About Super Saiyan Rage...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: About Super Saiyan Rage...

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I don't think SS3 is a fluke. It just a form that under normal circumstances saiyan wont achieve it.

Goku only achieve the form while in otherworld when his bodies did not have the same limitations and Gotenks was a fusion. It might be impossible for a saiyan to naturally attain the form.

As for Rage well if their is a saiyan who knows what true rage is, its Trunks. His life has been hell and every-time he thinks things are getting better they take an even deeper nose dive. The basic SS forms are fueled by strong emotion, to even unlock the form you must be driven into the depths of rage, frustration or sorrow.

Rage it would seem, ties back into that theme. While the Goku and Vegeta have unlocked the more serene god powers, Trunks has has been pushed harder and deeper into his rage then anyone else, and like Gohan and Goku before him, found an even greater power hidden within him.
You just reiterated why I think SSJ3 is a fluke transformation. It can't be achieved under any normal circumstances. And even in the extremely unconventional scenarios where SSJ3 is achieved, it still has immense drawbacks and it cannot be fully controlled.

But I also like your theory behind SSR. I mean, it established that intense emotions can lead to incredible spikes in power and can even be the bridge from one Super Saiyan form to another, as shown with Gohan. My guess is that all the rage, anger and frustration that's been brewing inside of Future Trunks from all the many years of mentally and emotionally exhausting conflicts finally reached the boiling point when Future Trunks was made to feel guilt from Goku Black and Zamasu's scathing speech about how his selfishness of using a time machine to interfere with even in the past to save everyone in his world was in itself responsible for instigating all the events that caused misery for him, his friend, family and billions all over the world. Unable to cope with that mental burden, Super Saiyan Rage was born.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:I don't think SS3 is a fluke. It just a form that under normal circumstances saiyan wont achieve it.

Goku only achieve the form while in otherworld when his bodies did not have the same limitations and Gotenks was a fusion. It might be impossible for a saiyan to naturally attain the form.

As for Rage well if their is a saiyan who knows what true rage is, its Trunks. His life has been hell and every-time he thinks things are getting better they take an even deeper nose dive. The basic SS forms are fueled by strong emotion, to even unlock the form you must be driven into the depths of rage, frustration or sorrow.

Rage it would seem, ties back into that theme. While the Goku and Vegeta have unlocked the more serene god powers, Trunks has has been pushed harder and deeper into his rage then anyone else, and like Gohan and Goku before him, found an even greater power hidden within him.
You just reiterated why I think SSJ3 is a fluke transformation. It can be achieved under any normal circumstances. And even in the extremely unconventional scenarios where SSJ3 is achieved, it still has immense drawbacks and it cannot be fully controlled.

But I also like your theory behind SSR. I mean, it established that intense emotions can lead to incredible spikes in power and can even be the bridge from one Super Saiyan form to another, as shown with Gohan. My guess is that all the rage, anger and frustration that's been brewing inside of Future Trunks from all the many years of mentally and emotionally exhausting conflicts finally reached the boiling point when Future Trunks was made to feel guilt from Goku Black and Zamasu's scathing speech about how his selfishness of using a time machine to interfere with even in the past to save everyone in his world was in itself responsible for instigating all the events that caused misery for him, his friend, family and billions all over the world. Unable to cope with that mental burden, Super Saiyan Rage was born.
For point 1: I see what your getting at know.

Point too: I've actually begun to wonder.....could Rage be the true SS3 and the form we think of as SS3 just be a grade of SS2?

Base
]
Super Saiyan - Grade 2 - Grade 3
]
Super Saiyan 2 - Grade 2 (old SS3)
]
Super Saiyan Rage (True SS3)

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:57 am

Lord Beerus wrote: But I also like your theory behind SSR. I mean, it established that intense emotions can lead to incredible spikes in power and can even be the bridge from one Super Saiyan form to another, as shown with Gohan. My guess is that all the rage, anger and frustration that's been brewing inside of Future Trunks from all the many years of mentally and emotionally exhausting conflicts finally reached the boiling point when Future Trunks was made to feel guilt from Goku Black and Zamasu's scathing speech about how his selfishness of using a time machine to interfere with even in the past to save everyone in his world was in itself responsible for instigating all the events that caused misery for him, his friend, family and billions all over the world. Unable to cope with that mental burden, Super Saiyan Rage was born.
This was beautiful to read.
Lord Frieza wrote:For point 1: I see what your getting at know.

Point too: I've actually begun to wonder.....could Rage be the true SS3 and the form we think of as SS3 just be a grade of SS2?

Base
]
Super Saiyan - Grade 2 - Grade 3
]
Super Saiyan 2 - Grade 2 (old SS3)
]
Super Saiyan Rage (True SS3)
I'm pretty sure Super Saiyan Grades 1-5 we know, Grade 6 is SS3, Grade 7 is SS2 Improved like Trunks has, Grade 8 is SS2 Mutation that Vegeta got, and Grade 9 is SSRage.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:30 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: But I also like your theory behind SSR. I mean, it established that intense emotions can lead to incredible spikes in power and can even be the bridge from one Super Saiyan form to another, as shown with Gohan. My guess is that all the rage, anger and frustration that's been brewing inside of Future Trunks from all the many years of mentally and emotionally exhausting conflicts finally reached the boiling point when Future Trunks was made to feel guilt from Goku Black and Zamasu's scathing speech about how his selfishness of using a time machine to interfere with events in the past to save everyone in his world was in itself responsible for instigating all the events that caused misery for him, his friend, family and billions all over the world. Unable to cope with that mental burden, Super Saiyan Rage was born.
This was beautiful to read.
I literally thought of that theory on the spot, and I'm already certain I put way more effort into explaining the form that Toei will ever give us. :P

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm reviving this old thread because I think I might have some new thoughts to add.

