner or later..
He needs to be in this outfit
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That outfit has eeriely similar colour combination as the grand priest's attire
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He is whis's father and much stonger, it makes sense for him to be the next teacher goku has, also zeno would definitely allow it if goku tells he wants to train under him..

Also, blue hair dosen't exactly go the best with a blue gi, that could give us a clue what Goku's next transformation might look like colour wise?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Firstly, I'd love to see Goku in Super be in his EoZ outfit. I think he'd look great in it. Always wanted to see him in it more. As far as Goku getting a new teacher down the line in Super, it's definitely possible. It's also possible that sometime down the line Daishinkan is the one who trains him. I honestly think it'd be cool if he got trained by the Daishinkan.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:31 am

I really don't think eoz will be used. Tho dbz ended at episode 289.
Dbs will be different
Vados Sama!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 am

I would really love it if Goku uses his EoZ outfit before Super enters its final arc or on its final arc, seems a waste that we only see the gi at the end barely used.

Still I'm surprised with how everything happening now, there are ki's not known to Goku and maybe even throughout the other universes as well, why would he limit himself on teaching Oob when he himself has much to learn, I seem to have misread Goku, thought he would prefer to learn new stuffs about fighting rather than training someone to fight him someday.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:23 am

Smilodon wrote:I really don't think eoz will be used. Tho dbz ended at episode 289.
Dbs will be different
Isn't that episode when Goku arrives late to the party? If so, that episode is filler.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:32 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I would really love it if Goku uses his EoZ outfit before Super enters its final arc or on its final arc, seems a waste that we only see the gi at the end barely used.

Still I'm surprised with how everything happening now, there are ki's not known to Goku and maybe even throughout the other universes as well, why would he limit himself on teaching Oob when he himself has much to learn, I seem to have misread Goku, thought he would prefer to learn new stuffs about fighting rather than training someone to fight him someday.
You're assuming that he won't have learned these things by then, and also that they're even worth learning.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 am

Simere wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I would really love it if Goku uses his EoZ outfit before Super enters its final arc or on its final arc, seems a waste that we only see the gi at the end barely used.

You're assuming that he won't have learned these things by then, and also that they're even worth learning.
Goku mastering those for 2-3yrs is sort of a lil too much.
Theres nothing worth not learning when it comes to fighting for Goku, especially when it comes to different usage of ki's.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:03 pm

What if the orginal ending will be made an alternate timeline. As if the stuff in super didn't play out the same...?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:51 pm

You guys may hate this idea...but I was wondering what if Grandpa Gohan had a few strings pulled for him and attended the Universe Survival tournament? As a guest obviously not a fighter. He could be not a teacher of Martial Arts but of life to Goku.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:19 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:He could be not a teacher of Martial Arts but of life to Goku.
Elaborate on this a little?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Again, thank to the power of FireFox, I found that colors are not matching at all.
But I found that the cyan Gi is the inverse HEX color of the orange one in RGB spectrum XD. So probably that's the original source: an "inverse tone" experiment.

As for a new master, somehow I doubt that will be the grand priest, that to me sound more of the evil one behind everything.
And, as for new forms... no, stop. Blue wasn't received as well as SSJ, so I think they will stop with forms and will work more on the plot and character personality.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:29 pm

EoZ dougi is one of my favorites. I'd be happy to see Gokû wearing it, but I feel Shueisha's just trapped in nostalgia-wear. It was a miracle of sorts we even got new outfits for him and Vegeta that lasted a whole two arcs.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm

MagmonKai wrote:What if the orginal ending will be made an alternate timeline.
I always thought that that could possibly be the case for GT.

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Beek King » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:47 pm

superfan2024 wrote:
GT is too radically different to be a different timeline in-universe at this point. It's only an alternate universe in a meta sense.
Do whatever you like, ghost.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Beek King wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:
GT is too radically different to be a different timeline in-universe at this point. It's only an alternate universe in a meta sense.
I think GT can actually fit as an alternate universe. GT could easily happen as long as:

- Beerus never waking up and/or never having his dream/vision of the Super Saiyan God.

- Kibito Kai and Supreme Kai never defusing.

- And Pilaf and his gang never wishing for their youth by the Dragon Balls.