I think SSRage and Kale's SSBerserk might be related to a degree. Allow me to explain a bit, then!

From what little we have, SSBerserk is said to possibly be the Saiyan's true form, one that Kale achieved because of years of internalizing rage and anger and letting it come to a boiling point. Well, after reading a bit, I saw that a similar thing was theorized with regards to SSRage, that it was possibly because Future Trunks experienced so much rage and anger and internalized and repressed it within himself for years on end, even after raging out and turning SS the first time.

There are other similarities between the two forms. For both, the eyes blank out and turn white, the user begins to bulk up, and the user becomes so powerful that they begin to shatter and shake the very ground they walk upon in addition to being able to go toe-to-toe with god-level opponents like SSR Goku Black, SSB Goku, etc.

Hell, SSRage Future Trunks's aura is yellow with blue, two colours that, when mixed together, become green. Not only that, but Future Trunks managed to gain control over his form, slimming his body down as it began to bulk up and regaining his pupils. And with Kale, promotional material has led to speculation that she'll learn to gain control over SSBerserk, possibly doing, guess what? Slimming down and regaining her pupils.

It's possible, then, that SSRage and SSBerserk represent the true full-power potential of a Saiyan, without any usage of the power of SSG. Perhaps SSRage is unique to Future Trunks because he already raged out into a SS beforehand and learned to control that power long ago, whereas SSBerserk is what the form "should be" because Kale transformed into it fresh, without any experience with SS to begin with.

Neskhayr

Post by Neskhayr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:46 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I'm reviving this old thread because I think I might have some new thoughts to add.

I think SSRage and Kale's SSBerserk might be related to a degree. Allow me to explain a bit, then!

From what little we have, SSBerserk is said to possibly be the Saiyan's true form, one that Kale achieved because of years of internalizing rage and anger and letting it come to a boiling point. Well, after reading a bit, I saw that a similar thing was theorized with regards to SSRage, that it was possibly because Future Trunks experienced so much rage and anger and internalized and repressed it within himself for years on end, even after raging out and turning SS the first time.

There are other similarities between the two forms. For both, the eyes blank out and turn white, the user begins to bulk up, and the user becomes so powerful that they begin to shatter and shake the very ground they walk upon in addition to being able to go toe-to-toe with god-level opponents like SSR Goku Black, SSB Goku, etc.

Hell, SSRage Future Trunks's aura is yellow with blue, two colours that, when mixed together, become green. Not only that, but Future Trunks managed to gain control over his form, slimming his body down as it began to bulk up and regaining his pupils. And with Kale, promotional material has led to speculation that she'll learn to gain control over SSBerserk, possibly doing, guess what? Slimming down and regaining her pupils.

It's possible, then, that SSRage and SSBerserk represent the true full-power potential of a Saiyan, without any usage of the power of SSG. Perhaps SSRage is unique to Future Trunks because he already raged out into a SS beforehand and learned to control that power long ago, whereas SSBerserk is what the form "should be" because Kale transformed into it fresh, without any experience with SS to begin with.
I agree.
Just wanna say one more thing:
SSJ Rage and SSJ Berseker can be the same transformations in different peoples. How?
Trunks is an hibrid saiyan. Kale is a pure saiyan.
Vegeta told that form could be "the truely form of the saiyans", and, like you said, the form that makes possible the full power of an saiyan without the god power.

So, here is the point: Trunks is not a pure saiyan, so his transformation is like "imperfect".
Kale is green. Trunks is blue plus yellow. Blue plus yellow is green, like you said.
And, last but not least, like all transformations, Rage and Berserk potentiate the base power of the character.
This would explain all the possible variables power grades with both transformations.
What I mean is: there are no limits when we talk about this two forms; they are the full potential without god ki influence.
The final transformations of saiyans (with no god ki). At least, untill here/now.

(Sorry the bad english...
: /
I'm Brazillian)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Reviving the thread!

I think the theory that makes the most sense is that it's the Half Saiyan version of Super Saiyan Blue. And here's why I think so. You know how Blue has a calm state of mind? Rage could be the complete opposite of that (Hence the name). It also could be even stronger than Blue, because you know, half-breeds have more potential than full bloods. And then lastly, and obviously, there's the aura, it looks exactly like Blue's aura, except it's yellow and blue. So, with everything I've pointed out, I do think Rage being the Half Saiyan version of Blue makes the most sense. What do you guys think?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:24 pm

we might have to wait till gohan gets it or a similar form to understand it and where it fits

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:30 pm

The only place where explanations might be provided is through a guidebook, which doesn't seem we are likely to get one.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~